Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Expert help needed for BeoMaster 5 boot failure

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Beoberg
Top 500 Contributor
Odense, Denmark
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beoberg Posted: Sun, Sep 14 2014 7:26 AM

I have just bought a used BS5/BM5 set. I descided to go for an instant upgrade and clone the HDD to a new SSD drive. Sadly, I now get the message "Boot failure. Insert system disc and press enter" when I boot both the original and the cloned SSD drive. I have been very careful not to format the original data on the standard HDD. However, I did not even try switching the system on before starting this process so I really don't know if the disc was dead on arrival. If I connect the original HDD to the computer I can the four partitions but there are only files in the first one. The others seem to be empty (!!). I cannot understand this as I was very carefull with making the orginal drive the source and the new drive the target. The files, however seem to be gone Sad I have tried to recover the disc but it cannot find any files to recover apart from files in the first partition. Even if I deep scan the drive it does not find anything whatsoever in the other three partitions.

Is it possible to imprint the image file from another BeoMaster 5 HDD to my HDD and then alter the serial number to match the one on my BM5?

Else I am afraid that the only solution is sending it in for repair at the B&O dealer.

BeoVision Eclipse 55, BeoPlay S8 (sub+rears), BeoPlay A9 MKII (living room), BeoVision Avant 32 DVD (retro gaming, basement), BeoLab 4000 (entertainment room, basement), BeoSound 8 (workshop), 2x BeoPlay S3 (PC), BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay H2/H3 (on the go)

Beoberg
Top 500 Contributor
Odense, Denmark
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beoberg replied on Sun, Sep 14 2014 4:20 PM

Does anybody have the system files as an .iso? That would be very helpful

BeoVision Eclipse 55, BeoPlay S8 (sub+rears), BeoPlay A9 MKII (living room), BeoVision Avant 32 DVD (retro gaming, basement), BeoLab 4000 (entertainment room, basement), BeoSound 8 (workshop), 2x BeoPlay S3 (PC), BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay H2/H3 (on the go)

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 389
Bronze Member
MartinW replied on Tue, Sep 16 2014 2:39 PM
Hi Frederik, i would be happy to refer it to B&O for you and get their expert opinion on how to restore it? There are a few different versions available, if you can PM me the serial number of the BeoMaster 5 i will send your query straight over to Denmark?
Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,578
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Tue, Sep 16 2014 4:46 PM

How did you proceed with the cloning? If you did not do any adjustment to the original drive it seems like the fault was already there but you might have done something without even realizing it perhaps? 

The message you get is a common boot failure message on PC´s so I would check that all cables are connected as they where. Since I don't have access to your data I can't say if the data is there or if it is anything else on the drive. 

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

nico vercammen
Top 500 Contributor
Elversele, Belgium
Posts 174
Bronze Member

Hi Frederik,

may be you converted the disk by accident from basic disk to dynamic disk..
There will be no data loss, but the disk will not boot anymore  

I now some partitioning/copy softwares will ask you this question when you connect a disk.
It is very easy to press enter twice with this as a result ..
When the disk is changed to dynamic, it will not boot anymore   ...
With a software called partition magic you can convert it back from dynamic to basic.

I suggest you try it first on the ssd ... :-)

this link will tell you some more

http://www.partitionwizard.com/help/convert-dynamic-disk-to-basic-disk.html

http://www.partition-tool.com/easeus-partition-manager/convert-dynamic-disk-to-basic-disk.htm

Also, make may be some pictures how the system sees your disk in bios setting. 
When you connect for example a USB disk or CDROM  for extra storage or cd drive on the BM5 it can happen the bios pointed this as boot device, and then you will have also the error "no boot device"
In bios you can see and eventually modify boot order 

best regards

nico

Beoberg
Top 500 Contributor
Odense, Denmark
Posts 315
Bronze Member
Beoberg replied on Wed, Sep 17 2014 6:01 AM

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your answers! I tried running a very thorough deep scan of the files in the original harddrive but it found only files in the small first partition. All other partitions were wiped clean Unsure.

I sent it to my local dealer yesterday. He promised me to install new software directly onto the SSD Wink

I am so looking forward to using the system! I really don't know how it could end this badly as I only used the cloning tool.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS