Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoplay A1 shuts off during firmware update, loses connection

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

rubatone
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
rubatone Posted: Sat, Mar 10 2018 6:26 PM

Dear Forum.

I have tried updating the firmware of my Beoplay A1 using a PC, using a Mac, using my Android phone, using my Ipad, with cable and also via bluetooth.

It´s just not working, how ever I try to du it the A1 shuts off after having downloaded about 40%, and the app/program says it has lost connection. I have now tried it about 40 times.

I have heard that a lot of people have had difficulties updating firmware with beoplay speakers, any suggestions? I have no other problem connecting to the app for example.

The reason I want to update the firmware is that I´m buying another A1 one for stereo-pairing and want them to have the same firmware.

Thanks in advance!

mbolo01
Top 50 Contributor
Louannec - France
Posts 2,035
Bronze Member
mbolo01 replied on Mon, Mar 12 2018 3:15 PM

It worked fine for me on a Mac using the "BeoPlay Software Update" OSX application with A1 connected to the USB port.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Yendys
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 312
Founder
Yendys replied on Tue, Mar 13 2018 7:43 AM
It didn’t work for me with beoplay app. But connected via USB to windows 10 pc and update app work perfectly
Yendys
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 312
Founder
Yendys replied on Tue, Mar 13 2018 8:03 AM
Also you can’t update it with the cable shipped with the A1 it’s only a charge cable. You have to use/buy a sync/data cable. Go figure premium product cheap cable. Wasn’t happy when I had to go and buy one...
Dyssegaard
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts 263
Bronze Member
Dyssegaard replied on Tue, Mar 13 2018 11:17 AM
I have been able to update my A1 using my Macbook Air, the B&O update app for Mac, and the cable that came with the A1.

Unless the supplied cable was broken, I don’t think it’s necessary to buy a new one.

Best regards - Dyssegaard

Living room: Beovision Eclipse 55, Beolab 3 / R1 (back), Beolab 2 / R1 (sub), AppleTV 4K. Bedroom: Beovision 11-40, AppleTV 4. Home office: Beoplay M5. Kitchen: Beoplay M5. Travel: Beoplay H8, Beoplay A1. NAS: WD My Cloud Home / Plex DLNA Server.

rubatone
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
rubatone replied on Tue, Mar 13 2018 11:30 AM

Dear Yendy, thanks for your suggestion. I will try both PC and Mac with supplied and other USB c cables. I have a macbook air with latest os, My PC is also on win10 and I tried both the USB2.0 and 3.0 ports. The A1 shuts off when it has downloaded about 40%. It seems that the cable is working since it starts the data transfer but then the A1 shuts off after a whil. 

Have tried to have the A1 plugged in and on battery, same result.

Today I bought an A2, I will try to update the A2 also, just give me some time :) And then compare. 

Thanks everyone for suggestions!!! Keep em coming

rubatone
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
rubatone replied on Fri, Mar 16 2018 4:51 PM

Dear forum!

Now I have an updated Beoplay A1! I used the cable from when I bought the A2 Active, and updated from a mac with this USB-c cable, superfast and no problems. 

I looked closely on both cables (the one that is supplied with the A1 and the one supplied with the A2 active ) and I can´t see any difference comparing these two cables, they look exactly the same, but only the A2 active USB-c cable seems to work.

I put the A1 in "update mode" (pushed the A1 power button when the app asked me to) and from there it took only a minute.

Anyway, many thanks for all your help that resolved my update problem :)

Earle
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 223
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Fri, Mar 16 2018 4:56 PM

You might have just gotten a bum cable with your A1. I've updated my A1 with the supplied cable no problem.

rubatone
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
rubatone replied on Sat, Mar 17 2018 6:59 AM

It seems that both me and forum user "Yendy" had faulty or "no data" charging cables with our A1. I figured it was worth mentioning even if it is not the case for everyone.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS