Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BV10 46 and apple tv3 1080p

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

farfar
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
farfar Posted: Sat, Apr 28 2012 11:37 PM

Hi there,

I own a bv 10 and just bought a apple tv3. i wouæd like to control the apple tv with my beo4, and have allready pulled the puc cable from tv to apple tv. But how do i code the tv, is it a xml file, and how do i do and where is the instructions avout the apple tv codes. Can anybody help with this process, because i would like to do it myself ?

Regards

Jørgen

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 8:05 AM

Sadly I don't know (although I'd also be interested in the same solution).

However, at the moment, I simply use my iPhone or iPad to control the Apple TV. I can imagine it's a more easy and elegant solution, particularly for using the keyboard. Also, sometimes I notice my Beo4 doesn't turn on my Apple TV and only the Remote app on my iPhone takes it out of sleep mode.

Must admit, impressed with the picture quality of 1080p video through my Apple TV/BV10-46.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 11:06 AM

farfar:
i wouæd like to control the apple tv with my beo4, and have allready pulled the puc cable from tv to apple tv

you need to associate the IR port you have cabled with the AV port that the ATV is associated with ... and select "Apple Remote" from your PUC list.  If "Apple Remote" is not already on the list that's your problem.  You probably need to get a dealer to add that definition to the BV10

BeoNut since '75

farfar
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
farfar replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 1:33 PM

Hi moxxey,

yes i have a iPhone too, and know that is can control the atv. Did you have a dealer to configure the BV10 to control the atv, or was it possible to select atv in the put list ?

farfar
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
farfar replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 1:37 PM

Ok, i could not find the atv in the puc list, though i could not find any remote, maybe i am doing something wrong. Is there a guide for added the atv from the put list, maybe i am missing something. I do know that a dealer could do the trick but i rather do it myself.  

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 3:07 PM
Ok, did you allready register the atv to a connector and source in the connections

Hfat
farfar
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
farfar replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 3:33 PM

Hi Hfat,

Yes, it is connected to V.MEM HDMI B terminal. Under connections i don't see any atv puc options.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 5:47 PM

farfar:

Hi Hfat,

Yes, it is connected to V.MEM HDMI B terminal. Under connections i don't see any atv puc options.

Did you associate an IR port with that connection ?

Did you get prompted for what PUC to use with that connection ?

Usually the "Apple Remote" PUC is under the list of "STB" (Set Top Box) PUCs and is called "Apple Remote"

What that PUC will emulate is the silver remote that came in the ATV box

The silver remote's (MENU) button will equal the Beo4's [EXIT] button

BeoNut since '75

farfar
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
farfar replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 6:38 PM

There were two options: IR or Plug, I choose IR

No I just choose PUC1, because cable is plugged there

Usually the "Apple Remote" PUC is under the list of "STB" (Set Top Box) PUCs and is called "Apple Remote" 

When I use << >> I only see "B&O Test-Box" NO APPLE TV. Im I missing something or does the tv has to be coded with that option. It is a BV10-46 from August this year, the one with 3 HDMI connections.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 10:18 PM

farfar:

There were two options: IR or Plug, I choose IR

you made the correct choice

farfar:

No I just choose PUC1, because cable is plugged there

that is logical

farfar:

When I use << >> I only see "B&O Test-Box" NO APPLE TV. Im I missing something or does the tv has to be coded with that option. It is a BV10-46 from August this year, the one with 3 HDMI connections.

So you cycled through the classes of PUC ("other", "stb", "dvd", "vmem" (VCRs)) and found no reference to "Apple Remote", and only saw "B&O Text-Box"

Sad

Sounds like your BV10 was not loaded with any PUCs which is unusual (for Australia)

In Australia they load the standard cable STBs  (e.g. SKY) and also the "Apple Remore" you need

I suggest you wring your dealer

It does sound like they never loaded anything - I am assuming the "B&O test-box" is something the factory uses

BeoNut since '75

farfar
Not Ranked
Posts 13
Bronze Member
farfar replied on Tue, May 1 2012 8:46 AM

Hey again,

You are right, i telephoned the dealer and he said that in DK, NO new BV10 is preconfigured with PUC units. And therefor they have to come by and configure all the devices i want to control.

anyways thanks for trying helping :-)

Regards

Jørgen

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, May 1 2012 10:22 AM

farfar:

You are right, i telephoned the dealer and he said that in DK, NO new BV10 is preconfigured with PUC units. And therefor they have to come by and configure all the devices i want to control.

Yeah, that's a recent change. My BV10-46, which was delivered end of December, also shipped with no PUCs installed. The installer adds the PUCs required for the customer (most likely to reduce options or to stop the customer from selecting the wrong PUC). My first installer added the wrong Sky PUC which resulted in previous key combos switching off the Sky box!

seheiste
Not Ranked
Posts 18
Bronze Member
seheiste replied on Tue, May 1 2012 10:32 AM
farfar:

Hey again,

anyways thanks for trying helping :-)

Regards

Jørgen

The dealer has to come by to load PUC codes? Hello, it's the year 2012, have you heard about Internet B&O? I have a BV3-32 it has to be updated by the dealer which I understand but nothing has happened since then. Same thing with remote control programming. No new B&O stuff for me before software distribution is solved.

/Heinz

Yendys
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 312
Founder
Yendys replied on Tue, May 1 2012 10:49 AM
You know they should really develop the ability for the PUCs to be downloaded and updated by owners and not have to book and pay for a home visit. It's a royal pain!
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, May 1 2012 11:11 AM

Yendys:
You know they should really develop the ability for the PUCs to be downloaded and updated by owners and not have to book and pay for a home visit. It's a royal pain!

And they get it wrong (in my case) and end up having to visit twice, which costs the dealer time and money. In total, I've had an engineer three times since I received the BV10-46. Twice for PUC issues, once as the link room TV was putting the Sky box in to standby mode (a separate issue).

Yendys
Top 500 Contributor
Sydney
Posts 312
Founder
Yendys replied on Tue, May 1 2012 11:28 AM
moxxey:

And they get it wrong (in my case) and end up having to visit twice, which costs the dealer time and money. In total, I've had an engineer three times since I received the BV10-46. Twice for PUC issues, once as the link room TV was putting the Sky box in to standby mode (a separate issue).

Totally I had similar issues with my Avant and gave up trying to get a recommended STB working after countless visits from service. And still nervous to get full integration with my BV10 attached STBs. A little disappointing...
Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS