Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

MX7000 - How do you enter the service menu on SW 1.0?

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

retr0
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
retr0 Posted: Wed, Aug 20 2014 11:08 AM

I thought I had a good deal on this MX7000 for my retro gaming consoles, but the picture is slightly left off screen, and it's maddening. None of the buttons on the remote let me adjust the picture geometry. I found this thread:

http://archivedforum2.beoworld.org/forums/p/4028/35794.aspx#35794

Where the solution seems to be opening the tv and short circuiting two pins. However, is this the same when your tv is on SW 1.0? Sadly, I can't find a service manual anywhere on the internet that has the 94th page the member in the above linked thread mentioned.

retr0
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
retr0 replied on Fri, Aug 22 2014 8:47 PM

Thanks for the help guys, I found it. To anyone who found this thread through Google: you can access the service menu on SW 1.0. Remove the 4 screws from the corners on the backside of the MX7000, and take off the cover. There's two pins that have the name "service mode" under them on the PCB. You can find these pins slightly above the AV ports. You can either solder some wires to them with a button for easy access, or you can touch both pins at the same  time with a screwdriver. The description of this Youtube video tells you what all settings in the service menu do. If you're using a Beolink 1000 remote, you can navigate the service menu with the << and >> buttons, use the up and down arrow buttons next to these to increase and decrease values, and press "store" twice when you're done with the settings. You have to be in tv mode to access the service menu.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS