Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Need help with beovision 3 setup.

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Bundy
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
Bundy Posted: Mon, May 14 2012 1:18 PM

Hi

I am trying to set up min Beovision 3-32 to handle two set top bokses and a DVD. One is an satellite receiver, one is a TVIX boks and a B&O DVD1. 

The satellite receiver is in the decoder slot, the TVIX is in the AV slot and the DVD1 is in the V.tape slot.

I have 2 IR-blaster an at normal mini.jack spitter. 

My problem:

I can not get the the Beo 4 to control the TVIX. The sat is fine, set to STB(DTV), and the DVD also, but the TVIX is set to STB(V.AUX) but that does not work.

Any ideas?

Brgds Mogens

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Mon, May 14 2012 1:33 PM

Is the STB splitter the B&O one?

Do the IR emitters light up at the appropriate time when viewed through a mobile phone camera?  If not, the IR lead/splitter or emitter could be at fault.

The set up is exactly the same as mine which works well - I'll check which TV connections I use when I get home from work, but what you describe sounds fine.

hfat
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 663
Bronze Member
hfat replied on Mon, May 14 2012 2:28 PM

A standard mini jack splitter doesn't work. You have to get the IR-splitter from B&O.

hfat

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Posts 3,972
Founder
Beobuddy replied on Mon, May 14 2012 3:08 PM

The setup should be:

Vtape: STB-DTV, satellite decoder

AV: DVD1

Decoder: STB-VAUX, TVIX

Why? Both the satelite and the DVD supports RGB for better picture quality.

Decoder scart supports only compositevideo (and the TVIX only has composite and/or the not supported component)

The ir-splitter looks like an stereo headphone-jack. The top ring is STB-DTV and the second middle ring is STB-VAUX.

Both (DTV and VAUX) get the same ground from the stereo-jack ground.

Bundy
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
Bundy replied on Mon, May 14 2012 4:04 PM

Hi

Thank you wary much. As I see it first thing for me is to get the correct B&O splitter, and next to rearrange the sockets on the back of the Beovision 3.

Mogens

Bundy
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
Bundy replied on Mon, May 14 2012 11:03 PM

Hi again

I am having a little trouble setting it up at suggested. It seems that STB V.AUX will not stay on decoder. Every time I set it up it changes to V.AUX, and therefor I can't control the TVIX with the Beo4 remote.

Mogens

Bundy
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
Bundy replied on Tue, May 15 2012 12:43 PM

Hi

I went to the local Beo store, and they told me a standard minijack splitter would do, it isn't  working for me, but should I insist on getting the org. B&O splitter? The part number 6174171 is now replaced by another number and on the picture they showed me it looked like at normal minijack.

Mogens

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Tue, May 15 2012 4:35 PM

A standard minijack does not work.  I bought the correct B&O one by mail order a few months ago - cost about £15 and here's a copy of the paperwork:

Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member

Hi,

I also tried a standard splitter but it did not work.

As soon as I put in the B&O splitter it worked perfectly.  Once you get the B&O pack You should have two emitters (your original one and a new one) plus your splitter. One emitter has a silver coloured  plug and the other has a gold coloured plug and the splitter will have a silver socket and a gold socket.

Hope that helps

Stoobie

Bundy
Not Ranked
Posts 67
Bronze Member
Bundy replied on Tue, May 15 2012 6:30 PM

Thanks for the super service. The part number on the paper is the same as the dealer told me was the new part number of the Y-splitter. He just didn't know it is different from a normal minijack splitter.

I will order tomorrow.

Mogens

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS