Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Connecting beomedia 1 to an ir unit

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Motersen
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Silver Member
Motersen Posted: Mon, May 14 2012 3:35 PM

The Beomedia 1 has an ir outlet... Is there a simple way to use this to connect an ir unit without the necessarity of a fullfledged beolink setup... Normally I only read about active or passive mcl etc.

any usefull comment is appreciated...

(want to use my beo4 to control the beomedia, but i have no beolink setup)...

Mat.

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Mon, May 14 2012 4:39 PM

The ir-socket is an ir-input. It is used with an external ir-eye. When connected, the BM1 can respond to the Pc or VAux command. This had to be configured in the service menu. So, therefore a ml system isn't needed.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
Which TV have you got?

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Motersen
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Silver Member
Motersen replied on Mon, May 14 2012 5:13 PM

hi beobuddy.. is the ir eye a part that one can actually buy as a seperate item from bho/

regards mat.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
Yes you can buy separately.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

Hi Mat

I connected my BM1 to a BeoVision 5 which does not have the controller For BM1 so had to add a IR eye. I bought  B&O IR eyes for my Wireless 1 previously and tried one of those as I had a spare, but it would not work using the wiring diagram supplied with it for the Wireless 1.

It took some searching to find the correct wiring but I did get the eye working. I produced a PDF with the types of wiring I discovered via google searches. Please see the attached PDF file and you will see the wiring connections I used that worked for me (it is the one labeled Beomedia 1 connection)

I hope that helps.

Stoobie

Motersen
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Silver Member
Motersen replied on Tue, May 15 2012 4:32 PM

You had to reconfigure the wiring for the wireless 1... Could it be that the ir eye would work unmodified plugged in in the beomedia...? Worth a try...

Wat is the wireless 1...? I will download the diagram... (thanx by the way).... maybe the wireless 1 is also something that would be nice to buy.... what does it do?

regards,

Mat.

Motersen
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Silver Member
Motersen replied on Tue, May 15 2012 4:33 PM

thanx everyone for the support! ;-)

Mat.

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

Hi Mat,

The Wireless 1 (look here) was for a different project, I just happened to have a spare IR eye for that. It is not connected to the Beomedia 1.

The IR eye for the Wireless 1 came with a 5pin Din plug and I had to change it to the correct one that is compatible with the Beomedia (like a headphone plug). I think B&O can supply the correct IR eye for the Beomedia, but with the diagram I attached it gives you the opportunity to buy one from somewhere like ebay.

Stoobie

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS