Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

With a Purple Operator and a Vicks Inhaler

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich Posted: Fri, Jul 18 2014 12:36 AM

FS bought me the Led Zeppelin I reissue LP for my birthday because I didn't have that record on vinyl (along with Physical Graffiti).  I liked it a lot.

Over the weekend I played my LP copy of Led Zeppelin II and noticed it was a record club issue.  Has anyone bought the II reissue LP?  Should I be shelling out my $23 for it?

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Tue, Jul 22 2014 5:41 PM

Based on all these glowing recommendations, I think I'll get a copy of II.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Sat, Aug 9 2014 12:15 PM
I ended getting both II and III, and they are very good packages. LZ being my favorite artist, and me tending toward being a collector, I am pleased.

In the same package I got new Black Keys and new Jack White. I have yet to play the Keys, but the White had to go back to the vendor. My 4002 couldn't play it. There was some kind of scratch or other issue in the lead in and first few grooves causing the same revolution to play infinitely. The 4002 has never failed to track anything before so the record was likely defective.

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Thailand 5560 miles from Struer
Posts 363
Bronze Member

Congratulations on your purchases , big Zep fan myself, did you buy the deluxe issue with all the extras, I'd like to get that at some point, 

I read in one of the music mags that jack White is a big vinyl fan and the vinyl version of the album has a lot of hidden tracks and special effects, that's on my wish list also

could that be the problem you encountered?

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Sat, Aug 9 2014 6:58 PM

Just bought the single LPs for LZ.

That is definitely not the problem with the Jack White.  We'll see when a replacement comes.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Sat, Aug 23 2014 1:58 PM

bidstonhall:

I read in one of the music mags that jack White is a big vinyl fan and the vinyl version of the album has a lot of hidden tracks and special effects, that's on my wish list also

could that be the problem you encountered?

Indeed it was.  Side 1 plays inside out.  Luckily I have RX2's that can play the record.  (Put record on platter.  Press "cue" button.  After platter spins and tonearm goes into position over the lead-in groove, manually position the tonearm beyond the last song.  Press "cue" button again to lower the tonearm.)

Bummer that I will never be able to play this on the BG4002.  Probably not the BG3404's either.

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 363
Bronze Member

Have you seen the angel yet?

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 5:26 PM

Actually, no.  I know there's a hologram, but the RX2 I played the record on is just below eye level.  I didn't bother with fetching a step ladder to look down upon the record as it played.

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 363
Bronze Member

What about the hidden tracks in the centre labels

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
Posts 2,598
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, Aug 27 2014 12:08 AM

One is 78 rpm, which I have no way of playing, so I haven't bothered.

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 363
Bronze Member

Jack whites third man records have done some crazy stuff, what about the limited edition 12 inch of the dead weathers blue blood blues which contained within it a 7 inch single, which could only be played by destroying the outer vinyl

apparently only a handful of the 300 copies remain intact - go figure

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS