Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 9

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

TerjeH
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
TerjeH Posted: Sat, Apr 28 2012 8:36 PM
Will buy Beovision 9. Is there a big difference in mk3, mk4, mk5. That's just the display that is upgraded? Considering the purchase of a dark/gray or alu/black mk3. The price is almost the same. Is a little unsure on a dark/gray color, or what? Want opinions quickly.
TerjeH
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
TerjeH replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 8:54 PM
The dark grey is mk4.
Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:37 PM

I have an mkIII, type 9760 with D10 panel.

From mkIII all the BV9's have integrated calibration camera's.

The MKIV has a slightly different system3 . These newer system 3's  have a different audio board. With a software update these can be upgraded with ALT techonology.

Older system 3's the audio boards can be replaced with a newer audio board.

mkIV and mkV have D11 panels.  

Henrik Toubro
Not Ranked
Copenhagen
Posts 70
Bronze Member

Can you tell us more about this:

Beobuddy:

These newer system 3's  have a different audio board. With a software update these can be upgraded with ALT techonology.

I have an Mk.III model, which I love to death, and the only ALT I know stands for Acoustic Lens Technology, which is the design they use to distribute the sound horizontally 180 degrees in the tweeter below the screen on all BV9 models.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 11:01 PM

Sorry, you're totally right!

I swapped the ALT for AST!!! The Adaptive Sound Technology.

TerjeH
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
TerjeH replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 11:30 PM
Ok, thanks for info. Is it big different of panel 10 and 11? And what about the color?
Alsfeld
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 147
Bronze Member
Alsfeld replied on Tue, May 1 2012 8:35 PM

I cannot recommend buying a beovision 9. During warranty one modul of the beosystem 3 had to be changed. Now after four years I have to replace the plasma display for 2.500 Euros (see thread http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/845.aspx ).

I have a MK II, perhaps the other models are of higher quality. I wish you luck.

TerjeH
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
TerjeH replied on Tue, May 1 2012 9:10 PM
Alsfeld, it was sad to hear. I have collected at the B & O since the 80's and love the products. Beovision 9 has been on my wish list long, and it seems that I buy an aluminum / black mk3. It's been used about 4000 hours. I hope I do not have the same problems you had.
Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Tue, May 1 2012 10:30 PM

In our familiy we have 2 BV9's.

Both without problems and working flawlessly.

Only the integrated BM5 gave some problems with the it's mainboard. But thats' an option not every buyer has. 

TerjeH
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
TerjeH replied on Tue, May 1 2012 10:41 PM
Hello Beobuddy. I want to integrate a bm5 in it. Have talked to someone who has done it in a same TV without problem.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS