Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Apple TV plugging into a Beovision Avant 32 DVD TV

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Dcharrington
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
Dcharrington Posted: Sun, Aug 31 2014 9:43 PM

I have a Beovision Avant 32 DVD TV and am very happy with it. We bought an Apple TV device today though and I have now realised there is obviously no HDMI input port in the back of my TV. Can you advise me on what to do? Do you know which of the remaining ports it should go into and therefore what adaptor I need? I read on an apple forum that I may need to connect the audio separately. I appreciate this is an apple issue but I'm not sure how technically savvy they are about the Beovision technology. Many thanks

Dan

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sun, Aug 31 2014 10:29 PM

Hi there,

You'll need an HDMI to Scart converter box or HDMI to RCA box.

Please give these a try...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/eSynic-Digital-Composite-Converter-DVR-Blak/dp/B00HLDGVZC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

0 false 18 pt 18 pt 0 0 false false false

http://www.js-technology.com/store/product.php?id_product=42

SlyParma
Top 500 Contributor
Italy
Posts 127
Bronze Member

Is your BV7-32 HD?

Chaka
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago
Posts 312
Bronze Member
Chaka replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 11:11 AM

Earlier versions of apple TV have non HDMI outputs Normal plugs.  There are heaps of them on eBay.  You just need a RCA to Scart adapter.

Chaka
Top 500 Contributor
Chicago
Posts 312
Bronze Member

Apple TV 1

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,672
Gold Member
TWG replied on Mon, Sep 1 2014 3:03 PM

If the Avant can accept a component signal, you just need a rca component to scart adapter.

It the Avant only accepts s-video or composite you'll need a software hack to get a composite color signal out of a 1st generation Apple Tv !

With the recent Apple TV (3rd generation) the hdmi to scart/composite adapter should be suitable.

SlyParma
Top 500 Contributor
Italy
Posts 127
Bronze Member

Sorry... Avant 32 dvd... I understood bv7-32 dvd. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,680
Gold Member

Please do remember, that the ATV1 has no native support for AirPlay.

Since the op already has bought the ATV3, he'll need a converter solution.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Tue, Sep 2 2014 11:17 AM
I use a very inexpensive HDMI to Video converter like the one posted previously on my Avant 32 and it works surprisingly well.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

Dcharrington
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member

So sorry Dom: am just looking to buy the right hardware for my APPLE TV to Beovision Avant TV DVD and still can't figure out what to get. You said I need the HDMI to Video converter  -what do they mean by video? Do you mean Scart/RCA...even then I'm not sure what it would look like - is it a cable with hdmi at one end, a box in the middle and another plug at the other end? This is a massive ask but could you possible take a photograph of what you have and/or add the model number so i can find it online? I'm so sorry to be such a pain, I am just no clearer on what to buy even after everyone has been so helpful!

Dan

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Sat, Sep 6 2014 2:28 PM

Hi there. This will definitely solve your problem.

You have the wonderful Apple TV now...

1. You will need a HDMI lead. You can buy these at your Apple store or even some supermarkets.

2. You will need a scary to scary lead.

3. Finally you will need a HDMI to scart box. This one will do nicely

http://www.amazon.co.uk/wikson-electronics-Composite-Converter-Adapter/dp/B00LNA07PY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410009819&sr=8-1&keywords=convert+hdmi+to+scart

4. That's it. Your Apple TV will work well with the Avant

Hope this helps,

Paul

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 631
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Sat, Nov 28 2015 2:42 PM

Hoping to resurrect this thread as I'm currently having difficulty with a similar issue.

Have 28" RF Avant with 4th Gen Apple TV.

ATV is connected through HDMI converter box with RCAs into V.Aux on Avant.

I get the picture fine but no sound. On the settings on the ATV I have it set to stereo but there are no settings on the ATV for PCM etc.

Anyone have any clues as to why no sound?

Many thanks

Ben

Ben_S
Top 150 Contributor
UK
Posts 631
Bronze Member
Ben_S replied on Sat, Nov 28 2015 2:53 PM

Audio Mode has been set at 16 Bit but I've tried basically all the (limited) settings on the new ATV menu with absolutely no luck.

silversmith
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member

Hi,

Wondering if you had any luck getting your 4th Gen Apple tv to work. I have a Beovision 5 and have tried two different types of converter- 

This-           http://www.amazon.co.uk/ESYNiC-Digital-Composite-Converter-Xbox360/dp/B00A6STNHM/ref=sr_1_25?ie=UTF8&qid=1451812678&sr=8-25&keywords=convert+hdmi+to+scart

and this:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Convert-Adapter-Converter-Support-AC280/dp/B015W8FQ9Y/ref=sr_1_35?ie=UTF8&qid=1451812749&sr=8-35&keywords=convert+hdmi+to+scart

Neither have worked.  I've also tried both of these with my Sky HD and can't get any picture or sound.  I'm running out of options. I don't want to get a new TV but it may be the only way forward.

jascon
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
jascon replied on Sat, Aug 27 2016 5:50 AM

Hi, I am new here and just been able to pick up a Avant 32 DVD player. I have successfully got my apple box working and free to air but the picture doesnt fill the screen. I am waiting on a controller from eBay. Is there a function on the remote to fox this. As its pretty small at the mo, so need it to fill the entire screen. Any ideas

Cheers 

vijian
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
vijian replied on Tue, Nov 1 2016 9:19 AM

I have a converter box which I have been using for the past few years. It's a Lindy converter which cost me £250

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS