Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 4000!

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

ruskiantonov
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member
ruskiantonov Posted: Fri, Jun 6 2014 3:39 AM

Hi! SO EXCITED!!! Found a Beogram 4000 in Frankfurt on German ebay, it was a local pickup and its taken me months to finally get it. My girlfriend just brought it back about 1 hour ago. Its absolutely stunning, such a beautiful piece of design. 

Very hesitant to plug it in as I'm nervous about the voltage. Already switched it to 110 on the bottom for the US circuit but still want to consult you guys here before plugging it in.

Any tips or general advice on maintenance on these things? It looks to be in pristine condition and I was told it plays flawlessly.

Currently I have a McIntosh MA230 hooked up to some Scandyna A 25's, however I think I want to pair this thing to something that compliments the Beogram 4000. Anyone know what this thing was intended to be hooked up to when it came out? Is it the Beomaster 3000? What speakers? (I might just keep the A25's as they match the aesthetic quiet nicely and are superb speakers).

Any and all input is greatly appreciated. Thanks you! 

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 6:57 AM

Replace the mains fuse according to the service manual
and move the strobo mirror.

Martin

ruskiantonov
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member

Downloaded the service manual from beophile and did a bit of research. The strobo mirrors seem fine, ie in the right place (when looking through the top window), so I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'moving' them?

Also what is the mains fuse...? is that the main fuse to the outlet? Could you direct me to it in the service manual?

I really want to plug it in, is it safe as long as I have switched the bottom dial to 110 volt? 

ruskiantonov
Not Ranked
Posts 16
Bronze Member

also just noticed that the bottom power dial does not have a 120 volt, which is what we use in the US. Should I be setting it to 110 or 130, as those are the only close alternatives?

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Jun 6 2014 6:20 PM

Being a Beogram 4000 I would set it to 130V, thereby slightly underrunning the internal
power regulators, they are not too generously designed.

Don't get me wrong, but if you don't know where to find the mains fuse, in the service and/or in the Beogram
you are not the right person to do the job.
I say this in the best of intentions, with the safety of both you and your Beogram in mind!

Remember Ohms law: To get the same effect, if you half the voltage, you must double the current.

Martin

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS