Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Lost some privileges on this forum?

rated by 0 users
This post has 45 Replies | 2 Followers

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie Posted: Sat, Mar 3 2012 8:17 AM

Few things that doesn't work as a (new) member here on this forum.

-Can not reply on the General forum  -- Now fixed Keith...

-Stars are gone -- Fixed Keith..

-Can not edit my posts, does not show up in drop down "more"  -- Is fixed Keith..

Some members post count was not transferred  -- I allowed until last Wednesday 14th March to request transfer of Post Count and those who requested it received a transfer.  Keith..

Brengen & Ophalen

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sat, Mar 3 2012 8:25 AM

I have put your gold status back - That should allow you your usual privileges - not sure what happened here unless your subscription expired - I'll chat to Keith.

Peter

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Mar 3 2012 9:01 AM

Thanks Peter. Don't know about the subscription expiration date. Don't  we get a message when the expiration date is there??

Brengen & Ophalen

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sat, Mar 3 2012 9:35 AM

Probably - that is why I have simply reinstated your status!

Peter

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Mar 3 2012 9:56 AM

But when do I pay my members fee? It must have been more then a year agoEmbarrassed

Other thing is, can you update my posted numbers back to 3000 instead of 24 nowBig Smile

Brengen & Ophalen

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Mar 3 2012 9:58 AM

Leslie Nelwan:

-Can not reply on the General forum

-Stars are gone

-Can not edit my posts, does not show up in drop down "more"

All issues solved, thanks guys (Peter, Keith), except for uploading pictures... How do I do that (now)?

Brengen & Ophalen

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Mar 3 2012 11:15 AM

Leslie:
But when do I pay my members fee?

I mean contribution instead of fee (is that the same?).

Brengen & Ophalen

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Mar 3 2012 1:51 PM

Uploading pictures works (already did, but forgot some things to do first)!

Brengen & Ophalen

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Mar 3 2012 2:00 PM

I'm happy and used to this new forum now, but still missing the old threads!

Brengen & Ophalen

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posts 5,495
Founder

Leslie:

I'm happy and used to this new forum now, but still missing the old threads!

All the old threads are still available "Read Only" at http://archivedarchivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/

Regards Keith....

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Mar 3 2012 4:40 PM

I know Keith, thanks. Can you please update my postnumbering?

Brengen & Ophalen

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

Leslie:

Thanks Peter. Don't know about the subscription expiration date. Don't  we get a message when the expiration date is there??

I have a similar concern ! 

I got my 3 stars but not the foundation member "f" (btw, I just realised the font size seems to have disappeared, so if you can't read it, that was an eff)

I wrote to Keith about that and my post count, hopefully he will get around to fixing them both soon

My recollection is that I too should have received a membership renewal notice by now, but I have not seen it yet 

BeoNut since '75

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 12:50 PM

My subscription just arrived yesterday - so the system is working!

Peter

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,495
Founder

Peter:

My subscription just arrived yesterday - so the system is working!

Peter,

I am pleased that your reminder for subscription arrived yesterday, but I can confirm that for a period reminders were NOT being sent out. The reason was that a recent Microsoft software update had stopped the Task Schedular and not restarted it after the update and I had not noticed.

I can confirm that it is running now, but some members may not have received reminders recently.

I have set the Task Schedular to run the reminder ASP code at 14:00 every day UK time and will pick up any subscriptions which are going to expire in 4 weeks time.

Regards Keith....

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,495
Founder

Leslie:

-Can not reply on the General forum  -- Now fixed Keith...

-Stars are gone -- Still working on this issue Keith..

-Can not edit my posts, does not show up in drop down "more"  -- Should be fixed for all users now, members need to confirm..  Keith..

See my notes above

Regards Keith....

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sun, Mar 4 2012 1:30 PM

Great Keith, thanks!Yes

Brengen & Ophalen

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
Posts 541
Gold Member

@ Keith, when will members that should have renewed (like me) be notified?

I am afraid that my renewal has fallen in between floors because of this Microsoft Task Scheduler thing you mentioned.

Thanks

Ferdinand

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,495
Founder

Ferdinand:

@ Keith, when will members that should have renewed (like me) be notified?

I am afraid that my renewal has fallen in between floors because of this Microsoft Task Scheduler thing you mentioned.

You should have been notified before Christmas that your renewal was due, but unfortunately you were not.

However, you have been manually set to Gold on the forum, but to keep it you will need to go to the web site and renew.

Regards Keith....

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

elephant:

Leslie:

I have a similar concern ! 

I got my 3 stars but not the foundation member "f" (btw, I just realised the font size seems to have disappeared, so if you can't read it, that was an eff)

I wrote to Keith about that and my post count, hopefully he will get around to fixing them both soon

My recollection is that I too should have received a membership renewal notice by now, but I have not seen it yet 

Thanks Keith (and/or Peter) for fixing me up !

And I shall look forward to getting my subscription reminder !

BeoNut since '75

Ben
Not Ranked
Perth, Western Australia
Posts 37
Bronze Member
Ben replied on Wed, Mar 7 2012 1:43 AM

Hi, 

I am pretty sure I missed a reminder also - when I check my membership renewal on the main site I am apparently paid up until Nov 2012 - but pretty sure I did not pay membership in Nov 11.  Last email reminder I can find was Oct 2010.  Can someone check me out??

Don't want to be a free loader!! Wink

Have also noticed that I also have gold founder status on main site but just gold on forum - could this be because my membership has lapsed??

Let me know if I owe some subscription fees...

Thanks.

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Wed, Mar 7 2012 8:25 PM

We don't get any reply regarding our memberships contribution/notification 2012 so I guess it's a gift from Beoworld?

Brengen & Ophalen

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Leslie:

We don't get any reply regarding our memberships contribution/notification 2012 so I guess it's a gift from Beoworld?

I think all gold members with more than 1000 posts, gets 2012 freeCoolBeerLeft HugStar

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Ben
Not Ranked
Perth, Western Australia
Posts 37
Bronze Member
Ben replied on Thu, Mar 8 2012 12:18 AM

-or I violated my golden rule of no drunken internet purchases Beer

-downside of that rule is the awesome and complete surprise when things you never knew you bought turn up on the doorstep...

- I also apply this rule to answering work emails...sensible me!

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Thu, Mar 8 2012 9:30 PM

Thought I was happy but I'm not! All valuable info that we have placed on the old forum is lost, I mean, there's no way to use the search function anymore. Is that going to be resolved? Or else this new step starting a new forum is going back to zero! Not happy at allAngry

Brengen & Ophalen

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Thu, Mar 8 2012 9:42 PM

Even when I try Google as a workaround (searching Beocom 6000 reset) I get this message: Post not found. Not amused, totally not amused!

Brengen & Ophalen

smccwein
Not Ranked
Posts 46
Bronze Member

Thanks! I will wait :)

Beovision 10-32, Beolab 2500, Beosound Ouverture, Serenata, Beomaster 2000, Sony BDP-S550, Apple TV 2, MX 7000 & MX 6000, XBOX 360 HALO 4 Bundle.

The best things in life have always been those that last.

Pekka Majander
Not Ranked
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 1
Bronze Member

Hello, it seems that I lose 2 of my 3 stars recently, no notification received. I can't remember when it should happen. Could you check, please?

BR,

Pekka 

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,495
Founder

majand:

Hello, it seems that I lose 2 of my 3 stars recently, no notification received. I can't remember when it should happen. Could you check, please?

BR,

Pekka 

Your membership expired on 28th Feb 2012

Regards Keith....

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
Keith_5F00_Saunders:

Your membership expired on 28th Feb 2012

Same here... Just noticed my membership had expired but I do not remember getting a notification.

It would be financially advantageous for the forum if these notifications where sent.

P.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

AT
Top 500 Contributor
Budapest, Magyarország
Posts 235
Founder
AT replied on Fri, Mar 16 2012 8:05 AM

I have a similar problem.

My stars and founder status is OK, but the postcount is really bad, as currently it seems, I never posted any message before the forum upgrade. Can You please check it for me? IMHO my membership expired, or will expire in the near future, but I did not get any message about it.

Thanks in advance Smile

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,495
Founder

AT:
Can You please check it for me? IMHO my membership expired, or will expire in the near future, but I did not get any message about it.

Your membership expires on 17th April like many other members who joined on the first date of Beoworld on 17th April 2007 and you will receive an automatric reminder in the next few days..

As defined in the other thread HERE about post count transfers.  I have been honouring all requests for post count transfers up to last Wednesday.

Regards Keith....

AT
Top 500 Contributor
Budapest, Magyarország
Posts 235
Founder
AT replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 8:27 PM

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't online until then, and didn't found that thread after the deadline either. I was post my request there,

Some other problems with the forum:

- "Members On-Line" status has wrong post count - mostly - "(0)" for me for example, but it's all wrong for all users

- If You press the name, the search function will show "userid:XXXX" against to the user name (anyway it works)

- If I press "Posts you have not read" shortcut, I will get the list, but:

- I can't go to the last unread post, as I can get the first or the last only (maybe my fault)

- If I select "New since last visit" option, the list will be empty with this message: "There are no posts to show. This could be because there are no posts in this forum or due to a filter."

And a suggestion:

- I think, the "Posts you have not read" shortcut could be placed on the top on the page (where it was earlier)

I'm using Opera/WinXP, maybe these are faults for this case only. I hope these suggestions will help You to improve the site.

EDIT: +1 - I asked to "Email me replies to this post", and this option sent me this post, the post with which I asked for the replies. I think, this is a bug this way.

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

Leslie:

My membership renewal email arrived as usual  today. Renewal is due 16/4/2012

Those that have not received a reminder, are you sure that BeoWorld has your correct email address??????

Regards Graham

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Mon, Mar 19 2012 12:10 PM

My email has not changed since my membership and as far as I can remember I always get notifications for payment? Let me know when I have to pay my contribution?

Brengen & Ophalen

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Mon, Mar 19 2012 12:15 PM

joeyboygolf:
Those that have not received a reminder, are you sure that BeoWorld has your correct email address??????

Very good point.

Let me add that email is unreliable by design. It was that in the '80s when it was first designed, and the fundamental problems have never been fixed in Internet protocols, although the more reliable networks of today usually make it seem that way. They can also get lost for a number of other reasons, like spam filters incorrectly eating them, or your mailbox being over quota. I would never rely on email reminders for anything.

Regular gold (and silver) members will know their membership has expired when they aren't gold any more¹. Then you can upgrade and that's it, your status is reinstated immediately when the payment goes through.

Founder members... if you really are interested in keeping the founder status, is it too much to ask that you mark a single date in the calendar once a year?

¹ except for a few cases after this forum upgrade, when the roles weren't automatically transferred. These have been corrected per request, I believe.

--mika

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,495
Founder

Leslie:

My email has not changed since my membership and as far as I can remember I always get notifications for payment? Let me know when I have to pay my contribution?

Whilst I manually set your Status to Gold after the forum changeover, on checking your status I see that your membership actually expired at the beginning of December last year and your status will automatically change back to Bronze next time you logout/login via the web site unless you renew your membership.

To view your membership expiry date go to the beoworld web site HERE and click on link as shown below

Regards Keith....

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

That's what happened to me, although my expiry date was in December, I wasn't downgraded on the old forum, nor did I get the email. 

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Mon, Mar 19 2012 6:15 PM

That's what I tried to say as well for the xxxx  time.

One more x and I consider this year is as a 2012 gift...

Brengen & Ophalen

Menahem Yachad
Top 75 Contributor
Jerusalem, Israel
Posts 1,249
Bronze Member

Hi Keith,

I lost my Posts count. It's always nice to be a newbie outside, but this is home here!

Menahem

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,495
Founder

yachadm:

Hi Keith,

I lost my Posts count. It's always nice to be a newbie outside, but this is home here!

Menahem

Are you upgrading your membership now ?

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 2 (46 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS