Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Spot the B&O in my Living Room Kit

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich Posted: Wed, Jul 9 2014 1:21 PM

This was the scene in our living room when my wife (the FS) and I came home Monday early from work after getting the call from our security company.  The FS beat me home by about 10 minutes; she found the would-be burglar still inside in our bedroom.  She chases the guy out of the house, and sheriff deputies catch him a few minutes later about 5 blocks away.

On the floor you can see my one piece of B&O in the living room kit (aka, the FS's system), which is also the first B&O I ever purchased (new in this case):  a Beogram RX2 from about 1990.  Once reassembled and put back into the system, the RX2 worked just fine.

Mark
Top 100 Contributor
London
Posts 1,063
Bronze Member
Mark replied on Wed, Jul 9 2014 1:31 PM

really sorry to hear this Rich.

we tend to forget there is more to design than designing.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member

Wow, The FS has got a certain amount of courage to chase the burglars!! Good they got caught!

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Thailand 5560 miles from Struer
Posts 363
Bronze Member

My worst nightmare , sorry for your trouble 

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Jul 9 2014 2:40 PM

Sorry to hear that, but glad the gear and more importantly the FS are all OK.

The perp is lucky it wasn't my wife that interrupted him, she would have ventilated him.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Wed, Jul 9 2014 3:02 PM

Oh dear, my worst nightmare too. Really sorry to learn that Rich.

Don't look for your spare MMC4, it's still in France...

Jacques

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 539
Gold Member

Hope you and the family are OK? its a terrible thing to happen

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

Bloody **ll. I hope everybody is OK without too many nightmares to follow.

I trust the beer mugs didn't break?

--mika

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, Jul 9 2014 4:56 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes, mates.

Yes, everyone is fine if a bit shell shocked.  The "suspect" was caught with my best watch and an old Visa debit card (with my name on it) on his person.  He had 2 outstanding warrants and several priors.  Under a "habitual offender law," he may not see the light of day for a very long time.

The mugs are fine - they were in the dining room with the best stereo (left untouched).  Smile

The only casualties were a broken window and relatively inexpensive computer video camera.

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

With 20+ years in Mexico, I only had 2 break ins, as luck will, both times the burglars  only went for lap tops, mobile phones and cameras, as the last burglary happened in the night, while we were at sleep upstairs, I increased our safety measures with a baseball bat, placed beside my bed.

Rich I really hope that the burglar didn´t destroy too much, and compliments to your brave wife. A couple of weeks paranoid will follow, but then it goes away slowly. An evening with a family dinner and good vinyl music helps to drive the bad feeling away.

Good neighbors are a blessing, we here in our street looks after each other as well.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Menahem Yachad
Top 75 Contributor
Jerusalem, Israel
Posts 1,249
Bronze Member

Wow, that's a shock. Good to hear that you're all OK.

You have the "Stand your Ground" law in Florida, don't you? If I was there, he wouldn't have gotten out the front door alive.

In 1976, our BM1400 and BG1000 were stolen. We had bombproof windows, and the thieves couldn't break the glass, so they simply cut the putty out of the window frame, and lifted out the entire glass pane. We came home to a well-ventilated living room.

I still wonder what became of those 2 beautiful machines; state-of-the-art then.

Menahem

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Sat, Aug 9 2014 7:50 PM

I watched the video you linked to. That is a pretty amazing story. You have some great neighbors there and kudos to your brave wife. 

-sonavor

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS