Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Refitting frets to beolab 6000 speakers?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

dlmorley
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
dlmorley Posted: Thu, Oct 16 2014 1:05 PM

Hi all. I just bought an ouverture with a set of 6000 speakers and the previous owner had removed the frets. Is there an easy way to refit them as I have no idea what to do! 

Any thoughts on how to approach this would be great! Thanks, David. 

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

On the speakers itself, there are some small groves and plastic hangers that the fret will slide into.

Put the fret onto the speaker about 2 cm up, then push the fret against the speaker while sliding it down.

Possible issues:

-fret might be bent (try to bend it back into the half-circle form it should have)

-plastic hinges might be broken off

If you are not able to fit them, you can simply use black rubber bands on the top and bottom to hold the fret to the speaker.

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

dlmorley
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Bronze Member
dlmorley replied on Fri, Oct 24 2014 5:29 PM

Thanks for the response and sorry for being slow. Busy times last week...

I will try this later tonight. The frets are indeed not as curved as they should be..

Thaks again

David

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Fri, Oct 24 2014 9:24 PM

Leosgonewild:

On the speakers itself, there are some small groves and plastic hangers that the fret will slide into.

Put the fret onto the speaker about 2 cm up, then push the fret against the speaker while sliding it down.

Possible issues:

-fret might be bent (try to bend it back into the half-circle form it should have)

-plastic hinges might be broken off

If you are not able to fit them, you can simply use black rubber bands on the top and bottom to hold the fret to the speaker.

Regarding the rubber bands to keep the fret in place is an excellent idea. It's quite a hassle to put them back, you need two pair of hands...

Brengen & Ophalen

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS