Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Pickup arm set-down on Beogram 7000

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
leosgonewild Posted: Wed, Nov 12 2014 1:40 PM

I need to adjust the set-down on my Beogram 7000. It drops down infront of the record.

I read the manual, but I don´t understand how I should do it.

Could someone please clarify for me?

(I think I saw a tread once on how to do it, but I can´t find it)

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Wed, Nov 12 2014 2:46 PM

Leosgonewild:

I need to adjust the set-down on my Beogram 7000. It drops down infront of the record.

I read the manual, but I don´t understand how I should do it.

Could someone please clarify for me?

(I think I saw a tread once on how to do it, but I can´t find it)

I think you might mean this one:

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/11424.aspx

You replied to that one saying you didn't understand and could it be clarified.  Not sure what you don't understand as it's fairly self-explanatory.  

Your stylus is dropping short of the vinyl so needs to be moved 'in' towards the centre of the record.  

Take the top platter and black plastic disc off.  Move the tonearm assembly to the left so you can open the deck.  Open the deck to the service position (instructions under the deck).  

Under the tonearm on the sliding carriage you will see where the white cord finishes and is attached to a spring.  There is a round disc with a slot in it.  You finely adjust this first to set the 17cm (single record) drop point.  If you want to move the drop point inwards towards the centre, turn the disc anticlockwise a fraction.  

Once this is set correctly, you can do the same for a 30cm (LP record) using the other set point adjuster as indicated.  loosen the fastening screw (F) just enough to be able to move the adjuster.  As your drop point is outside of the LP, you should need to turn it clockwise a fraction.  Adjust until the set point is achieved and retighten screw F.

Dave.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS