Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Cannot write blogs cannot upload pics

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member
Søren Mexico Posted: Sun, Apr 29 2012 9:29 PM

When trying to write a blog, I can write the Subject or head line, but can't write in the text pane.

When trying to post pics from files, I can only post from my first 10 files, the rest does not show in the pop up window.

And still we cant see pics in the old forum, slowly I get tired of this new forum and the way it does or does not work. Its very time consuming to write long threads with photos, using the uploaded pics is a lot slower than just make 1 (one) reply and 1 pic, and onto the next one.

One can use 1 pic replies for a normal thread, but not when writing blogs or wikies.

I will rest from publishing until a change may occur.

The interesting threads we had in the old forum, nearly new ones every day, are all history, today we are lucky to get a repair thread once a week, Conclusion THIS FORUM IS LOOSING MEMBERS, and the old guard does not post anymore

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Apr 29 2012 11:02 PM

Søren Mexico:
The interesting threads we had in the old forum, nearly new ones every day, are all history, today we are lucky to get a repair thread once a week, Conclusion THIS FORUM IS LOOSING MEMBERS, and the old guard does not post anymore

my gut feeling was that the "repairers" had survived the transition and were healthy ... and that it was the "generalists" that were struggling

it seems the forums have only started to come to life again because the BeoPlay TV is imminent Laughing

I only ever wrote one blog as a test, so I can't give any advice -- sorry Sad

BeoNut since '75

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

elephant:
I only ever wrote one blog as a test, so I can't give any advice -- sorry Sad

Just couldn't leave it there, I'm a slow never give up type Laughing

I can open a blog, write the head line, but cant write in the text pane, I made as you see a wiki for posting pics, new members dont know how, and they will have to search a lot to find a faq that tells them how, its very nice to have a welcome for all new members but a useable faq would be better, its a frigging disaster that you have to "get used to" the forum for 10 hours before you can find anything.

BTW, it took me 1 hour to prepare the pics, and 5 hours to try making a blog, and then the wiki where there are still missing one page.

Here is the help I had

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 9:04 AM

Søren Mexico:
I made as you see a wiki for posting pics, new members dont know how, and they will have to search a lot to find a faq that tells them how,

I took a look at the wiki section - nice work; and I did not realise how much people have been donating - I better think about making a contribution too !

BeoNut since '75

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 1:08 PM

I'm afraid, I must agree. I am not particularly fond of this forum either.
Well, to be honest, I think it's about the worst thing that ever happened to Beoworld and
I have almost completely lost interest myself.

Martin

ouverture
Top 500 Contributor
London
Posts 263
Bronze Member
ouverture replied on Fri, May 18 2012 7:25 PM

I agree, a terrible move IMHO, perhaps it was done on purpose for some reason 

sometimes change is good, sometimes it is better to leave a good thing alone ! 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, May 19 2012 8:33 AM

ouverture:

...sometimes it is better to leave a good thing alone ! 

I agree but in this case, the old forum was no longer good.
Unfortunately, this new forum fails too and many of our 'old' and valuable high posters have left.  Sad

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS