Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

SkyHD on new Avant 55 - New software improvement?

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

jbrown77
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
jbrown77 Posted: Thu, Sep 11 2014 7:41 PM

New Avant owners - especially those with SKYHD, do you have any views yet on the new software? Specifically have the motion, panning and artifact issues improved ?

My initial Avant was returned and now about to push the button on a BV11. Before I did I'd like to see if any improvements were offered with the latest firmware release . Prefer to have the 55 Avant over a BV11 as it 'fits' better in the environment

Many Thanks in advance.

JoC
Not Ranked
Norn Iron
Posts 4
Bronze Member
JoC replied on Sun, Sep 14 2014 1:41 PM

I didn't know there was an update until I read this post yesterday, so, done an update (which took an eternity to complete), and watched the Liverpool/Villa match on SkySports....

I don't know if any of the "bug fixes" relate to issues with the motion or panning or artifacts, but I enjoyed the match (apart from the scoreline) and felt that it was very watchable, also watched the Ajax game this morning (on SkySports5), again no real issues to complain about...

BUT, I did a quick flick down some of the other Sky HD channels, and on SyFy they where showing 'Defiance', here there was a lot of artifacts when characters moved very quickly in fight sequences. Not pleasant. And then again some of the action movies on SkyMovies where very watchable.... Go figure...

Hope this kinda helps...

Joe.

quader
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 109
Bronze Member
quader replied on Sun, Sep 14 2014 2:58 PM

i noticed the the HD channels werenot better on the Avant the my BV7 MK3 but it seems ti be getting better so much that movies and programmed look awesome to watch, i would definnetly fo for the Avant

malcolm welborn
Top 500 Contributor
canary islands
Posts 188
Founder

i have a bv 11 with beolab 18 wirless speakers and sky hd when tv turned on bang and olufsen logo no longer going across the screen with the new software, also sky programme guide on a lot quicker.

when 18s first set up changing between speaker modes 5 second delay now only 2 second delay

find movies and sport good

malcolm welborn

jbrown77
Not Ranked
Posts 35
Bronze Member
jbrown77 replied on Sun, Sep 14 2014 7:33 PM

Thanks for feedback all. Plan is now to take sky box into dealer to fully test before deciding

mawheele
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 258
Bronze Member
mawheele replied on Mon, Sep 15 2014 5:10 PM
My flickering on startup now also gone on startup following most recent update. Visual quality varies dependant on HD channel. I find BBC1HD to be acceptable versus great. Sky1 is very good.

Don't expect this would be any better with a BV11 as the issues relate to the sky box and BS4 chassis- not the panel or related controllers.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS