Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beocord 1500 deluxe reel to reel

rated by 0 users
This post has 31 Replies | 3 Followers

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member
psypopsicle Posted: Wed, Oct 1 2014 3:14 PM

Hello everyone!

Long story short, Im a Visual effects student currently working on my showreel. I need to make a 3d model of something for my product shot. I chose Beocord 1500 deluxe, because it looks great and has a lot of materials that I could try to replicate in 3d program. The problem is, I cant find good enough pictures of it. To make it realistic in 3d I need photos of it from all the views and angles, so my question is:

Is there anyone out here who owns this beautiful machine and wouldnt mind to take a couple of shots for me? I could only find a perfect top view shot on the internet, but nothing else. What I really need is 90 degree frontal and side view so I cant model it perfectly in 3d.

This would be an enormous help for me,

Thanks in advance if you are considering it

(Beocord 2000, 2400 will do as well, as they have similar frontal,side views)

Julia

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

I have a 2000, looking good, I will post pics this evening Mextime, if you massage me with your mail I can even mail in high resolution

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Hurey! Thanks for a super quick reply! My email is coming to you!

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

your mail please

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Here goes with the pics I can show here on the forum, if you want better resolution, mail me from here 

I must warn you now, if you continue to visit this forum you are in danger of being infected with the BeoVirus, the BeoVirus will cause you to start buying vintage B&O products, collecting, restoring, using and loving the same, there is no known cure for the BeoVirus.

Right click and select view image, to see full size

Top pic

Right side

Left side

Front

Back

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Aaaaah, this is better then I ever expected! Supeeerb! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Beautiful!

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

hmm, I went on your profile page and send a message to you with my email. You did get one? I will try again. Although these lovely images here are quite lovely in resolution. Oh, you have no idea what a huge help this is for my modeling!

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

No mail what so ever, but if the pics are OK like this lets leave it there, if not try this one mexnielsen@gmail.com and dont be a stranger now, tel us about and how your project  comes along. And we love pics

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member

Yes please to pictures or a story of this project.  Anything related to B&O or tech related with even a hint of a link to B&O and we are interested.

Dave.

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Definitely! I owe you at least that much. Modeling this one will take a while, but I wont give up until it looks EXACTLY the same as the real one! Now that I have all this photos it shouldn't be a problem!

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Thailand 5560 miles from Struer
Posts 363
Bronze Member

Hi Julia, the send a message function isn't working but if you go back to the profile page and click start a conversation that works fine

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

OK, here is a little progress snap. It is actually a lot harder to get all the details then I thought, but working through it! 

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Fri, Oct 10 2014 1:09 PM

A very good start! I can for one imagine the sheer difficulty of the job.

Jacques

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

Very good start Popsicle, keep up the good work, it is going to be just beautiful, if you need detail pics, just tell us and you get them

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Fri, Oct 10 2014 3:11 PM

psypopsicle:

OK, here is a little progress snap. It is actually a lot harder to get all the details then I thought, but working through it! 

Looking good. If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing and wouldn't give you a sense of fulfilment!

Dave.

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
Posts 3,793
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Oct 10 2014 3:41 PM

Cool project! I can well appreciate the level of difficulty, I used to work in the visual simulation world. We would have to make at least four models of every vehicle, to be used at different distances from the viewer. Farther away models would have lower levels of detail to save the image generator from having to crunch numbers and render details that wouldn't be visible anyway.

I remember the year Viewpoint Data Labs did their 1 Million Polygon tank, it was a Soviet T72 rendered with over a million polygons, and it was gorgeous, even down to the casting texture on the turret and rifling in the barrel. Used to have a big poster of it on the wall at work.

Good luck, you're off to a good start, and as others say we all would love to see it as you progress.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Oh wow, it must have taken ages to render. My Beocord here has reached just 21000 polygons luckily!

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Oh wow, it must have taken ages to render. My Beocord here has reached just 21000 polygons luckily!

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Thanks everyone for good words, it is really motivating to keep on going. Here is another progress shot. I would say the modeling part is done (some minor fixes here and there of course) and it is time to make this one alive by adding some textures to it. Looking at the photos I can try to guess what kind of materials it is made of, but Im not too sure and to make it as realistic as possible, I kinda have to be sure. So question is, can someone name the materials the parts are made of? I can clearly see the wooden part of course, but for example the lower black part is..plastic..or some metal? Also the black panel part with switches and buttons? Is it some metallic material too?

I tried to google this one, but the best asnwer I found was "various materials"...

A huge thanks in advance, as always

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Thanks everyone for the good words! It is really motivating to keep going with this. Here is another progress shot. I would say modeling is almost done, so it is time to put some materials on! it is not too clear from photos, what is it made of, so I need a little help from you guys again. For example, what is the black bottom part made of (under the wooden part). Is it plastic or metallic? I tried to google this, but the best answer was "various materials"....

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member
Dave Farr replied on Wed, Oct 22 2014 9:57 AM

Looking really good, I'm enjoying this project.

All of my BC's have a matt black plastic undrneath.  I don't see that this BC would be any different but I'm sure Soren (with the original pictures) can chip in if it's different.

Keep going.

Dave.

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Wed, Oct 22 2014 10:12 AM

Great work! 

Just a detail: the top plate over the command panel is a thin steel sheet. There should be no depth to it.

Jacques

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Oh no. But Im not sure which part you are talking about...?

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Oh no. But Im not sure which part you are talking about...?

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Wed, Oct 22 2014 12:52 PM

The black command panel, with all its buttons and levers. 

Jacques

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

ooooh! Got it now. Thanks for the tip!

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

chartz:

The black command panel, with all its buttons and levers. 

Like this

And not like thisLaughing

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

psypopsicle:
what is the black bottom part made of (under the wooden part). Is it plastic or metallic? I tried to google this, but the best answer was "various materials"....

The black "skirt" is made of wood, painted black, medium mate (not glossy), bottom cover (not visible) made of black plastic. If you need a pic, I can make one

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Oh, ok, so I have to fix this before I get something more wrong. But before I do that, lets make sure, that I get the right parts right. I have a picture here, would you mind writing what materials are the A B C parts made of? Because I have to be honest, I am a bit lost in your terminology, I guess I need and actual Beocord now to get things righ Smile

And once again, you guys have no idea how much you are helping me out here!

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Tue, Oct 28 2014 9:32 PM

A: pressed steel, painted black

B: pressed steel, hammered paint

C: black painted wood

Jacques

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,411
Bronze Member

chartz:

A: pressed steel, painted black Satin (medium matte)

B: pressed steel, hammered paint light gray

C: black painted wood Black satin

Edited a little Jacques (sorry)

psypopsicle
Not Ranked
Posts 15
Bronze Member

Awesome! Thanks a lot everyone!

Page 1 of 1 (32 items) | RSS