Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

bs2300 and a beogram table and a pre amp---cable question

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

onnnnn
Not Ranked
Posts 31
Bronze Member
onnnnn Posted: Fri, May 11 2012 9:13 PM

Ok got the preamp for using a beogram with my bs2300--I know I need a 5din with rca plugs- going to order from b/o guy who advertises here--so I need more than the one as I will attach one to the turntable and than do I need one for the BS 2300? I did find a shortish 5 din on each end cable in the house---any use here for that?

Jonathan

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

Yes, you need another one for the output from the pre amp to the AUX on the 2300.

If you email steve@soundsheavenly (b/o guy who advertises here?)  and tell him what you want to do and what you've got, he will tell you exactly what you need , give you the price, supply post free and probably give you instructions as well!!

The DIN both ends cable is no good to you.

Regards Graham

onnnnn
Not Ranked
Posts 31
Bronze Member
onnnnn replied on Sat, May 12 2012 12:37 PM

graham many thanks

without folks like you I would be stuck---

Jonathan

onnnnn
Not Ranked
Posts 31
Bronze Member
onnnnn replied on Sat, May 12 2012 3:50 PM

Graham

Hi again,

I am just a wee bit confused so I need some clarification please.

You suggested I order 2 cables which I already did.

One set will plug into my B@2300 AUX with the RCA plugs going to the pre amp I just purchased as well. So where does the second cable go as the Beogram has a set DIN plug?

Regards,

Jonathan

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
Posts 4,188
Bronze Member

onnnnn:

Graham

Hi again,

I am just a wee bit confused so I need some clarification please. 

You suggested I order 2 cables which I already did.

One set will plug into my B@2300 AUX with the RCA plugs going to the pre amp I just purchased as well. So where does the second cable go as the Beogram has a set DIN plug?

Regards,

Jonathan

Your pre amp does not have a DIN socket to accept the cable from the beogram so............

You need one DIN female to RCA male for the input  connection from the beogram and you need one DIN  male to RCA male  for the output conection to the 2300.

This is why I suggested that you talk to steve@soundsheavenly first, before you make a *** up!!

Steve can supply exactly what you need by simply emailing him.

Regards Graham

onnnnn
Not Ranked
Posts 31
Bronze Member
onnnnn replied on Fri, May 18 2012 1:42 AM

Hi

Just wanted to say thanks for all your help--finally got my deck to play through my 2300 --its wonderful

Regards,

Jonathan

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS