Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

beovox S45-2 speakers help

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

optsant
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
optsant Posted: Wed, Jun 11 2014 6:04 PM

Hello , i,m new to this site and i would be grateful if anybody could help me, i want to connect my beovox s45-2 speakers to my sansui amplifier, but the cable is a 2 pin connector, do i cut the cable and if so which wire is positive and which is negitive, Any help would be great.

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Wed, Jun 11 2014 6:47 PM

You will regret cutting the DIN connectors off if you ever come to sell the speakers. Get some DIN to phono adapters (even if you have to cut the phono plugs off if you need bare wire connections). DIN speaker extension leads could also be cut in preference to cutting the speaker connected wires.

Steve at Sounds Heavenly can probably help.

Graham

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

If it's this type of DIN connector just open it up and unscrew the wires.   And the wires should be marked in some way to assure proper phasing.

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Wed, Jun 11 2014 10:35 PM

If your cable is a molded type don't cut it. These type of cables are quite rare. As an alternative you could by a female 2 pole din plug and solder or screw a 2-core cable 1 or 1.5mm2 to this plug. At the other end you can connect the bare wires to your receiver. 2 Pole din plug, Round pin plus, flat pin minus.

Brengen & Ophalen

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Thu, Jun 12 2014 12:01 AM

Yes, if you have B&O speaker cables with the nice rectangular molded connectors (usually gray), don't cut them.  You can easily get a 2-pin female DIN connector and make an adapter for your amplifier connection.

I'll even make you a set of cables in trade for your gray, molded connector cables (if that is what you have) :)

-sonavor

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS