Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

On the official website, new B&O BeoPlay TV V1

rated by 0 users
This post has 41 Replies | 2 Followers

Robert
Top 500 Contributor
Holland
Posts 204
Bronze Member
Robert Posted: Wed, May 2 2012 6:57 PM

Hi,

now official on the website:

http://www.beoplay.com/Products/BeoplayV1

And the specs:

1x USB

Pin Code theft protection

http://www.beoplay.com/layouts/SBV-Custom/HMProductPage/BeoplayV1TechSpecs.html

Regards, Robert

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Wed, May 2 2012 6:58 PM

Thx Robert

Robert
Top 500 Contributor
Holland
Posts 204
Bronze Member
Robert replied on Wed, May 2 2012 7:03 PM

all day I was curious, so checked. This week I will visit the shop and see the new live
Robert
Top 500 Contributor
Holland
Posts 204
Bronze Member
Robert replied on Wed, May 2 2012 7:06 PM

Beo4 included in the box. So I read.

Also interesting, 3 x RJ45 connectors as Power Link, allowing up to 6 Bang & Olufsen speakers!

I called my dealer, I am informed that the new V1 has these for connecting the BeoLabs.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Wed, May 2 2012 7:11 PM

saturday i'm gonna visit my dealer tooSmile

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

-multimedia Robert-:

Also interesting, 3 x RJ45 connectors as Power Link, allowing up to 6 Bang & Olufsen speakers!

I called my dealer, I am informed that the new V1 has these for connecting the BeoLabs.

Recent Beolab speaker now come with an RJ45 connector as well. 

It is the same analog signal as on Powerlink, it is just that B&O will be using RJ45 for everything now.

p.

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,218
Founder

Looks lovely in the dark grey / black colour.  Very sleek.

Here's a shot of the new 'Play' remote..  Identifiable by the big B&O logo!

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

...which is quite tacky compared to the old small text logo, but thank heavens it doesn't say anything like "Beo4Play"!

--mika

expoman
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Silver Member
expoman replied on Wed, May 2 2012 9:50 PM

Looks like a few button changes:

Play button added

No record button

Text, list, buttons moved

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

This is the same as the new Beo4 that was released a little while ago.

There is a new MEDIA virtual key in the LIST, that calls the Media browser. But you can affect the MEDIA browser to a hard key, such as DVD if you prefer.

expoman
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Silver Member
expoman replied on Wed, May 2 2012 11:32 PM

It looks like the non European versions have no HD tuners inside.  That means as a minimum for the celing mount you would need to have a power cord, 1 HDMI cable and a PUC cable to the V1.  Add a blue ray and add 1 more HDMI and 1 PUC. 

I think I see another wire sock design coming plus the C1 equipment cabinet.

If we could only add wireless HDMI and power it could look like the photo. Wink

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Thu, May 3 2012 12:17 AM

OH. MY. GOD.

I love Bang & Olufsen. Simply beautiful.

Beo4 'til I die!

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Thu, May 3 2012 12:19 AM

Hi Evan!!!

YEP YEP, I LOVE IT TOO!!!  It's going to look awesome in my crib on the dark wooden floor!

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Thu, May 3 2012 12:29 AM

Is that who I think it is?!?!

Stick out tongue

I can imagine it will look stunning. Unfortunately, me and television have parted ways for the sake of productivity and I don't see myself getting back to it anytime soon Sad

At any rate, the V1 is GORGEOUS.

Beo4 'til I die!

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Thu, May 3 2012 12:30 AM

Duplicate post.

Beo4 'til I die!

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Thu, May 3 2012 12:35 AM

yes it is, hi Evan!!!!!

Yes me too, i use my MacBook for everything and don't use a TV anymore however, i'm liking this V1 and I will use it to stream everything from Apple TV!

The A8 wireless dock looks interesting. Connected my new iPhone 4S to the BS8 on Monday and it sounded a heck of a lot better than I remember it doing.

Hope than you are well Evan!

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Thu, May 3 2012 1:35 AM

Good to see you back on the forums, Paul!! Yes - thumbs up

I watch videos on my laptop as well (a very infrequent activity really), but nothing deserving of such an amazing display. 

I do use a 4th generation iPod touch 64GB for listening although it is losing its precedence over CDs and my uprising vinyl collection. I use it extensively on the move and at school/work etc. I would love to see some new headphones come from B&O. This, IMHO should have been their first segment entry with BeoPlay! I auditioned the BS8 way back when it debuted and I really liked it, I just don't have any solid use for it. With complete BeoSystems at both of my residences, there is just no need.

Personally, I would like to see a replacement for the BeoLab 4. I am moving onto campus soon and wont have room for an 840w BeoSystem. A well executed pair of desktop/bookshelf BeoLabs would fit the bill perfectly. Until then I am left dreaming of Fostex/JBL/KRK monitors etc.

BTW - I am doing great! Hope you are doing good as well mate.

Beo4 'til I die!

Silou
Top 200 Contributor
Switzerland
Posts 465
Bronze Member
Silou replied on Thu, May 3 2012 6:33 AM

ugly!

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth replied on Thu, May 3 2012 6:34 AM

Hmmm.....I havent seen one in the flesh, but the pictures I've seen ma ke it look like a cross between a macbook and a portable road sign.

I doubt I'd buy one to be honest - I prefer the "corporate" look of the current BV range to be honest....but hey, personal choice and all.... 

I do think that if they could release an upgrade for the existing range with all the RJ45/ethernet enabled biz, that would be a big step up.

I was reading about the new Masterlink system whoch apparently uses Cat 7 cable. B&O will have to really lift their game if they move into a heavily tech enabled space to be different and hold their edge. I do think the sound & image quality gives B&O an edge, although for a younger crowd ( say sub 35 ) its hard to justify thge cost difference.

I was "ruined" when as a teenager my parents bought a Beosystem 7007.....its still going, even after one of my teenage systers blew up one channel in the amp and caused a speaker to drop onto the floor off a bookshelf listening to U2. My father was less than impressed....

elms
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
elms replied on Thu, May 3 2012 7:09 AM

Evan:

Personally, I would like to see a replacement for the BeoLab 4. I am moving onto campus soon and wont have room for an 840w BeoSystem. A well executed pair of desktop/bookshelf BeoLabs would fit the bill perfectly. Until then I am left dreaming of Fostex/JBL/KRK monitors etc.

You have a beautiful set of s45's that dream of working campus duty. You'd be surprised living on campus how often you need loud speakers too...

Gatex
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 129
Bronze Member
Gatex replied on Thu, May 3 2012 7:15 AM

Silou:

ugly!

I saw the black one , it looks incredile cheap and almost like those old IBM Thinkpads design. Think of an big black thinkpad in your living room Ick!

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Thu, May 3 2012 7:18 AM

Does that beo4 have backlit illumination?

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Thu, May 3 2012 7:26 AM

Does anyone know where it's made?Devil

Ban boring signatures!

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Flappo:
Does that beo4 have backlit illumination?

No. It is just a standard Beo4.

Evan
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,621
Gold Member
Evan replied on Thu, May 3 2012 2:18 PM
elms:

You have a beautiful set of s45's that dream of working campus duty. You'd be surprised living on campus how often you need loud speakers too...

LOL I don't want to risk them!

Beo4 'til I die!

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

Everyones gone madHuh?

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, May 3 2012 3:12 PM

Guys, can't we keep the one V1 discussion? There's already an existing 7-page discussion on the V1 :)

beocool
Top 25 Contributor
Alankomaat
Posts 6,194
Bronze Member
beocool replied on Thu, May 3 2012 4:35 PM

9 LEE:

Looks lovely in the dark grey / black colour.  Very sleek.

The size of that logo... horrible. No - thumbs down Who came up with that idea?

Vähintään yhdeksänkymmentä prosenttia suomalainen! 

imac
Not Ranked
Germany
Posts 52
Bronze Member
imac replied on Thu, May 3 2012 5:10 PM

I have been waiting so long for this TV and I am very disappointed.:(

It looks so cheap....

Beovision 11-55, Beovision 10-46, Beovision 7-40, Beocenter 6-23, Beosound 9000, Beolab 18, Beolab 19, 2xBeolab 3, Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 2, Beocom 6000, Beosound 3, Playmaker

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
Posts 425
Bronze Member

imac:

I have been waiting so long for this TV and I am very disappointed.:(

It looks so cheap....

I have to agree with you imac i was waiting aswell and was really anticipating what this tv would have looked like but when the leaked photos came out i was like oh is this it. It just doesn't do it for me... they could have tried a little harder in making it look alot sleeker. I actually prefer the bv8s design much more compared to the v1, don't get me wrong it sounds like it's got all the positives visionclear processing 5 hdmis etc,etc but the design is what lets it down for me big time and i just can't get used to the ugly stand it uses either.

Beoplay A2

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Thu, May 3 2012 6:09 PM

Have you seen it in real life?

synth
Top 500 Contributor
Off piste
Posts 105
Bronze Member
synth replied on Fri, May 4 2012 2:21 AM

I honestly think B&O had dropped the ball on this.

This  tv looks like one of those Tesco home delivery fold up delievery crates......just awful...

Its one thing to be "me too" - but anyone can do that. Such a pity. B&O need to go back to cutting edge design and fit the tech within it. B&O have a very marketable uniqueness that blends with their superior tech.

The similarity to the Loewe product is quite disappointing to be honest.

B&O shoudl take these comments on board in a positive way - use it as solid positive feedback. I'm sure I wont make many friends for saying what I have here but I think were all grown ups here.

Subaru did a similar thing - they had hard core tech/engineering background and built cars that only some people wanted, but they had a loyal following ( myself included ) because we appreciate that sort of engineering excellence. Then some twit at Subaru let the marketing people out of their safety enclosure, and they then delivered models that look cheap and bloated and "me too". That way decay lies.....pity they never released a flat 6  3.0L turbo Liberty wagon - that would have been a family estate "giant killer" that would have scared a lot of exotic metal...

B&O needs to learn from this - its an own goal and shouldnt be repeated. What a mess.

Thus endeth the lesson.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, May 4 2012 7:29 AM

synth:

B&O needs to learn from this - its an own goal and shouldnt be repeated. What a mess.

Just your opinion. Remember that. My dealer has 4 x V1's in store on different configurations and, whilst I was indifferent to the photos, the V1s are much better in person. Finish is good, picture quality is superb, audio decent and some of the stands are great - particularly the wall bracket.

My dealer was busier than I've seen previously and there was a lot of interest in the V1. Sure, it might not appeal to everyone (how many designs are universal?), but that's why there is a collection of TVs in the range.

synth:
Thus endeth the lesson.

Hail the lord.

Griebel
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 416
Gold Member
Griebel replied on Fri, May 4 2012 7:38 AM

Agree, the picture is just amazing!

valve1
Top 75 Contributor
The south of France and occasionally Dublin Ireland
Posts 1,502
Gold Member
valve1 replied on Fri, May 4 2012 8:50 AM

Went to see the all the new stuff in Dublin yesterday and I am very impressed. The v1 looks great in grey 40inch.  I think this will sell. Would I buy one ? If my avant died, yes. B&O needs new customers not just the existing ones who occasionally change stuff like me.

The bv 12 was stunning but unless it comes in a 40 inch on a stand version it would not fit in my house.

imac
Not Ranked
Germany
Posts 52
Bronze Member
imac replied on Fri, May 4 2012 9:12 AM

koning:

Have you seen it in real life?

Yes. That makes it even worse...

Beovision 11-55, Beovision 10-46, Beovision 7-40, Beocenter 6-23, Beosound 9000, Beolab 18, Beolab 19, 2xBeolab 3, Beolab 8000, Beolab 6000, Beolab 2, Beocom 6000, Beosound 3, Playmaker

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
Posts 751
Bronze Member
BeoIce replied on Fri, May 4 2012 11:02 AM

I don't understand why they use the same remote as with their Beovisions or Beosounds.

As mentioned somewhere else both V1's are too small for my living room. I don't know how it is in other countries, but in germany the living room is the largest room of the flat or house. I have 6 meters viewing distance from my sofa to the wall where the tv will be mounted, so what should I do with a 40" set ? Would be the same as watching hd movies on an ipad with half a meter viewing distance.

BeoSound 9000 MK3, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500, LCS9000, BeoLab 11, BeoLab 7.2, BeoLab 7.1, Beolab 4 PC, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoSound 8, Beosound 2, BeoVision 7-40 MK2 , BeoVision 7-32 MK3, BeoVision 6-22, BeoVision 4-42, BeoMedia 1, BeoCom 4, BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5, BeoLink 4 & BeoTime

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, May 4 2012 11:11 AM

BeoIce:

As mentioned somewhere else both V1's are too small for my living room. I don't know how it is in other countries...

It's the same for most countries. It's the main reason I moved up from the 40, simply as it looked small in the corner of the living room. 46" fills the space better and the BV10-46 with the orange or red fret looks like a work of art (whereas the BV7 with huge 7.2 looked cumbersome in comparison).

I asked my dealer if there are any plans to bring out a smaller BV12. He said there are no plans. B&O believe that the smaller TVs (46 or under) are better suited to using LCD. Shame really. I'd be the first in the queue for a 50" BV12.

rob08
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 209
Bronze Member
rob08 replied on Fri, May 4 2012 11:51 AM

I agree completely. Went and saw the BV12 this week and it is a stunner. But at 65" it is borderline too big for a "normal" living room. Give me a 50" or at least 55" and I'll buy one immediately

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Fri, May 4 2012 12:43 PM

tournedos:

9 LEE:

...which is quite tacky compared to the old small text logo, but thank heavens it doesn't say anything like "Beo4Play"!

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

two and half pages of posts ... and no one else thinks Tournedos' pun was funny ?

And Puncher was being way mischievous !!!

BeoNut since '75

Page 1 of 2 (42 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS