Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Avant 85"

rated by 0 users
This post has 91 Replies | 6 Followers

Solidsnake
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 143
Bronze Member

Michael:

Roger:

I will hold my judgment of the panel until I have tested today's SW release for the Avant, which is claimed to be the same as the one used by flatpanels.dk in their review.

Floor stand changes position all the time? How did you set it up?

Roger

The panel won't change with a software update of the TV itself. The panel is very much fixed. As a pair of connected speakers. It just displays whatever is inputed to it. 

I mean, for example if I move the stand to my current place in my sofa and then change source to TV from Apple TV that it might move to the default TV position. (Not sure it does this) BUT when I change to a music source, then it always goes to the audio stand position and it is very annoying because they are very different and it takes time. When the TV is on I dont want it to move around (same with speakers). A possiblity to change that behavior would be awesome.

Did the software come out today? Im at work so I haven't been able to try it out yet. My biggest issue with my Avant is that it dims and brightens the screen very strangely in dim room light situations. I have a new one waiting to replace my current Avant - perhaps it is a hardware issue but I think not.. 

When I change video sources, the tv does not change position unless of course you have assigned a change of position with the My Buttons.  The only time the tv moves without me choosing is when moving from a video to an audio source.  Now it obviously moves into audio position.  A way to prevent this is to use a My Button shortcut for your audio source - set it up to use the same stand position as your video source.  This should prevent the stand from moving.  

I'm also not experiencing the popping you mentioned when changing source.  The only popping I experience is through my external speakers when they're turning on or off - which only happens when I turn the tv on and off (with power saving on).  With power saving off, the speakers stay on all the time so no popping at all.  But I felt that was a waste of electricity having the speakers on all the time, so I turned power saving back on.  

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 2:07 PM

The diming problem is said to be one of the issues sorted out in today's software launch (see separate thread). Please post any findings in the new thread.

I set up the stand to have the usual audio, video and standby positions - but also entered positions for each source. First I used the same position as for TV viewing for Spotify, but programmed another position for this source last night. As you do this, you can also assign a speaker group to each source. I added three speaker groups, as I also have a projector (which turns the sound stage 90 degrees). I found this to be very elegant and a huge improvement over the 7-55 where you were limited to the number of speakers for Audio and Video mode. The audio handling of the Avant puzzles me as well: using the built-in Spotify Connect feature, the sound is clearly improved (listening via BeoLab 5) compared to using a BeoSound 5/BeoMaster 5 via ML to the 7-55. Knowing that the BeoLab 7-6 is 160 cm wide and a highly respected tv speaker I will take some heat for this statement: The built-in speakers in the Avant is significantly better IMHO. I did not expect that. But I had expected a better picture for 720p sources...

Roger

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Wed, Sep 3 2014 2:43 PM

Solidsnake:
I'm also not experiencing the popping you mentioned when changing source.  The only popping I experience is through my external speakers when they're turning on or off - which only happens when I turn the tv on and off (with power saving on).  With power saving off, the speakers stay on all the time so no popping at all.  But I felt that was a waste of electricity having the speakers on all the time, so I turned power saving back on.  

I mean the same sound as you mean. I don't like the speakers turning on and off all the time (one of my BL9 goes yellow after to many on/off in a short amount of time, but it seems related to a defect PL1 port on the TV since it works better since I changed ports, getting a new tv so I´ll see after).

Having power saving off in sound settings would be horrible for me because I hear the speakers noise when they are not in use (especially my BL8000 surrounds).

If I move my tv a few degrees from my video stand position I think it will go back to the straight place when I change source but not sure. It did this when I used my old beo4 remote from my kitchen - perhaps it makes it act different. But the move on audio source is annoying - I usually change positions a lot (different places) so I cant program the "same" position. Stupid idea to have a audio position necessary.. 

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Ryan
Not Ranked
Toronto, Canada
Posts 33
Bronze Member
Ryan replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 4:54 AM

I went to the Canadian launch of the Avant 85" tonight.

Rather than having it at the Toronto store they held it at what I was told is the residence of one of the owners of the store - it was a very impressive house indeed. There was an infinity pool, a full B&O home theater room, car elevator with Lambo, etc. 

The set looks great as you would expect, good viewing angles,good blacks, back of it looks marvellous. 

The presentation with black cloth literally thrown over the components driving the set left something to be desired. Also although I counted at least 6 lab 5's and many more lab 6000's in the house, there was no music playing anywhere, even at a low level. Very strange for a company that sells sound systems. There was also no audio coming from the Avant. 

kimchr
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 170
Bronze Member
kimchr replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:44 AM

Ryan:

I went to the Canadian launch of the Avant 85" tonight.

Rather than having it at the Toronto store they held it at what I was told is the residence of one of the owners of the store - it was a very impressive house indeed. There was an infinity pool, a full B&O home theater room, car elevator with Lambo, etc. 

The set looks great as you would expect, good viewing angles,good blacks, back of it looks marvellous. 

The presentation with black cloth literally thrown over the components driving the set left something to be desired. Also although I counted at least 6 lab 5's and many more lab 6000's in the house, there was no music playing anywhere, even at a low level. Very strange for a company that sells sound systems. There was also no audio coming from the Avant. 

It looks like the guy is in fact living in a beostore. That is dedication!

Did you happen to see a projector out connection on the TV?

crossbytje
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 224
Bronze Member

The speakers look kind of small under this screen. I would have thought that they would make them extend further.

On the projector out, do not expect this on any tv anymore, there are all sorts of digital copyrights that might be violated when outputting the high quality videostream to an unknown device. I suppose thats is the (only) reason to not have this feature anymore.

Beolit 12 - Beolab 4 pc (dead now) - Beoplay H5 - Beolab 9 - BeoRemote One BT - Beoplay M3

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 8:10 AM
crossbytje:

On the projector out, do not expect this on any tv anymore, there are all sorts of digital copyrights that might be violated when outputting the high quality videostream to an unknown device. I suppose thats is the (only) reason to not have this feature anymore.

I also believe that's the reason why all BS4-based-Beovisions doesn't provide video-out anymore. Even the small scart connection provides no video-out-signal anymore, so you can't connect an old videorecorder to record anything. Very sad.

Regards

Räuber
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member

Both the wife and i think it looks a more confortabble design as an Avant than the 55, if that makes sense! The rear looks very neat, but i must admit i thought the increase in size would have made for a larger better proportioned speaker too. What are the specs? i.e. side lit/full panel array etc. Looks a bit fatter!

Roger are you saying Spotify sounds better processed through a Beosystem 4 Avant, or are you saying the Avant with Beolab 5's, sounds better than the Beolab 7-6? I don't think you will get much flak for the latter statement at all, as most of us would expect that including myself.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 8:51 AM
Chris Townsend:

Both the wife and i think it looks a more confortabble design as an Avant than the 55, if that makes sense! The rear looks very neat, but i must admit i thought the increase in size would have made for a larger better proportioned speaker too. What are the specs? i.e. side lit/full panel array etc. Looks a bit fatter!

Roger are you saying Spotify sounds better processed through a Beosystem 4 Avant, or are you saying the Avant with Beolab 5's, sounds better than the Beolab 7-6? I don't think you will get much flak for the latter statement at all, as most of us would expect that including myself.

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, 2xBeovision 8-32, Avant RF 28, Beoplay A9, Beolit 12, Beocom 2, Beotime, H6, Form 2.

Just looked quickly but it does not look thicker(not much at least) than the 55". The black boxes in the middle are unproportionally big now however. And you could google samsung 85" panels and see if they are edge lit and then you know.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 9:56 AM

Seems like it might be a real backlit display anyway. "One of the key differences of this TV is that it has a full array backlight around the back, which means it doesn’t have the edge-lit display. Samsung will also include the local dimming on this set so this combined with the back-lit display will improve the picture quality."

That is their own TV-set however and they won't tell you it has full array just "
Precision Black Pro" and that it has clusters of LEDS. Not sure if it is really _real_ local dimming full array but it sounds quite good. 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 10:11 AM

Raeuber:
crossbytje:

I also believe that's the reason why all BS4-based-Beovisions doesn't provide video-out anymore. Even the small scart connection provides no video-out-signal anymore, so you can't connect an old videorecorder to record anything. Very sad.

Regards

Räuber

Im not so sure this is the reason since the picture signal would be cut from the TV itself and sent to a projector which would deal with the HDCP handshaking. Perhaps it is legal licensing stuff but I think they left it out because it cost extra money to both implement in hardware and software. However it would have been a great selling point for a 55" + projector - BUT - who would then buy a 85"? Now they have to. Go figure!

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 10:11 AM

Raeuber:
crossbytje:

Regards

Räuber

Im not so sure this is the reason since the picture signal would be cut from the TV itself and sent to a projector which would deal with the HDCP handshaking. Perhaps it is legal licensing stuff but I think they left it out because it cost extra money to both implement in hardware and software. However it would have been a great selling point for a 55" + projector - BUT - who would then buy a 85"? Now they have to. Go figure!

kimchr
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 170
Bronze Member
kimchr replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 11:25 AM

Michael:

I want a cinema experience not a TV experience. They could have sold me a 55" any time. Now, best case, it will be a BS4.

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 11:31 AM
"Roger are you saying Spotify sounds better processed through a Beosystem 4 Avant, or are you saying the Avant with Beolab 5's, sounds better than the Beolab 7-6? I don't think you will get much flak for the latter statement at all, as most of us would expect that including myself"

@Chris - sorry for the confusion, I tried to explain two things at the same time:

1) original setup: 7-55 mk2, BL5 (front)/BL9 (rear), BS5/BM5. When listening to Spotify on this setup compared to Avant-55, same speakers, no BS5/BM5 the sound and stage was different. The increase in detail/stage on the Avant setup was significant. Only speakers used were the BL5's (plain stereo).

2) Switching from BeoLab 7-6 to the built-in speakers of the Avant (speaker 1 setup) when watching TV also left me puzzled: another improvement. This one I did not expect as I belived my previous 7-6 was the best "sound bar" around.

Roger

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 11:51 AM
Roger:

"Roger are you saying Spotify sounds better processed through a Beosystem 4 Avant, or are you saying the Avant with Beolab 5's, sounds better than the Beolab 7-6? I don't think you will get much flak for the latter statement at all, as most of us would expect that including myself"

@Chris - sorry for the confusion, I tried to explain two things at the same time:

1) original setup: 7-55 mk2, BL5 (front)/BL9 (rear), BS5/BM5. When listening to Spotify on this setup compared to Avant-55, same speakers, no BS5/BM5 the sound and stage was different. The increase in detail/stage on the Avant setup was significant. Only speakers used were the BL5's (plain stereo).

2) Switching from BeoLab 7-6 to the built-in speakers of the Avant (speaker 1 setup) when watching TV also left me puzzled: another improvement. This one I did not expect as I belived my previous 7-6 was the best "sound bar" around.

Roger

Many times I forget to change to speaker group with BeoLab 9 and just listens to the built in speakers in my avant and I am surprised every time I realize this because the built in speakers are awesome. I don't understand why people said they weren't good when it launched. To me they are amazing. Almost better balanced than the BL9 actually.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 11:52 AM
kimchr:

I want a cinema experience not a TV experience. They could have sold me a 55" any time. Now, best case, it will be a BS4.

We share that opinion and I think many would prefer a discrete cinema solution instead of a very big tv taking up space in the room.

Im probably going for a separate projector setup with sound fed to the avant system only.

Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 12:04 PM
Michael:

We share that opinion and I think many would prefer a discrete cinema solution instead of a very big tv taking up space in the room.

Im probably going for a separate projector setup with sound fed to the avant system only.

Usually you are using a TV screen for watching normal broadcast. Only for sport events or extraordinary videos (Blurays) it's much fun to watch with a projector in a cinema solution. I think it's not much fun to watch daily news or wheather reports on an Avant 85". That's why I believe a BV 7 with a connected projector is still the best solution.

Regards

Räuber
Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 2:08 PM

Raeuber:

Usually you are using a TV screen for watching normal broadcast. Only for sport events or extraordinary videos (Blurays) it's much fun to watch with a projector in a cinema solution. I think it's not much fun to watch daily news or wheather reports on an Avant 85". That's why I believe a BV 7 with a connected projector is still the best solution.

You bring up a good point about very large images, either a big 85 inch TV or a projector. Commercials in particular can be excruciating experiences, especially locally produced ones for Joe Blow's buy here pay here car lot on the corner. Or giant, huge tubes of hemorrhoid cream. SurpriseSmile

Since advertisers need to hit everyone's eyeballs hard to get attention, many commercials are optimized for smaller screens, to be as impactful as possible at 40 inch and less. On a big screen, yeesh. I've noticed too that commercials for expensive luxury products are much better done of course, especially in the use of surround sound. I noticed this years ago when surround sound wasn't that prevalent yet, but suddenly this commercial came on and there was all sorts of sound out of the surrounds, it was an Infiniti car commercial. Also, in the early surround days when Dolby ProLogic was what you had, local commercials could be horrible in sound...there are allegedly laws limiting volume on a commercial, though they seem to not do much, but back then you'd get a commercial where they only recorded one channel, say right, and as the surrounds were L-R this would blast the same thing out the rears at hyper volume. Was horrid.

A reason I seldom watch anything but movie channels anymore, that plus the generally poor shows on regular TV.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
4K news....

http://www.avforums.com/news/4k-ultra-hd-uhd-blu-ray-disc-confirmed-2015.10665

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 6:54 PM
Looks like I will wait for a 4k oppo then
Raeuber
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
Posts 2,542
Bronze Member
Raeuber replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 8:42 PM
vlohjr1:

Looks like I will wait for a 4k oppo then

Or an Avant with 4K OLED display and inbuilt 4K bluray player!
Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Fri, Sep 5 2014 11:22 PM

Is it just me or does the stand look disproportionately small for the apparent size and heft of the television?

It seems very top heavy, and any household with children, or medium to large dogs, may have to be concerned about it falling over. I'm sure that's not the case the way B&O design their mounts, but there's just something "off" about the proportions.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
Jeff:

A reason I seldom watch anything but movie channels anymore, that plus the generally poor shows on regular TV.

Jeff

ExactlyJeff!

When ads start proliferating on a channel we stop watching and move on.

That and poor programming (ie teller cheapo reality shows or game shows) is why we no longer watch free to air commercial channels

BeoNut since '75

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

Sal:

Is it just me or does the stand look disproportionately small for the apparent size and heft of the television?

Well, I looked at the third pic and wondered how it manages not to keel over and and land on its face.

Still, it doesn't look nearly as dangerous as a BV1 on a high pole did, and I guess those were considered safe. 

--mika

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 10:11 AM

elephant:
Jeff:

Jeff

ExactlyJeff!

That and poor programming (ie teller cheapo reality shows or game shows) is why we no longer watch free to air commercial channels

Same here!

Another annoying thing in the UK is that the volume for ads often goes up so you finish up having to reach for the volume control. (Good reason for recording stuff so you can fast forward.)

Graham

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 10:14 AM

tournedos:

Sal:

Well, I looked at the third pic and wondered how it manages not to keel over and and land on its face.

Still, it doesn't look nearly as dangerous as a BV1 on a high pole did, and I guess those were considered safe. 

The BV1/BC1 on a pole has an awful lot of heavy cast iron in the bottom of the stand, and I would guess that the New Avant does too.

Having said that I've always thought that it wouldn't take too much effort to topple my BC1.

Graham

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,632
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 1:11 PM

Don't worry! The stand base is 60 kg. To move the TV 10 cm I had to remove the screen from the stand and my brother in law had to help me to move the stand. No possibility for TV and stand to fell. The TV mounting screws would break before it happened.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 3:48 PM

vikinger:

elephant:
Jeff:

Jeff

ExactlyJeff!

Same here!

Another annoying thing in the UK is that the volume for ads often goes up so you finish up having to reach for the volume control. (Good reason for recording stuff so you can fast forward.)

Graham

Although the volume of commercials over here is not supposed to be louder than the show, the rule is written so it's the peak volume of the show, so if the show is 99% people talking at home and 1% car chase with automatic weapons and explosions, guess what the volume of the commercials are synced to? That plus they play modulation games.

I suck it up and watch Dr. Who and a few shows, but I do so by DVR'ing them and skipping the commercials. Makes life a lot more pleasant.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

Roger
Top 200 Contributor
Norway
Posts 417
Bronze Member
Roger replied on Tue, Sep 9 2014 7:13 AM

Anyone that has compared the 85" to the 55" yet?

I am still not blown away by the 55" ability to reproduce 720p, and to my eyes the blacks are close to perfect and the white is very crisp (with a touch of blue, as always with B&O) - but dark grey? Nope. Set up the 7-55 mk2 last night and this is an example of how to reproduce dark grey - and combine that with a more natural motion of moving objects and you have a picture that the Avant should have improved on IMHO. But reading the specs for the 85" brings new hope if they use the same panel for the 75" - time to save up for Xmas I guess:

85" 16:9 TFT LCD direct type LED backlight, local dimming divided into 240 zones of 4 LED's in each zone in total 960 LED, 100/120 Hz scanning backlight

Roger

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Tue, Sep 9 2014 9:04 AM
Roger:

Anyone that has compared the 85" to the 55" yet?

I am still not blown away by the 55" ability to reproduce 720p, and to my eyes the blacks are close to perfect and the white is very crisp (with a touch of blue, as always with B&O) - but dark grey? Nope. Set up the 7-55 mk2 last night and this is an example of how to reproduce dark grey - and combine that with a more natural motion of moving objects and you have a picture that the Avant should have improved on IMHO. But reading the specs for the 85" brings new hope if they use the same panel for the 75" - time to save up for Xmas I guess:

85" 16:9 TFT LCD direct type LED backlight, local dimming divided into 240 zones of 4 LED's in each zone in total 960 LED, 100/120 Hz scanning backlight

Roger

The 55" uses edge lit which we already know can't compete with backlit panels.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

The 55" looks pretty small alongside the 85".

Quite amazing looking picture - even with a socalled HD picture from the tuner.

I guess you'll get used to the size of the speakers.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sat, Sep 13 2014 9:34 PM

Millemissen:

The 55" looks pretty small alongside the 85".

Quite amazing looking picture - even with a socalled HD picture from the tuner.

I guess you'll get used to the size of the speakers.

MM

On the 55" everything except 4K sources is rendered at full-hd resolution. Which means that everything will look a bit pixelated on a 85" if it is the same. Anyone knows? I am a bit curious about upgrading but I think I should hold off at least a year or so because of the early hardware. But I really don't need 85" in my living room, a projector is probably a better idea. Annoying :)

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Sep 14 2014 6:57 AM

Michael:
But I really don't need 85" in my living room

Neither do I !

However out of idle curiosity I measured the impact if I were to put it where the existing BV is .... it is huge !

And I notice that it does not have a table stand ... because it is to heavy for the motor to lift (as oppose to rotate) ?

BeoNut since '75

Marcello
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 213
Bronze Member
Marcello replied on Sun, Sep 14 2014 11:40 AM

With regards to the stand, there was a comment about it being too small in comparison to the 85" screen.

I think this is due to B&O's choice to use the same stand for all sizes. I think they should have used stands proportionally sized for each BV. For me, the huge size of the 55" stand is what prevented the purchase.

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,632
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Sun, Sep 14 2014 2:16 PM

elephant:

And I notice that it does not have a table stand ... because it is to heavy for the motor to lift (as oppose to rotate) ?

Should be no problem. The huge screens of BV4 are lifted by the stand. My guess is B&O believe the tables could be to weak for the load.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sun, Sep 14 2014 2:47 PM
The BV4 85" floor stand uses hydraulics and gas to help the small engines do the work easily. I doubt this can be fitted in a small table stand.

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,632
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Sun, Sep 14 2014 3:42 PM

Michael:
The BV4 85" floor stand uses hydraulics and gas to help the small engines do the work easily. I doubt this can be fitted in a small table stand.

OK. But I still believe it would be made if the designers wanted a table stand for the 85'er.

Are the stands identical? The pole is longer for the big brother, but are the rest unchanged? What's with the top of the pole on the pictures from Canada? No top plate and there are something else there. Looks like the head of an iron golf club sticking up.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Thinking a long long way ahead, I hope the 85 does get a table stand as watching the 55 rise up, to make way for the speaker was pretty cool. I'm impressed by the stand, but it just looked more balanced on a table.

Hopefully one day the 55 will get a panel with local dimming too.

Ryan
Not Ranked
Toronto, Canada
Posts 33
Bronze Member
Ryan replied on Mon, Sep 15 2014 3:40 AM

The thing sticking out of the back is someone's car key (audi?) that had a USB thumb drive attached and plugged into the set.

The man from B&O that I spoke to said the stand is thicker and heavier for the 85" model.

Daniel
Top 75 Contributor
Svinarp, Sweden
Posts 1,632
Bronze Member
Daniel replied on Mon, Sep 15 2014 8:48 PM

Ryan:

The thing sticking out of the back is someone's car key (audi?) that had a USB thumb drive attached and plugged into the set.

The man from B&O that I spoke to said the stand is thicker and heavier for the 85" model.

Thanks! I took a look at mine and realized it was above the easy access USB and HDMI. So guessed something like that.

Strange with the missing top plate.

Page 2 of 3 (92 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS