Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BS5e; sort of NOT "stand alone"

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa Posted: Mon, Apr 30 2012 8:47 PM

I changed my B&o Link setup. Now the BS5e is a sort of local source for music.

My setup:

Main: BV7 & BS5 masters: BS5 option 0; sources N.Music changed to A.Mem, N.Radio to Radio

Local: Beoport option 6; Main PC no; Default source PC fully wired powerlink to BL5000

Local same room: BS5e powerlink connected to BL5000 (only Li, Re, earth)

Start Windows PC - Beoport PC starts - start the BS5e - you get the music of the BS5e. N.Music/N.Radio are local PC sources

Start A.Mem/Radio on the Windows PC the music of the BS5 is playing. The Beo6 gives access to the BS5 collection

Next thing to explore: switch of the BS5 completely. Change the settings of the Beoport (option 2; main PC; default source PC). then I expect that the BS5e can be heard on the BV7 if PC is selected as source.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
I was astonished to see the Beosound 5 encore presented in the same room as a Beovision 10 in the last catalogue.

I wonder if this is a possible setup ???

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

mbee
Top 75 Contributor
Paris, France
Posts 1,842
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 10:45 PM

I've seen somewhere here that people were connecting the power link out of the Encore to one power link out (front) of a bv. As long as both systems are not ON at the same time, it's said to work (bs5e controlling beolabs on/off and volume in speaker 2). Hope the BeoNet converter comes soon to avoid that kind of tricks.

Magnus
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 331
Gold Member
Magnus replied on Mon, Apr 30 2012 11:25 PM

PhilLondon:
I was astonished to see the Beosound 5 encore presented in the same room as a Beovision 10 in the last catalogue.

I wonder if this is a possible setup ???

Sure, just don't connect the Beovision to the speakers! Wink Guessing it was just the designers/photographers that got a little over-excited.

mbee:
I've seen somewhere here that people were connecting the power link out of the Encore to one power link out (front) of a bv. As long as both systems are not ON at the same time, it's said to work (bs5e controlling beolabs on/off and volume in speaker 2). Hope the BeoNet converter comes soon to avoid that kind of tricks.

THIS would be a better way of doing that, I guess... Anybody tried it?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS