Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

What other forums do you visit?

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 812
Gold Member
The Beonic Man Posted: Fri, Apr 11 2014 9:36 AM

Well, as the thread title says really!

I often visit the Rolex Forums website and am quite sure I have seen one or two of you chaps their! Either that or someone else has your usernames!

Was a regular visitor and contributer at vintage golf forums too as I used to collect antique golf balls up until my mid 30s when I sold my whole collection off. Great memories of jumping in ponds as a youngster retrieving golfer's lost balls, cleaning them up and selling back to the golfers! That's where it all started. I became fascinated with the development of the golf ball - which, for any golfers out there - is what led to the development of the golf club, not the other way round as many assume! 

Just wondered what other people's passions and hobbies are, or have been, aside from B&O?

All the best,
Simon. 

B&O products are V1-32, BS2, H95, E8 and an Essence remote.
11-46 now replaced with Sony A90J 65”, Sony HT-A9, Sony UBP-X800M2 and Sony SRS-NS7.

Anders Jørgensen
Top 200 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 350
Bronze Member

Quite a few:

http://lilhonda.com/webboard/forum.php

I am a total Honda Dax/CT70 guy since early '90s or so

http://www.hifi4all.dk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66882&PN=1

My tread which I started back in 2008 still going strong but old school B&O.

http://knallertforum.dk/forum/viewforum.php?f=87

Mostly the current state of Danish Yamaha FS1 mopeds which is somewhat interesting though I can't seem to ever want one again and the 2 I had in '90s were only a brief period. Besides I am not that  interested in mopeds though but I have had around 16 so far.

http://jacksonguitarpalace.com/forum/index.php

I am a guitarist and owend my US custom shop Jackson since new. I put the order in and got it in january 1997. RR2772 which is the 2772 produced since number 1 in 1982/3.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forum.php

The US Jackson forum

http://www.tapeheads.net/forums.php

Mostly for the interest in cassette tapes but it also contains hifi and a little B&O but not much. A US forum.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 4:15 PM

I had recognized you Anderz, back in the old - now archived - forum! Your white B&O gave you away.

I quite like the Danish forum but I must have it translated most of the time.

Tapeheads too, Audiokarma, UK Vintage Radio...

Jacques

Stonk
Top 50 Contributor
Marlow, Bucks, UK
Posts 2,070
Bronze Member
Stonk replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 4:38 PM

I don't spend much time on forums these days but I quite enjoy a little known motoring forum called car4play. Particularly the non motoring section for it's randomness.

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

kimchr
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 170
Bronze Member
kimchr replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 6:49 PM

I visit hifishark.com regularly. Not only for it's forum but actually primarily for the search engine searching relevant sites for preowned B&O.

Typically these days I search for 

Beolab 9

Beolab 5

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Fri, Apr 11 2014 7:06 PM

What.cd. 

For everthing on cd!

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Fri, Apr 18 2014 6:12 PM

I'm a tapeheads.net member as well (Sfwg46), but not particularly active there unless I have an issue with a non-B&O cassette deck.  (I have a top Aiwa and 2 Naks.)  Some of the members there reach the level of helpfulness we get from Martin here.  Others can be just foul human beings at times.

I also look at boardgamegeek.com most days.  Collecting vintage board games is a bit cheaper than collecting vintage (working) B&O.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Apr 19 2014 6:34 AM

There are other forums ?

Devil

My other digital reading is news or rumours related:

NY Times, Wall Street Journal, The Times, MacRumors, SlashDot, Ars Technica 

BeoNut since '75

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Sat, Apr 19 2014 12:33 PM

A forum for the make of Italian  car I own . Very similar collection of those who buy new and those who are into used . And some who like used who don't like the new stuff yet! 

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Apr 22 2014 8:16 PM

elephant:

There are other forums ?

Devil

My other digital reading is news or rumours related:

NY Times, Wall Street Journal, The Times, MacRumors, SlashDot, Ars Technica 

To contradict myself - not that it is quite a forum - DPReview ... and from this site tonight: LeicaRumours

BeoNut since '75

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 6:57 AM

Rich:

I'm a tapeheads.net member as well (Sfwg46), but not particularly active there unless I have an issue with a non-B&O cassette deck.  (I have a top Aiwa and 2 Naks.)  Some of the members there reach the level of helpfulness we get from Martin here.  Others can be just foul human beings at times.

I also look at boardgamegeek.com most days.  Collecting vintage board games is a bit cheaper than collecting vintage (working) B&O.

Just for intrest. What Aiwa?

blah-blah and photographs as needed

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

I am a lot on http://www.builditsolar.com/index.htm nowadays, nearly finished my solar hot water system, later to be extended for space heating, for the cold Mexican winters. Tapeheads very little, but will be more when I start rebuilding my BC 2000 RtoR. Hifi4all because I am Danish. And I have started a page on FB https://www.facebook.com/ambassadepoelser

But this one is my favorite

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

https://www.hooters.com/Home/Default.aspx   Embarrassed

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member
Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 5:50 PM

Orava:

Rich:

Just for intrest. What Aiwa?

AD-F880 that was modified by "perry" of Tapeheads following "A.N.T.'s" protocols.

Orava
Top 100 Contributor
Finland
Posts 991
Bronze Member
Orava replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 6:24 PM

Rich:

AD-F880 that was modified by "perry" of Tapeheads following "A.N.T.'s" protocols.

Ah, those new ones... I had picture one of 70es model in my mind...

blah-blah and photographs as needed

h1npw
Top 75 Contributor
West Bridgford, Nottingham.
Posts 1,130
Bronze Member
h1npw replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 6:45 PM

Having recently purchased one of these Coupe, I regularly visit here club

Italian design, Italian build, French mechanics - recipe for disaster! Have just spent 150% of what I paid for it getting it up to standard... Hopefully will get a couple of years enjoyable motoring out of it 

Very helpful and friendly just like the other forum I visit every now and again.....

Cheers

Nigel

Søren Hammer
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 953
Bronze Member

When on audio related stuff: Hifi4all.dk, Tapeheads, Audiokarma (Where I stumble upon a couple of B&O lovers from time to time.)

I play the guitar and bass and use these: 4sound.dk, Harmonycentral, Fender's own guitar forum, Rig-talk (also studio related) and Gearslutz.

Film photography has recently started to become a pastime for me. the Analog Photographer Users Group (APUG.org) is my home. On scanning negatives and slides, I'm using the sister site called DPUG. There's a thread in the misc. section of the Bodybuilding.com forum with photographers sharing pictures, tips and general gear talk.

Vinyl records, cassettes, open reel, valve amplifiers and film photography.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, Apr 23 2014 9:22 PM

Søren Hammer:

When on audio related stuff: Hifi4all.dk, Tapeheads, Audiokarma (Where I stumble upon a couple of B&O lovers from time to time.)

I play the guitar and bass and use these: 4sound.dk, Harmonycentral, Fender's own guitar forum, Rig-talk (also studio related) and Gearslutz.

Film photography has recently started to become a pastime for me. the Analog Photographer Users Group (APUG.org) is my home. On scanning negatives and slides, I'm using the sister site called DPUG. There's a thread in the misc. section of the Bodybuilding.com forum with photographers sharing pictures, tips and general gear talk.

And you find time for your studies?  Stick out tongue

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS