Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolit 12 review in MacUser

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey Posted: Sat, Apr 28 2012 10:48 AM

There's a superb Beolit 12 review in the latest MacUser. One of the best reviews I've seen for B&O kit in a mainstream consumer magazine. Should appear on www.macuser.co.uk in the near future.

Anyway, was given 4/5 stars and "Editor's Choice" award. They knock it for how you have to configure with your wi-fi network (other devices do it better), but praise it very highly for the sound quality. They put it up there with the best of the best and couldn't rate it more highly for such a device.

And zero mention about it being made in China. Told you that only we care about this.

In the current issue there's also a feature on streaming audio around the home, making it a very compelling read :)

DoubleU
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 562
Bronze Member
DoubleU replied on Sat, Apr 28 2012 5:39 PM

Sounds to me this review is very biased. Not that the Beolit12 is that bad, not at all, but there is still more headroom for better performance. I wonder how they will rate the Beoplay A8. Cool

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
Saw a demo of the Beolit 12 at Harrodsburg the other day. The shop floor was huge, it had a very large B&O corner, a large Loewe corner and more luxury brands. Music was playing loud and was filling the whole floor.

It is only when I go close to the Beolit that I realised the music was coming from this tiny box. Very impressed! And typical B&O sound as well.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 9:28 PM

Hi Guys,

I've just had the pleasure to listen to the BeoLit 12 today.  I took my best friend with me who is new to the brand and of course, crazy about his iPhone and Apple products.

I must say that we were pretty bowled over with the sound from such a tiny box. Plenty of decent bass with a nice crisp treble and none of the compressed sound that I was expecting.  I actually coped remarkably well with my drum 'n' bass soundtrack!  Very very impressed! Perfect for the ladies!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS