Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Dirigent / Bandmaster question

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member
the_o_master Posted: Wed, Oct 1 2014 10:55 AM

Hi guys,

As I said before in the other post, there are very few more "B&O Oldies" which I want to collect, before my hoby goes to Stand-By. One of them is a Dirigent / Bandmaster 609/610. At the moment there is one relative nice specimen on the Bay:

Link-Dirigent

Before I make a decision to bid or not, I wanted to ask you if those knobs are original?

I think I saw those type of knobs earlier and I think it is oft seen on the "updated" 610 version, but I am not sure. On the picture in the "Products" section of BW they look different, more similar (or same) as the knobs of the Beolab 608 and Minette 609/610.

Probably Martin can tell the "whole truth" about the knobs but of course any other experienced Vintage-Funs / Collectors are welcome to help me.

Thank in advance,

Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Wed, Oct 1 2014 11:30 AM

There is this one too - not working.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331330223916?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

My Dirigent has the slightly tapered knobs (with one straight one which is non-original).  The ones in the picture you're watching look the same as mine.

The ones on the Products pages have the darker grey insert at the front but over a 4 year period it is possible B&O used alternative knobs as they were available on other models.

Knobs can usually be sourced so I wouldn't worry too much about that.  The Dirigent's don't come up that often for sale.

Dave.

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member

My 610K has the same simpler (and more stylish if you ask me) knobs and the 108 MHz scale as that Austrian 610.

--mika

the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 856
Bronze Member

Dave Farr:

There is this one too - not working.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331330223916?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

My Dirigent has the slightly tapered knobs (with one straight one which is non-original).  The ones in the picture you're watching look the same as mine. The ones on the Products pages have the darker grey insert at the front but over a 4 year period it is possible B&O used alternative knobs as they were available on other models.

Thanks Dave, good find!

Than I think it can be said that those knobs are original.

Knobs can usually be sourced so I wouldn't worry too much about that.  The Dirigent's don't come up that often for sale.

Hmmm, I am not sure about that. Few times I tried to get some knobs for my oldies (Master de Luxe 608, Mini 607  Present, BEO610) and it was not that simple. Not even Martin can always help on this issue as some of these knobs are very rare.  Actually hardy ever those devices are butchered for the spare parts, almost every time they are repaired and restored.

tournedos:

My 610K has the same simpler (and more stylish if you ask me) knobs and the 108 MHz scale as that Austrian 610.

Thanks Mika, one more vote for genuine knobs Wink

Unfortunately the second one is not "Austrian 610" but "German 609", with no worldwide shipping ("Versand nach: Deutschland"). But the device is not in bad shape, I would say.Maybe I should contact the seller....

Thanks to both of you!

BR, Theomaster

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS