Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

What do we think we will see in 2022?

rated by 0 users
This post has 102 Replies | 2 Followers

Curly
Top 200 Contributor
FL, USA
Posts 366
Gold Member
Curly Posted: Tue, Dec 28 2021 3:27 PM

What new products/features do we expect or hope to see in 2022?

Stage mk2 with multi-speaker support

BL17 replacement (Mozart)

BL50 replacement (Mozart)

Mozart software update to allow for speakers such as Level to be used as surrounds with a BeoVision

83" Harmony

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

Raeven
Not Ranked
Posts 61
Bronze Member
Raeven replied on Tue, Dec 28 2021 3:30 PM

a better Spotify itnegration in the core and mozart platforms?

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Dec 28 2021 5:31 PM
Very little I imagine

They’ve had a pretty busy release schedule for the last 2 years after all

That and pandemic issues will slow releasing

Think they said so in their last investor presentation
Frederik
Top 500 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 94
Bronze Member
Frederik replied on Tue, Dec 28 2021 5:55 PM

• An extendable Stage is likely and very exciting. I hope the new Stage can be extended with Mozart speakers rather than the traditional Beolab speakers. This would make more sense to me because people who spent 10 thousand euros on speakers are probably more likely to have a Beovision rather than a Stage anyway. The B&O website recently added a "Soundbars" section, looks like some preparation work is already going on Smile.
  • I would love to see some of the older generation products be updated to the Mozart platform with minimal design changes. I'm thinking in particular of the A9 and Beosound 2, still two of the most beautiful products in the current B&O lineup in my opinion.
  • In terms of software I hope for further refinements and improvements like we have seen this year. More consistency in the app would be nice, now there are odd differences in the configuration pages between various products.
  • B&O Radio is very likely coming to older products. Hopefully with some improvements, like easier sorting of favourite stations etc.
  • My number one feature request would be native Apple Music integration. Not sure how likely this one is, but at least this is slowely rolling out to other products with GVA, so there is hope.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 707
Bronze Member
Curly:

What new products/features do we expect or hope to see in 2022?

Stage mk2 with multi-speaker support

BL17 replacement (Mozart)

BL50 replacement (Mozart)

Mozart software update to allow for speakers such as Level to be used as surrounds with a BeoVision

83" Harmony

Currently: BeoLab 17, BeoLab 18, BeoSound Core, Beosound Level, Beosound A1 2nd Gen, BeoPlay S8 Connection Hub, Halo, Essence Remote

Previously: BeoSound 1 non-GVA

Definitly not a replacement for the 50’s

Some replacement for the 17’s.. could be.

A replacement for the M3 could also be handy.
beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 485
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Tue, Dec 28 2021 6:06 PM
I am concerned that we won’t see that much. My dealer told me that they struggle to deliver some of the new products based on the Mozart platform due to delivery issues.

Ie the Emerge is difficult to deliver as B&O probably prioritise the BL28 over the Emerge.

But I do hope as well.

However. Software improvement should be possible - and I hope some will be made.
mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, Dec 28 2021 7:08 PM

kuyttendaele:

A replacement for the M3 could also be handy.

As far and I understand the current product line, the replacement of the M3 is called Beosound Emerge!

and concerning the 50’s, I also think it’s too early for a replacement. Maybe a mkii will add Mozart to them.

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Tue, Dec 28 2021 7:36 PM

Plus one here that wants an upgrade to the Beosound 2. I would like to have room compensation in the BS2, for instance.

Other than that I think they said there would be 7 new or upgrade releases in 2022. I’m just dying to know more of what those will be :).

My wish, in addition to the BS2 is more options of finishes for the Level. 2 options are just way too few.

At least the Emerge has been said to make a comeback in the spring.

Frederik
Top 500 Contributor
Belgium
Posts 94
Bronze Member
Frederik replied on Tue, Dec 28 2021 7:57 PM

Csaba:

My wish, in addition to the BS2 is more options of finishes for the Level. 2 options are just way too few.

Oh yes, I would love a Level in Bronze and Walnut. But somehow I hope it doesn't come too soon because I just bought with the gold tone Laughing

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Dec 29 2021 8:47 AM

A physically extendable Stage?
Make it as wide as you have room for.

Not that I need one. I don't care about TV at all. It was just an idea.

Martin

swestland
Not Ranked
Netherlands
Posts 73
Gold Member
swestland replied on Wed, Dec 29 2021 9:12 AM

Update to Beovisions to be able to use Level or Balance as speakers for video related content. Not sure if its' going to happen but might be more in the works than to have a Stage Mk2 which could connect to these speakers. 

However Stage is a good volume driver for B&O, so they will be extending this kind of product range in my opinion, so an more expensive stage Mk2 which allows more speakers would be an logical option. But they can't leave current B&O buyers behind. So your $2k stage can connect to a balance speaker and your $20k harmony can't do it. That would be a route B&O is not going to take in my opinion. Or make all connections avalaible no matter what product it is. That would be the way to go. 

- Beovision Eclipse 55 Mk2 - Beolab 19 - Beosound Shape - Oppo UDP-203

Bw789
Not Ranked
Posts 74
Bronze Member
Bw789 replied on Wed, Dec 29 2021 9:58 AM

Hopefully they have some kind of upgrade path to stage MK2 by replacing existing modules with a mozart one, this is one point of many I made during my recent market research call with B&O.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Wed, Dec 29 2021 10:22 AM

More vintage items à la Beogram 4000C reborn would be nice, just for the sake of it.

Jacques

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Wed, Dec 29 2021 12:56 PM

chartz:

More vintage items à la Beogram 4000C reborn would be nice, just for the sake of it.

I think they will do a classics range that only started with the 4000C.

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Wed, Dec 29 2021 1:49 PM

Frederik:

Csaba:

Oh yes, I would love a Level in Bronze and Walnut. But somehow I hope it doesn't come too soon because I just bought with the gold tone Laughing

Apparently it is not only me that would love a bronze + walnut combination :). Just like on the Beolab 18. To make things harder, I hope they’ll also do an anthracite + smoked oak version. Then I’d be in trouble cause I love the anthracite and walnut. And I’ve been resisting the standard options for too long. The problem I have got with the gold tone is that it leans more towards the gold tone or it gets lighter, leaning more towards the oak. But in another lighting it becomes a bit pinkish that is totally off to me. What’s great though is that if you have a stronger feeling about one of two bases (bronze or anthracite, that is), then you could just add the right wood panel later. Only not at this pace. But then again, the Level is still quite new in the range. We’ve heard that anthracite would become a standard option for more products, and I hope it’ll cover the Level too. I have a hunch it is more likely to happen in 2022 than a bronze version. We shall see.

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member
Frederik:

.My number one feature request would be native Apple Music integration.

A very strong ‘+ 1.’
jowus
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 161
Bronze Member
jowus replied on Thu, Dec 30 2021 2:43 AM
My Crazy Idea! How about Recalling BeoSound 9000 III and Replacing One of the CD’s to Video? It Sounds Crazy but that will bring BeoSound 9000 back to life! Mine is sitting in it’s Box for Over 7years i don’t know what to make of it!
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 2,012
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Thu, Dec 30 2021 12:07 PM

jowus:
My Crazy Idea! How about Recalling BeoSound 9000 III and Replacing One of the CD’s to Video? It Sounds Crazy but that will bring BeoSound 9000 back to life! Mine is sitting in it’s Box for Over 7years i don’t know what to make of it!

I was thinking the same thing about updating the Beocenter 2 from DVD to UHD. The Beocenter 2 is the most gorgeous dvd player ever made, but it was very quickly antiquated. Even the dvd quality couldn't measure up to other dvd players.

Justasyou
Not Ranked
Posts 23
Bronze Member
Justasyou replied on Thu, Dec 30 2021 1:35 PM

I hope not but i fear  "the end of Bang&Olufsen " 

Why? 

Terrible after sales (i get better help from a 5 dollar brand)

Even worse products concerning software issues (please read forums regarding EQ new earrhone and the new Beolab 28 speakers ect.

The list goes on and on.

Closing of shops while new ones appear were nobody knows anything about "the old stuff" and have zero feeling with this lovely brand

I know this not what you guys want to hear but it is the hard reality in 2021 so also for 2022

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

All though I am very pessimistic for the general outlook of business for the next 12-24 months, my perceived/imaginary business plan (in lieu of any of real-world B&O data would be:-

1.      Cancel Harmony, cancel Contour

2.      Develop Stage to be WISA/NL/PL/WISA 5.1 compatible or

3.      Develop a direct Almando surround sound competitor. B&O must allow Customer to buy cost effective (and smaller) TV solutions with separate B&O loudspeaker 5.1 sound integration and control product.

4.      On-Ear Headphones. 1 high-end product, 1 low-end product

5.      In Ear Earphones. 1 product (E8 etc)

6.      Cancel Edge, BS1, BS2. Cancel A1, Beolit20, Explore.

7.      Make Balance successor to BS1, BS2 and also make it Beolab loudspeaker compatible (NL/PL/WISA 5.1) or

8.     Develop a new BL3/BL17 solution

9.     Cancel Shape

10.   Beolab90 – currently made to order only

11.   Beolab50 – do same MTOO if not already

12.   Hunker down. Make everything as local as possible. Far East may not be as cheap/reliable as it once was.

13.   Start making Dealers solve problems – B&O Customer support is a little bit better now but we need more skills in peoples lounges fixing problems. Costly yes….but if we don’t, we may never get some of this stuff repaired in the future. i.e. TVs need to be modular so screens, processors and loudspeakers can all be fixed independently.

Csaba
Top 500 Contributor
Oslo, Norway
Posts 216
Bronze Member
Csaba replied on Thu, Dec 30 2021 4:36 PM

Mr 10Percent:

6.      Cancel Edge, BS1, BS2. Cancel A1, Beolit20, Explore.

7.      Make Balance successor to BS1, BS2 and also make it Beolab loudspeaker compatible (NL/PL/WISA 5.1) or

9.     Cancel Shape

Why cancel the Beosoynd 2? Purely based on making the Balance its successor? I have got two Balances but I still want a Beosound 2 for its sound. Why couldn’t the two still coexist? The BS1 I think will be cancelled though.

Also, why cancel the Shape? It is a unique offering in the current portfolio.

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

Csaba:

Why cancel the Beosound 2? Purely based on making the Balance its successor? I have got two Balances but I still want a Beosound 2 for its sound. Why couldn’t the two still coexist? The BS1 I think will be cancelled though.

As indicated, it is my "fantasy" business plan for B&O in 2022.

I firmly believe they need to hunker down and weather what I think will be a nasty financial storm in 2022. Too many products, too few sales - particularly of some of the "older" lines. 

I have no animosity to B&Os product line-up except the play on colours for products and too many similar products. I would prefer the classic home HiFi/TV setup....but it is clear this does not generate sufficient revenues for B&o

I think the key thing in my fantasy plan would be to stop making overly expensive integrated TVs and make a Sound Processor/Controller again than makes use of Beolabs.

Additionally, the Balance is a wasted opportunity as a single unit Beosound. I suppose/guess that with little modification, those units could adequately serve as a great Beolab3/17 front/side/rear loudspeaker system at an reasonable price.

avensis18
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
avensis18 replied on Thu, Dec 30 2021 5:13 PM

I will say a better Spotify itnegration too 

avensis18
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
avensis18 replied on Thu, Dec 30 2021 5:13 PM

avensis18
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
avensis18 replied on Thu, Dec 30 2021 5:14 PM

avensis18
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member

avensis18
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member

avensis18
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member

avensis18
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Dec 30 2021 6:25 PM

Is there is financial storm coming generally, or for B&O specifically?

Be interested as to your reasoning, however brief.

Mr 10Percent:

Csaba:

Why cancel the Beosound 2? Purely based on making the Balance its successor? I have got two Balances but I still want a Beosound 2 for its sound. Why couldn’t the two still coexist? The BS1 I think will be cancelled though.

As indicated, it is my "fantasy" business plan for B&O in 2022.

I firmly believe they need to hunker down and weather what I think will be a nasty financial storm in 2022. Too many products, too few sales - particularly of some of the "older" lines. 

I have no animosity to B&Os product line-up except the play on colours for products and too many similar products. I would prefer the classic home HiFi/TV setup....but it is clear this does not generate sufficient revenues for B&o

I think the key thing in my fantasy plan would be to stop making overly expensive integrated TVs and make a Sound Processor/Controller again than makes use of Beolabs.

Additionally, the Balance is a wasted opportunity as a single unit Beosound. I suppose/guess that with little modification, those units could adequately serve as a great Beolab3/17 front/side/rear loudspeaker system at an reasonable price.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Sandyb:

If someone might be interested in my ‘brief’ reasoning, the answer is ‘no’ and ‘no’!

I trust in the skills of the guys and gals of the company to judge what is best for the business.

There are plenty of decisions and products, that make me think of B&O as not comparable to any other tech/A/V/design company (I know of)…..in a good way.
I might not agree with all the decisions or may have use for all the products they make nowadays - but that is a personal matter……..not something that can make me place a general advice for this or that in this thread

I wish you all and also B&O a happy new year Thumbs Up

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Dec 30 2021 9:17 PM

Indeed, although as I posted on the other similar current thread, there is some nuance.

i.e I dont expect the global economy to suddenly hit an iceberg. Slowdown from this years very fast recovery, but storm is still likely a tail risk event.

As for how that affects B&O (i.e a slowdown), I imagine it may be a modest headwind, but probably not more.

As for trust, who knows - they certainly seem a bit better setup than a few years ago - but I imagine you would have provided the same response 3-4 years ago, after which they had to go to investors for money and strengthen their balance sheet. And that response would was proved to be somewhere between misplaced and wrong. A return to slow incremental global growth may well see more challenging times for B&O, and I wouldnt bet against another capital raise in the next 3-4 years.

Millemissen:

Sandyb:

If someone might be interested in my ‘brief’ reasoning, the answer is ‘no’ and ‘no’!

I trust in the skills of the guys and gals of the company to judge what is best for the business.

There are plenty of decisions and products, that make me think of B&O as not comparable to any other tech/A/V/design company (I know of)…..in a good way.
I might not agree with all the decisions or may have use for all the products they make nowadays - but that is a personal matter……..not something that can make me place a general advice for this or that in this thread

I wish you all and also B&O a happy new year Thumbs Up

MM

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 591
Bronze Member

To All, 

I think B&Os recent tiered business plan is very clear and very well structured. They are making a range of products which will suit "young seedlings" with the Bluetooth offerings and the wealthy with the Harmony and BL90s etc...

Where I see the problem emerging is two fold.

1. I believe there will be a banking crisis on a level the world has not seen before.  Unsustainable debts, Massive money printing. It is a game of run-around musical chairs.....and there are significantly less chairs than people. Think titanic and lifeboats. B&Os problems will come from the Banks. Structurally, every single industry is unsustainable right now.

2. As I forecast this doom and gloom collapse, the young will be struggling to pay rent - never mind the next Bluetooth offering in a new colour and the Wealthy - well I think their portfolios and million dollar debt packages are going to take a massive haircut. 

Apologies in advance for any offence taken.

BeoFrederic
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 276
Gold Member
beojeff:

I was thinking the same thing about updating the Beocenter 2 from DVD to UHD. The Beocenter 2 is the most gorgeous dvd player ever made…

Build a BC 2 with disk player + Mozart and take my money. Cool
seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 999
Bronze Member
BeoFrederic:

Build a BC 2 with disk player + Mozart and take my money.

Absolutely!

Present: BL90, Core, BL6000, CD7000, Beogram 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4, Moment.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
There will be a new stage with optional extra speakers, apro pro achieving surround sound.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Chris Townsend:
There will be a new stage with optional extra speakers, apro pro achieving surround sound.

Nothing official yet….but you seem to know Cool

Anyway - that would be a wise move. 
It would certainly generate more sales ( = money) as implementing Atmos decoding in the Sound Center and making suitable speakers for the height channels….even if some of us would prefer that solution.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Fri, Dec 31 2021 10:09 AM

seethroughyou:
BeoFrederic:

Absolutely!

Sure, with streaming capabilities for Netflix, Disney+,  AppleTV, Spotify, Qobuz, Tidal, Apple Music etc.

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Fri, Dec 31 2021 1:59 PM

seethroughyou:
BeoFrederic:
Absolutely!
In the actual market it would make more sense to re-introduce a record player.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,186
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Dec 31 2021 2:45 PM

What are the banks specifically vulnerable to?

Outside of housing prices?

Mr 10Percent:

To All, 

I think B&Os recent tiered business plan is very clear and very well structured. They are making a range of products which will suit "young seedlings" with the Bluetooth offerings and the wealthy with the Harmony and BL90s etc...

Where I see the problem emerging is two fold.

1. I believe there will be a banking crisis on a level the world has not seen before.  Unsustainable debts, Massive money printing. It is a game of run-around musical chairs.....and there are significantly less chairs than people. Think titanic and lifeboats. B&Os problems will come from the Banks. Structurally, every single industry is unsustainable right now.

2. As I forecast this doom and gloom collapse, the young will be struggling to pay rent - never mind the next Bluetooth offering in a new colour and the Wealthy - well I think their portfolios and million dollar debt packages are going to take a massive haircut. 

Apologies in advance for any offence taken.

Page 1 of 3 (103 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS