Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

HELP with old AVANT 32 VHS (type 84/20) configuration tdt

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

fenyedor
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
fenyedor Posted: Mon, Aug 18 2014 2:17 AM

Hi all! I have a problem with an old B&O AVANT 32 (type 84/20 came with a vhs), hopefully somebody can help me, since I don't know much this television.

I had the bad idea of using its close-up socket panel (external connections in the top side), the L R Video rca connections. Something got disconfigured and this happened:
It’s an old tv, so it has an external dvdplayer, and what I think is an internal? set-top-box with DVB-T (or something like that) that got the digital tv on it (The tv isn’t mine so I’m not even sure).
How it used to work is that in “SAT” you could watch the digital tv and change the channels, and in “DVD” you could see the external dvdplayer.
After the external connection the digital tv was only on the “DVD” section, and pressing “SAT” wouldn’t go there. Went to menu>sources and instead of dvd chose “set top box”, and it seemed to have already selected “71.TEC.DIGI.PR-K”. So I clicked that.
Now, this happens:
When pressing “SAT” the tv goes to the “SAT” section, but all you see is black. Menus appear, so its just that there is no imagen. When pressing “DVD” the digital tv appears, but if you try to change channels, nothing happens. BUT if you go to “SAT”, and even if its all black, press next channel and go back to “DVD” there you see the digital tv has gone to the next channel. The external dvdplayer is nowhere to be seen.

So… keeping in mind that I’m not used to this TV, what could I change to put it how it was before? Is there a way that I tell it something like “in SAT I want to get the image I’m getting now on DVD, and on DVD I want to get x” ???

Please help, and thank you very much!!!!

If I press once "menu" in SAT I get this now:

1.Menu
2.OPT
3.Info
4.Sound
5.EPG
6.Tv/Radio
7.Av
8.TXT 

If I press menu again:

1.Tuning
2.Sound
3.Picture
4.Stand
5.Sources
6.Menu
7.Clock
8.VTape 

On Menu>SetUp>Sources I only get two columns, AV y Decoder (now on SetTopBox / Auto).  In some manuals I've seen 3 columns, being the first one to choose the socket, but not in this avant! How could it be in this model?

fenyedor
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
fenyedor replied on Mon, Aug 25 2014 11:40 PM

anyone?

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Tue, Aug 26 2014 11:27 AM
I have an Avant US, and I can't imagine how you BV could get in this state. My fall back lately is to unplug the item from power for about 15 minutes - I know, lame, but it works a surprising amount if time with different equipment. Sorry I can't provide anything meaningful, but maybe others can help. Good luck.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

fenyedor
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
fenyedor replied on Fri, Sep 12 2014 2:14 PM

thanks... last bump, anyone else? maybe somebody can help?

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Fri, Sep 12 2014 4:21 PM

Do you have a set top box controller with this set-up?  I believe you do as set top box is on the display.

Have any other connections been changed i.e where currently is the external DVD player plugged into the Avant?  Are the connections still made in the top display panel RCA sockets?

When the TV is on, on the BEO4, if you press 'list' until 'V.AUX' appears and then press 'GO' (middle round button) what happens?  This should switch on the set top box.

It's possible that the set top box is no longer 'selected' properly.  It may be worth trying to re-select it via the BEO4 remote:

Press 'TV' to turn the TV on.

Press 'MENU' to call up the menu on the TV

Press the down arrow key until 'sources' is highlighted.

Press 'GO' to call up the sources menu.

Press the down arrow key until set top box is highlighted.

Press 'GO' to call up the set top box menu.

The STB menu should now be displayed.  Press the up or down arrows until your STB is highlighted.

Press 'GO' to store your STB.

Press 'EXIT' to leave the menu's.

Dave.

fenyedor
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Bronze Member
fenyedor replied on Mon, Sep 15 2014 8:10 PM

Thanks Dave!
The set top box was definitely not selected properly. After fiddling a bit I got it to work!
The final working set-up was putting in sources AV to Dvd and Decoder to Set-Top-Box and there choose the digic model.

:) 

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Tue, Sep 16 2014 7:28 AM

Glad it's fixed.  The thing to remember is that just pushing a button on the BEO4 doesn't just make that thing play - it's only telling the TV which input is to be used.  i.e. 'AV' opens up the AV port which could have a set top box or a DVD player in it.

Enjoy the Avant - still one of the best pictures around.

Dave.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS