Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beosound 9000 Glass Door

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

auric
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
auric Posted: Tue, May 10 2016 8:55 PM

Hi:

I'm wondering if anyone has some advice on how to fix this problem:

My Beosound glass door lifts and then abruptly slams down. The plunger that pushes the door up and down is slipping from the gearbox.

There is a large steel spring clip attached to the gear box that drives the glass door. The plunger which links the door to the gear box slips into the spring clip.

It appears that the plastic guide that lines the inside of the spring clip has worn out and has been slipping between the two plates that form the clip.

I checked the service manual and the plastic guide is part of the entire gear box mechanism. Is there a way to fix this without ordering a new gear box?

Thanks!

Derek

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member
MediaBobNY replied on Tue, May 10 2016 11:50 PM

Once happened to mine.  Here's a link to the forum thread.

auric
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
auric replied on Wed, May 11 2016 1:19 AM

Thank you MediaBobNY!

Did a search for the thread... did not find it. It may be costly however if the whole assembly needs to be purchased!

Derek

auric
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
auric replied on Wed, May 11 2016 1:19 AM

Thank you MediaBobNY!

Did a search for the thread... did not find it. It may be costly however if the whole assembly needs to be purchased!

Derek

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

The word 'here' was a hotlink to this:

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/t/10243.aspx

auric
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
auric replied on Wed, May 11 2016 10:00 PM

Yes...sorry meant to say before asking the question... I tried searching for a thread on the topic and missed the one you referenced, so many thanks for that.

It appears the whole gearbox assembly needs to be replaced. The individual part is no longer available.

Has anyone found a cheaper solution? The gearbox is pretty expensive to replace.

Derek

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

Cheaper solution?  Mount it vertically - either on its floor stand or on the wall.  Gravity won't play a role and the door will work fine.

marexy
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 710
Bronze Member
marexy replied on Fri, May 13 2016 6:44 AM

I have the same problem.
Currently servicing the for my customer MK1.
Some idiot in front of me repaired BS9000.
He did more damage than good.

Do not take B&O electronics to all purpose repair man.

In these case just CD laser has to be replaced.

He menage to do 500€  damage.

I will simply drilled a hole and insert a ( 2mm pin with round ends )  into the hole.

auric
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 90
Bronze Member
auric replied on Sat, May 14 2016 8:13 PM

There might be one potential problem with this fix.

If you put a pin in, then you will never be able to manually release the glass lid.

The issue here is if the belt in the gear box breaks, or loosens, which it does over time,  or if the for some reason the gearbox stops working you may not be able to get back into the machine. The top lid of the unit requires the glass to be off in order to get to all of the screws.

If the glass lid is somehow stuck in the closed position won't be able to open the unit.

The only fix at this time might be to somehow 3d print the replacement plastic inserts.

Derek

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS