Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

CDX woes

rated by 0 users
This post has 60 Replies | 3 Followers

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member

Finally, the clear plastic holder piece that supports and holds the drive gear in place.

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member

This spare parts CDX unit is now functional again. I say spare parts because I took all of the best looking parts from my two CDX units to make the first, good CDX player I completed earlier in this thread. The remaining parts were all there for a functional second unit except for the broken gear that Jacques sent me.

However, this second unit does have a couple of issues.

Cosmetically, the little holder for the CD is scratched up.
Mechanically, the eject side hinge of the CDX is not 100%. It is one that came broken and I had to repair. While the door opens and closes via the door motor okay, the door needs manual help on the eject side to actuate the mechanics that say the door is completely closed. I can press a little on the door (left side) and everything works. When I opened the CDX back up to study the problem, it appears related to the door hinge itself. I think it really needs a new hinge. But...the CDX is usable with this repaired hinge and will work fine in my shop where I intend to use it as a CD source.
Another mechanical (electro-mechanical) problem with this CDX is the touch buttons. I originally had problems with this unit. I had to arrange some spacers on the function posts so the touch pads would operate on some of the functions. That takes repeated opening and closing back up of the CDX in order to get everything adjusted. Right now, all of the control buttons work except the Display selection and the Reverse (<<) button. I tried getting that adjusted but haven't had success yet. I'm not going to spend anymore time right now to get those two things working as I have to move on to my next projects and this CDX is already playable in my shop.

Here is an old picture of the adjustment for the CDX touch buttons. I'm going to go listen to some CDs now.

ethuijs
Not Ranked
Posts 68
Bronze Member
ethuijs replied on Sun, Oct 15 2017 8:13 PM

My CD 3300 has the same problem. A broken gear. Can you link me to Jaques? May be has an other part like this.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Mon, Oct 16 2017 1:10 PM

Hi!

No I don’t sorry! I guess eBay is your best chance here.

Jacques

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Mon, Oct 16 2017 1:14 PM

ethuijs:

My CD 3300 has the same problem. A broken gear. Can you link me to Jaques? May be has an other part like this.

I know a guy in the Czech Republic who prints them but you need to send him the old one over.

Jacques

opirat
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
opirat replied on Fri, May 22 2020 5:14 PM

Hi, could you please give me Jacques contact. I have the same problem with my beogram cd 3300, maybe I can get a new gear. Thanks, have a good day/night, Luigi

sonavor
Top 25 Contributor
Texas, United States
Posts 3,732
Bronze Member
sonavor replied on Fri, May 22 2020 9:26 PM

Hi Luigi,

Check out this more recent thread where some other people are working on replacement gears.

-sonavor

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Sun, May 24 2020 2:55 PM

Hi Luigi,

Still around, but this was a one-off!

Best wishes!

Jacques

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member

No, nothing. Big Smile

Jacques

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member

Hi Luigi,

Still around, but this was a one-off!

Best wishes!

Jacques

opirat
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
opirat replied on Sun, May 24 2020 6:40 PM

Thanks sonavor!

opirat
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
opirat replied on Sun, May 24 2020 6:40 PM

Thanks sonavor!

opirat
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Bronze Member
opirat replied on Sun, May 24 2020 6:41 PM

Thanks you all guys! All the best!

Majlanky
Not Ranked
Posts 18
Bronze Member
Majlanky replied on Fri, Jul 31 2020 10:12 PM

Hello everybody.

I have troubles with my CD X. I have read all topics here on the forum about CD X and its issues. I get my CD X many year ago as present in non-functional state. For many years I have been thinking the CDM fails. Last week I bought another CDM from eBay, change it and no change happen. Now I know it was pretty stupid move but it kicked me into fixing it. 

1. The original issue was ? on display after pressing play. Motor was spinning few seconds and ? appeared.
  2. I changed CDM
  3. Same issue ad point 1
  4. I fixed all rivets/griplets (resolder it with copper wire pushed thru) on decoder and servo board
  5. After the rivet fix, there were strange issue with motor not stop spinning even lid open. I let it be for one day and the strange issue not appear anymore.
  6. The original issue is back/still here
  7. I checked pin14 connection with griplet as described in this topic

I am not good in electronic but I do not want to resing. 

Do you have any idea, what i can/should do next?

Thank you very much!

Jayone
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
Jayone replied on Mon, May 24 2021 3:50 PM

Hello

i m searching for the white gear as mine is broken, but I don’t see it anywhere on the web, if someone has an idea…

https://images.app.goo.gl/4Q7pSyEBrnxB9Apg6

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Mon, May 24 2021 3:54 PM

Beoparts-shop.com very soon.

Martin

Jayone
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
Jayone replied on Tue, May 25 2021 6:47 PM

Great ! Keep me updated when you have the part!

best regards

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Jun 23 2021 10:11 AM

New gear pulley for the Beogram CDX, CDX2 and CD3300 is now in the webshop.

To me it came in perfect timing, because I have a CDX on the bench where the owner had fitted a 3D-printed gear bought off Ebay.
Not only had a tooth broken off already, its rough and coarse surfaces managed to eat a new belt in just a little over two months, leaving nothing but rubber dust everywhere.
Beoparts-shop has the real thing. Belt too.

Martin

Jayone
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
Jayone replied on Fri, Jun 25 2021 9:54 AM

Hello dillen will you make the other gear ? The big white one that s just after the one you are making? I need this one as mine is broken.

regard

Jayone
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Bronze Member
Jayone replied on Fri, Jun 25 2021 9:54 AM

Hello dillen will you make the other gear ? The big white one that s just after the one you are making? I need this one as mine is broken.

regard

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Fri, Jun 25 2021 10:09 AM

Jayone:

regard

That's the first time I hear about this gear breaking, and there are no plans for reproducing it,
but I'm sure I can find a good one in the dungeons.
PM or email me.

Martin

Page 2 of 2 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS