Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 5 - Unboxing and first impression

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

MARKFS
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
MARKFS Posted: Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:05 PM

MARKFS
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
MARKFS replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:10 PM

So, I have just got my new Beosound5 and here is a little review of it.

I did the set up by myself which was not that difficult with some little help from this lovely forum!

It's connected through masterlink to my beovision7 and everything works perfect.

When I press CD on the BEO4 the Tv turns off and the Beosound5 turns on and uses speaker4 instead of 5.

The MOTS took overnight to analyze my music but it is worth the wait.

I have an airport express connected to the BM5 so all the syncing is wireless and done with drag and drop from iTunes. 

shinobi52
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 87
Bronze Member
Good choice! I have the encore and love it !

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder

MARKFS:

So, I have just got my new Beosound5 and here is a little review of it.

I did the set up by myself which was not that difficult with some little help from this lovely forum!

It's connected through masterlink to my beovision7 and everything works perfect.

When I press CD on the BEO4 the Tv turns off and the Beosound5 turns on and uses speaker4 instead of 5.

The MOTS took overnight to analyze my music but it is worth the wait.

I have an airport express connected to the BM5 so all the syncing is wireless and done with drag and drop from iTunes. 

Very nice Mark - thanks for the pictures !

BeoNut since '75

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
Thank you for posting and your photos. I wish you all the success with your beosound 5 with beomaster. Im sure you'll get amazing use out of it, and so great to hear about your controls with your remote and how it's all automated: success

It looks great mounted on the wall. Did you mount it yourself?

Did you go for the black or white?

did it take you long to work out the trick with attaching the stand?
MARKFS
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
MARKFS replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:33 AM

I went for the Black version. 

Yes i mounted it myself, and it took around an hour to figure everything out. 

It's clear that Bang & Olufsen doesn't want the buyer to set things up by our own, as the guides are very limited :)!

I thinking about buying a beo6 for the system. Has anyone tried how that works? 

IngvarW
Not Ranked
Sweden
Posts 38
Bronze Member
IngvarW replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:45 AM

Yes, I have the BEO6 and the WIFI function is OK. You can scroll artists and albums and the cover shows up on the little screen when playing. The WIFI sometimes has to think a little before it wakes up but that could depend on my network. Brgds Ingvar

Current; Beosound 2, BV Horizon 48,  2*BL3, BL11, Beolit 12, Beolit 15, Beoplay P6, Beoplay A9, Beoplay H9i

Earlier; BV 10-46, 2*BL3, BM5/BS5, BS9000, BL8000, BV7-32, MX7000, Beoport, Beocord 8000, MX4002, BL2000, Beocom1, Beotalk1200

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member
MARKFS:

I went for the Black version.

Yes i mounted it myself, and it took around an hour to figure everything out.

It's clear that Bang & Olufsen doesn't want the buyer to set things up by our own, as the guides are very limited :)!

I thinking about buying a beo6 for the system. Has anyone tried how that works?

I agree with you about the guides. Very limited and the drawings are worse than ikea!
Rikard
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 218
Bronze Member
Rikard replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 6:23 AM

We got the Beo6 after using the BS5 for a while. In my opinion the beo6 is neccesary if you want to change music from your couch.. With the beo4 you cant do anything exept hanging source.. 
The only downside with the beo6 is that it is slow, but most b&o are a bit slow..

I also have my bs5 connected to my tv, I use two speaker setup when listening to music. I also used the cd command. My delaer told me to change from cd on the bs5 to a.mem - then the system dont start the tv for listening to music.. 

Step1
Top 75 Contributor
Manchester, UK
Posts 1,268
Bronze Member
Step1 replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 12:17 PM

Nice to see someones new exciting purchase unboxed and set up :-) Congratulations!

Olly

MARKFS
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
MARKFS replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 9:01 PM

Okay, I think I might need to consider buying the beo6, but I'm not sure yet :)

I don't know why you had to change it to a.mem?

I have changed my to CD, and when I press CD on the Beo4, my four speakers turn on. The last one (the center speaker in my beovision 7) stays off, and the TV never turns on?

When I turn on the TV, it shifts to speaker 5, and the TV tilts and turns to its video position. 

You can change which speakers that you want to turn on when you are listening to audio in the Tv menu. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS