Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 1 black

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky Posted: Sat, Apr 28 2018 7:54 AM
https://theaudiophileman.com/beosound-1-bang-olufsen-news/

I sold my beolit 17, no support on multiroom. I like integrated sollutions so when I walk outside I just push a button. Black.... does this mean it will be replaced, as B&O often make one final edition in black and than discontinue?

ETA 7 May.Big Smile
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
I don’t think that it’s a discontinue.

When they were launching BS1 they said they expect to launch a variety of colours.

In early press releases we saw a multitude of colours.

The black looks good.
chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sat, Apr 28 2018 8:42 AM
Yeah black is nice, white would have been even betterSmile

I also get another essence remote with it, does this mean I can have 2 and join and set volume on both at the same time?

Than I have full stereo, my neighbours will love me for thatSuper Angry
steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sat, Apr 28 2018 9:14 AM
Piano black and polished white would make a nice stereo pair.

what do you mean by you getting a remote with it. you’ll purchase one or it’s a promo? how does the remote even connect to the beosound? bluetooth?
chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sat, Apr 28 2018 10:06 AM
Yup I have ordered one, not getting anything for free. It needs to be connected through bluetooth it does not have an IR . Maybe someone can elaborate?
Opman
Top 200 Contributor
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Posts 443
Bronze Member
Opman replied on Sat, Apr 28 2018 2:49 PM

Hi

With the Bang & Olufsen app you can go into the products section and pair an Essence remote with Bluetooth to either BeoSound 1 or 2.

The BeoSound 1 is ongoing and the black is simply a limited edition.

Regards

Opman

steve1977
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 911
Bronze Member
steve1977 replied on Sun, Apr 29 2018 2:10 AM
Great. Is stereo pairing possible?

What functions would the remote allow? pause and resume an airplay stream?
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Apr 29 2018 6:49 AM
steve1977:

Great. Is stereo pairing possible?

No, it’s not.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sat, May 19 2018 8:12 PM

Got the beosound 1 today, BlackBig Smile. Can anybody shad a light on this, I cannot join with an Essence MKII. The other way around it works but the Essence MKII doesn’t see the beosound. With the core any of the 3 no problem.

Tx Chucky

f

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member
I think I’m going to get one next weekend. I saw it in the flesh today and it gorgeous!

I heard it maaaaay be possible to create a stereo pair in the future 😁

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member
chucky:

Got the beosound 1 today, Black . Can anybody shad a light on this, I cannot join with an Essence MKII. The other way around it works but the Essence MKII doesn’t see the beosound. With the core any of the 3 no problem.

Tx Chucky

f

From Beovision to doorbel...all B&O what rings.

Have you tried restarting them all?

What source are you playing from?

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sun, May 20 2018 12:49 AM
I am playing deezer from the essence and want to join the beosound 1 but it does not apear in the app or the blgw. In all the 3 cores it does....

Sw bug?
chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Tue, May 22 2018 9:25 PM
Reset router bs 1 shows up now with the Essence as “master”

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Fri, May 25 2018 8:17 AM

chucky:
https://theaudiophileman.com/beosound-1-bang-olufsen-news/

I sold my beolit 17, no support on multiroom. I like integrated sollutions so when I walk outside I just push a button. Black.... does this mean it will be replaced, as B&O often make one final edition in black and than discontinue?

ETA 7 May.Big Smile

They may be updated with mic's this Fall (voice control). B&O's strategy to keep products fresh seems to be a new color every year or so, but the black was a limited edition as stated and the dealers had to pre-order - and once the critical mass was reached they went into production. If you want one in black, I would recommend walking out of the store with one if possible - don't think twice or blink, otherwise it will be gone. Great that B&O kept the original sticker price even if it is a limited edition.

Roger

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member
Got mine in Black today. Don’t know where I’m going to put it but I Love it!!!!

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Chris Hassell:

Got mine in Black today. Don’t know where I’m going to put it but I Love it!!!! BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

I saw it in the department store the other day and I loved the black.
chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sat, Jun 9 2018 9:22 AM
Hi, it seemd that the bs 1 keeps connecting, plop plop, it was annoying last week so I turned the sound off. I use it only on occasions in the garden .

Now it is empty, no juice. That will help when I want to use it.

How can I prevent it from popping but keeping it in my nl network without running out of power.

Tx Chucky
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Jun 9 2018 9:31 AM

You have an on/off button under the unit. 

Why don´t you keep it connected to mains when not in use, and just disconnect when you want to move it around?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member
chucky:

Hi, it seemd that the bs 1 keeps connecting, plop plop, it was annoying last week so I turned the sound off. I use it only on occasions in the garden .

Now it is empty, no juice. That will help when I want to use it.

How can I prevent it from popping but keeping it in my nl network without running out of power.

Tx Chucky From Beovision to doorbel...all B&O what rings.

I’ve been having that - constant plop plop!!!!

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Hiort:

You have an on/off button under the unit.

Why don´t you keep it connected to mains when not in use, and just disconnect when you want to move it around?

That’s what I do
chucky
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 331
Bronze Member
chucky replied on Sat, Jun 9 2018 12:52 PM
Ok I am a bit spoiled I have a set of beolabs in every room, bit if you want to use it as a link speaker you go nutssss

So yes just switching of is a temp sollution bit for customers who want to use it as a link it isn’t. I would not want to reconnect.
Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
Posts 396
Bronze Member

Very happy Big Smile

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,895
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sun, Jun 10 2018 5:35 PM
chucky:

Ok I am a bit spoiled I have a set of beolabs in every room, bit if you want to use it as a link speaker you go nutssss

So yes just switching of is a temp sollution bit for customers who want to use it as a link it isn’t. I would not want to reconnect. From Beovision to doorbel...all B&O what rings.

I have no such problems with the BS1. It sticks to the assigned network and is always on, and connection is steady as a rock.

Page 1 of 1 (23 items) | RSS