Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

b&o placement in TV Show Fargo

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

bwaje
Not Ranked
Posts 32
Bronze Member

Billy Bob Thornton playing a mafia guy in the TV show "Fargo", based on Coen bros. movie.

Just behind him, a tangential beogram, what looks like a bombaster 6000 and another CD beogram (?)

bwaje
Not Ranked
Posts 32
Bronze Member

The complete set. This very good and funny TV show is depicting events from 2006.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Thu, Jun 12 2014 6:50 PM

bwaje:
Just behind him, a tangential beogram, what looks like a bombaster 6000 and another CD beogram (?)

The unit on the right is actually a Beocord 800?, and on the left some 1900-series Beomaster (and of course a Beovox). So that would be a complete (although a bit mixed) vintage setup!

Nice find, thanks for posting Smile

--mika

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Jun 12 2014 9:40 PM

bwaje:
This very good and funny TV show is depicting events from 2006.

I enjoy the show - however I have researched the "This is a TRUE story" tag, and it is totally false (if you believe Wikipedia is true Big Smile)

I suspect the scene is in the latest episode ? as I did not spot it myself !!

However I did spot the B&O equipment in an Audio with Beosound 5 and Beolab 5 placements advert when I was flying on an Emir]e's A380.  

BeoNut since '75

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Fri, Jun 13 2014 6:28 PM

tournedos:

bwaje:

The unit on the right is actually a Beocord 800?, and on the left some 1900-series Beomaster (and of course a Beovox). So that would be a complete (although a bit mixed) vintage setup!

Nice find, thanks for posting Smile

I could recreate that look!  Too bad I hate my Beocord 8004.

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Fri, Jun 13 2014 7:17 PM

Fargo makes great television. I am guessing that this scene will be in the UK programme showing this coming Sunday.

Graham

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 12:18 AM
We have been watching an Australian series called "Old School". Despite starring Bryan Brown and Sam Neill. Regrettably it is not good TV.

However in last night's episode the scene shifted to the young handsome Italian crim's palatial home with views of Sydney and it's harbour- and so I said to my wife "it's spot the B&O time" Smile

And sure enough a few minutes later into the seduction scene he strolls over to an Overture for some soft jazz

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Jun 14 2014 4:35 AM
vikinger:

Fargo makes great television. I am guessing that this scene will be in the UK programme showing this coming Sunday.

Graham

Turns out that this week's AU episode does not contain this scene !!!

BeoNut since '75

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 12:32 AM

Rich:

You hate your BC 8004..? Why..???

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 8:28 AM

The Jensen gear never goes out of date.

bwaje
Not Ranked
Posts 32
Bronze Member
bwaje replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 3:00 PM

<nospoil>Hello, it's from episode 09, if you like this show, you will probably laugh a lot of the dramatic situation </nospoil>

bwaje
Not Ranked
Posts 32
Bronze Member
bwaje replied on Sun, Jun 15 2014 3:00 PM

Apart from Fargo, the danish TV series (like Bron/Broen) and others are quite always displaying b&o equipment, most of the time TV sets.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Mon, Jun 16 2014 5:59 PM

Steffen:

Rich:

You hate your BC 8004..? Why..???

It's been serviced by a pro, yet it turned out to be a waste of money.  I have 5 decks that play back prerecorded tapes better, and 3 decks that make better recordings.  I just have a bad attitude toward it, I guess.  I really thought it would be a better deck.

Steffen
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 1,408
Bronze Member
Steffen replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 12:39 AM

Rich:

It's been serviced by a pro, yet it turned out to be a waste of money.  I have 5 decks that play back prerecorded tapes better, and 3 decks that make better recordings.  I just have a bad attitude toward it, I guess.  I really thought it would be a better deck.

I hate to bring you the bad news: Something is wrong with your 8004...

The 8004 was one of the best tapedecks B&O ever made... I have reviews from hifi magazines back then, where the conclusion was, that it was hard to tell the difference from the original vinyl Record to the tape recording. It was only surpassed by the Beocord 9000 and a few others, like the Nakamichi Dragon (that cost twice as much as the BC 9000 ).

I bought a BC 8004 when it was released in the early 80's - and I can tell you, it was excellent sound quality. Today it is not quite as good (well -who would expect that after 30 years...). But I'm sure it could be with some new caps, belts and some adjustment.

There are pro's -and there are pro's... 😉
Did your pro tell you what he did to it? Did he change components - or did he only adjust a little..?

You only have to do a little research here on Beoworld to find positive words on the top range of Beocords -including the 8004.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, Jun 18 2014 5:51 PM

Steffen:

Rich:

I hate to bring you the bad news: Something is wrong with your 8004...

The 8004 was one of the best tapedecks B&O ever made... I have reviews from hifi magazines back then, where the conclusion was, that it was hard to tell the difference from the original vinyl Record to the tape recording. It was only surpassed by the Beocord 9000 and a few others, like the Nakamichi Dragon (that cost twice as much as the BC 9000 ).

I bought a BC 8004 when it was released in the early 80's - and I can tell you, it was excellent sound quality. Today it is not quite as good (well -who would expect that after 30 years...). But I'm sure it could be with some new caps, belts and some adjustment.

There are pro's -and there are pro's... 😉
Did your pro tell you what he did to it? Did he change components - or did he only adjust a little..?

You only have to do a little research here on Beoworld to find positive words on the top range of Beocords -including the 8004.

I don't want to hijack the thread any more than I already have.  Let's just say that anyone who knows me here knows who serviced the deck.

Wouter
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 302
Bronze Member
Wouter replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 7:42 PM

I was just watching suits (on my apple Confused ) I saw a pair of beolab 18's, a pair of beolab 5's and I believe a pair of beolab 6002's (wall mounted in the second picture). Is b&o paying for this product placement? I'm not sure, it would be a smart move to appeal to young, high educated  people.

Wouter

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Mon, Jul 28 2014 9:46 PM
These days product placement is a revenue source so I am sure B&O pay their dues

On the 2012 Stuer Factory visit Jetta entertained us with out-takes of the many shows & movies B&O has been in ... over the decades

BeoNut since '75

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Even in the latest Audi ad here in Australia features BL5's

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member