Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beoplay A8 not appearing in B&O app?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member
BeoFrederic Posted: Sun, Nov 21 2021 12:26 AM

Is there a trick to getting the Beoplay A8 to appear in the B&O app?  My BPA8 is connected to my 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network: I can Airplay to it all day & night.  Via a web browser, I can access its internal web server; it says the software is up-to-date.  However, I can’t ‘see’ the device in the B&O app.  

When I select the generic BPA8 from the ‘add a device’ section, the app looks for my device on the network, can’t find it, tells me to look for the hotspot network with the device name, which in turn never appears in my list of available networks.  Game, set, and match.  Frustrating.

Any ideas?  And thanks.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
How did you set it up?

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member

Thanks for the quick reply.  I initially set the unit up per B&O’s included instructions, which if memory serves involved cabling the unit via Ethernet to my router.  That was about 5 or 6 years ago, so I’m vague on the details.  In any event, I just went through a similar setup again, resetting the network connection, to see if that would allow the device to be seen by the App.  I used your instructions (thanks twice).  That worked as expected — the unit is up and running on the network, but didn’t resolve the App issue.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member
Mine shows under products.

I click the little person on the top right, then click products.

It won’t show on the front page.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member
Certain as I was that I had no positive results to report, I only now got around to a desultory search of the list of products that I own, and voilà — there it is. The network reset worked after all. Many thanks.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS