Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

XML for Generation 3 Apple TV

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Amazone
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 187
Bronze Member
Amazone Posted: Wed, Jan 15 2014 10:51 AM

Hi,

I'm currently working on an XML for the Generation 3 AppleTV, based on the Apple Remote XML that's included with Config Tool 6.00.

I'm almost there know, but two commands are missing from the base XML.

They are:
Press-and-hold-Menu, which should bring you back to the main screen in one step and
Press-and-hold-Select/Go, which should bring up a pop-up, enabling you to enter language and subtitle settings during playback in the Netflix App.

Especially the latter is a pity, since I cannot find another way to enter these settings in Netflix.

I would appreciate very much when somebody could help me with creating the correct IR code for these two commands.

Kind regards,
Joost

BeoVision 11-55, BeoLab 8000, BeoRemote One BT, AppleTV 4, 2x BeoPlay A2, BeoPlay A1

PapaJustify
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 110
Bronze Member

Why do you make your own .xml if there is an Apple TV in Config Tool?

Amazone
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 187
Bronze Member
Amazone replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 3:15 PM

That's because I now have a much more integrated solution.

The Apple Remote in the Config Tool is located under Scenes, and not visible as a separate Product in your Room. And with the Beo6 in Apple Remote mode, I still want to be able to control the Volume from my TV, which is not possible with the original XML, for example.

With my XML, and Beo6 in TV mode, I have an extra button AppleTV, which switches the TV to HDMI1, triggers the Apple TV, and shows a new menu with new hardkeys on the Beo6. But the Volume still triggers the TV. So I can adjust the volume of the music or film I'm playing. And when exiting the Apple TV menu, the TV returns to TV. You can build very nice things with the Beo6.

But also on the original XML, the pres-and-hold actions give no response so my question is still the same...

I am missing the IR for:
Press-and-hold-Menu, which should bring you back to the main screen in one step and
Press-and-hold-Select/Go, which should bring up a pop-up, enabling you to enter language and subtitle settings during playback in the Netflix App.

I would appreciate very much when somebody could help me with creating the correct IR code for these two commands.

BeoVision 11-55, BeoLab 8000, BeoRemote One BT, AppleTV 4, 2x BeoPlay A2, BeoPlay A1

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 4:32 PM

Hi,

Is your TV a BeoVision?

If so, do you control it via PUC?

hfat

Amazone
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 187
Bronze Member
Amazone replied on Wed, Jan 15 2014 8:31 PM

No the tv is not a beovision and I control both TV and AppleTV directly via IR, not via PUC.

Regards,
Joost

Solex
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 103
Bronze Member
Solex replied on Thu, Mar 5 2015 12:04 PM

I have an old Apple TV3 xml file, dated 18-04-2013 and is not working very well. 

I wonder, is there a newer XML-file for ATV3 and if so, can someone sent me this xml?

Thnx.

Beovision 10-46, Beo6, Beosound 5+ Beomaster 5, Beolab 12.2, Beolab 12.3, Beocom 6000

Solex
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 103
Bronze Member
Solex replied on Tue, Mar 24 2015 6:59 PM

Have it, so problem solved

Beovision 10-46, Beo6, Beosound 5+ Beomaster 5, Beolab 12.2, Beolab 12.3, Beocom 6000

Allhassan
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
Allhassan replied on Thu, Mar 15 2018 1:06 PM

Hi 

Can you please send me this XML file for Apple tv 3? 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS