Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BeoSystem 3 IR Receiver wiring config

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 4 Followers

fishta
Not Ranked
Posts 27
Bronze Member
fishta Posted: Wed, Jan 30 2013 4:43 PM

Hi Guys,

I need to wire up a BeoSystem 3 IR receiver, I have the info needed to wire up the sensor part but have no idea which cables go to which pins on the "serial" type connection. Can anyone help?

Also need details on the pin configurations for the RS-232 cable between the BeoVision 4 and BeoSystem 3.

Thanks in advance

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

This thread may help! I posted a wiring diagram in there!

Stoobie

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member

I don't know what exactly you mean. But maybe this helps.

hfat

Keelay
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Keelay replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 8:11 AM

I am in the same boat Fishta, but I am using the 3.5mm jack and the wiring schematic from the Beosystem3 manual I have says use terminals 3,4,5 on a 5 terminal IR (corresponding Green 3, yellow 4, brown 5) which goes against the 1 yellow ,3 green,5 brown termination pattern that was suggested. This IR is for a projector set up as well. I always planned on using a TRS 3.5mm jack (Tip being green, ring yellow, and Sleeve brown) I figured the color codes stay the same (ie. Yellow is always +5V, Green IR-Data etc.) So armed with my knowledge I was going to set up like the manual said with my jack until I came across the other termination pattern for the IR side and now am slightly concerned which to use? Any ideas or preferably definite answers thanks

fishta
Not Ranked
Posts 27
Bronze Member
fishta replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 9:41 AM

Perfect, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks Guys.

fishta
Not Ranked
Posts 27
Bronze Member
fishta replied on Thu, Jan 31 2013 10:20 AM

Next problem is that I then went to see how the other end wires up and it only lists colours not functions!!

Does anyone know how the pins match up at the other end?

Thanks

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
deeonline
Not Ranked
Posts 45
Bronze Member

Guys, the BeoVision 7-pin IR puck has the 2nd pin marked as "Blue (Light)". Any idea what this is and what DB9 pin it should be connected to? I've mapped all other wires, but this one still puzzles me.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS