Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Besound 5 encore

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
Posts 130
Bronze Member
Paul cheacker Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2018 8:58 AM

Hi,

Having a strange issue with the beosound 5 encore. Im using my encore with a synology NAS which works fine. My issue is however when I delete an unwanted flac album it still appears on the encore although without the album art and unable to play its like a ghost of the album. I have resync the encore with the NAS but the ghost album still appears. Anybody know what causes this and how to solve it.

Regards

Current b and o Products

beosound 5 encore, beolabs 6000, beogram 4500, playmaker mk1

Hungedu
Top 500 Contributor
United States
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Hungedu replied on Thu, Mar 29 2018 4:43 PM

Sometimes you have to secure delete or overwrite the new fee space to prevent the Encore from sensing the presence of deleted data. You can also do a factory reset on the BS5 Encore, which will force it to rescan the entire drive and hopefully not show the deleted content afterwards. I have to do this on mine when I delete or change several albums on the targeted drive.

BeoLab 5, BeoVision 7-55 MK2, BeoSound 5 Encore, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab Penta III, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 2, BeoLab 7-6, BeoSound 8, BeoTime (analog clock), Beo 4 remote.

Hungedu
Top 500 Contributor
United States
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Hungedu replied on Thu, Mar 29 2018 4:49 PM

To do a BeoSound 5 Encore factory reset:

1) Go to 'mode' > 'settings', but do not press <go>.

2) Now press <arrow right> two times and then press <go>. This opens the service menu in English.

3) Look for the option to "reset to factory defaults" under the "Maintenance" menu and press <go>.

This should reset the Encore and force it to rescan all the data sources.

BeoLab 5, BeoVision 7-55 MK2, BeoSound 5 Encore, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab Penta III, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 2, BeoLab 7-6, BeoSound 8, BeoTime (analog clock), Beo 4 remote.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Thu, Mar 29 2018 6:58 PM

applemac1:
it still appears on the encore although without the album art
What picture do you see:

B&o

or

♫ 

If ♫ then most probable cause is the dlna server. Be sure it doesn't search the bin.

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
Posts 130
Bronze Member
I see the musical note where the deleted album was. I will try both of the suggestions posted here and let you know.

Thnks

Current b and o Products

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
Posts 130
Bronze Member
Hungedu,

Ive done what you said and now ive lost my nas connection and do i reconnect with my nast drive I do not see any options in mode and have no idea how i reset system so it connects with my nas.?

Current b and o Products

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
Posts 130
Bronze Member
Hi Foget it ive found how to reset the nas just rescanning music and ill let you know if it worked.

Current b and o Products

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
Posts 130
Bronze Member
Hi All,

Nope this did not work reset beosound encore to factory setting rescanned all music from the nas drive after deleting all recycle bins and im still getiing these ghost albums with a music not as a cover.

Current b and o Products

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sat, Mar 31 2018 3:57 PM

applemac1:
Hi All,

Nope this did not work reset beosound encore to factory setting rescanned all music from the nas drive after deleting all recycle bins and im still getiing these ghost albums with a music not as a cover.

Your DLNA server picks up this "ghost" when scanning your music collection. So the BS5e has no other choice than to show this file!

To my opinion the solution lies within your Synology and the server software within.

Paul cheacker
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
Posts 130
Bronze Member
Hi All,

For anyone using a synology nas drive with th Beosound 5 encore with ghosting issue, which is where when youve deleted a album but you still see it on the encore without a album cover just a musical note. The way to fix it is, firstly in your nas drive under the shared files add a new file call music 1, then transfer all music in your original file which is called music and to the new file called music 1. Delete the original music file and rename the new file music 1 to music. This will get rid of this issue.

Current b and o Products

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS