Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocenter 9500 cutting out

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 108
Bronze Member
Maurice Posted: Thu, Feb 6 2014 9:03 PM

Hi all 

Recently I have been refurbishing  a BC9500 in beautiful condition, I have reattached the glass panels and fitted a new micro computer  3volt battery as CODE was displayed in top RH . this was done with a beo4 remote, during testing a fault was evident on the BALLANCE  Function, the unit would start with 3/4 volume only on LH speaker when I attempted to bring ballance to center the cassette door would pulse to attempt to open about 6mm movement !  I have resolved this issue with a beolink 1000 remote, and all was fine full functioning BC 9500 for about a hour now then it switched to STBY  since then no joy in getting it to stay on for any length of time in tape radio or cd  I've tried the 1271 And remove power after 3 seconds  any pointers please in tearing what's left of my male pattern baldness hair out!

Thanks in hope

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 9:11 PM

The battery was replaced while working in an ESD-safe environment, right ?

Martin

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 108
Bronze Member
Maurice replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 9:20 PM

Hi Martin, yes I was grounded to the unit 

Maurice
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 108
Bronze Member
Maurice replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 9:26 PM

As an addition to what I have done I noticed a small degree of,local overheating on the pins of TR10 and TR11 on PCB 60. I can't understand why it was going for approx an hour then it started switching to standby again

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS