Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

How to connect a projector to BC2 and BV8 40"

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

paddy2042
Top 500 Contributor
Newtown NSW Australia
Posts 210
Founder
paddy2042 Posted: Sun, Apr 29 2012 11:01 AM

I want to buy a projector to connect to my system but am not sure if it will connect. I have BC2 connected to a BV8 and BL8000's. What do I connect the projector to, the BC2 socket box or the BV8? I want to be able to watch both TV from the BV8 tuner and DVD's from the BC2. I also have a Mac mini connected to the BV8 on which I use EyeTV to record programmes to play back. I would also like to be able to view these on the projector. Also am I going to be able to use the BV8's tuner and blank the screen while using the projector, as I want to project onto the wall above the TV.

Anyone any ideas?

Patrick

paddy2042
Top 500 Contributor
Newtown NSW Australia
Posts 210
Founder
paddy2042 replied on Fri, May 4 2012 12:28 AM

I am guessing that there is no answer to my question and that it can't be done. This is the problem with electronic equipment that is out of date almost as soom as you buy it.

I may have to retire my B&O to another room and buy another brand. I think with the advances being made in this area I am better buying cheaper and replacing it in the short term when necessary.

Patrick

paddy2042
Top 500 Contributor
Newtown NSW Australia
Posts 210
Founder
paddy2042 replied on Wed, May 16 2012 2:50 AM

I am wondering why I have not received any replies to my post.

Is is because no-one has any experiece with this subject (which I find hard to believe) or they simply connect a projector to non B&O equipment?

I look forward to some comment.

Patrick

Bieele
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 395
Bronze Member
Bieele replied on Wed, May 16 2012 7:30 PM

Hi Patrick,

I have a projector connected in a BV8 setup.

The way I have done this is to use a Gefen HDMI splitter. This splitter has 4 inputs and 2 (mirrored) outputs. On the input side I have connected a PS3, AppleTV and digital TV tuner; one output to the BV8 and one output to the projector.

Works nicely; also nice the the PUC controlled can control the splitter, this makes this a nicely integrated solution.

Regards,

Bieele

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS