Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 8002

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

David
Not Ranked
Canada
Posts 3
Bronze Member
David Posted: Tue, May 20 2014 6:44 PM

Picked up a Beogram 8002 a while back and did many of the things suggested in this forum and everything is great except for one last problem....the tonearm will not drop down onto the record! All other functions now appear to be working but this is a kind of important one so any suggestions on what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, May 20 2014 8:12 PM

There can be many reasons;
Bad adjusting of the front panel buttons, dirt or dried lubrication on the threaded shaft, wrong or worn servo motor belt etc.
Is the < marker lit on the sensorarm when it hovers over the record ?

Martin

David
Not Ranked
Canada
Posts 3
Bronze Member
David replied on Fri, May 1 2015 2:22 PM

It's now a year later & there are more problems with this unit. First let me explain that I am not a technician, rather I am relieing on one to try to make this table work again. I sold B & O in the eighties and loved it so when I had a chance to buy this turntable I jumped at it. I still work in a stereo store & it's our technician who is trying to fix this in his down time. Now the turntable spins at an extreamly fast speed & cannot be controlled. The tonearm will not go down on the record, the << & >> controls function, the speed indicator shows 33 or 45 but just spins out of control. My technician has resoldered everything & replaced a bunch of caps. He is thinking it's a micro processor issue but not sure. Do you have any suggestions he could try as I'd really like to get this running again. I can put him directly in touch with you if that is better as I am not a tech. I appreciate any advice you could supply.

Thanks in advance.

David

Lee
Top 150 Contributor
Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Posts 734
Bronze Member
Lee replied on Mon, May 4 2015 11:30 AM
Check the optical sensor and the optical disc under the platter.
Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, May 4 2015 2:16 PM

- and solder joints in general.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS