Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beolink 1000 MK1 Compatibility

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Howard
Not Ranked
London, UK
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Howard Posted: Sat, Oct 25 2014 9:53 PM

Good evening,

I have a Beolink 1000 MK1 remote that originally came with a Beovision LX2500 back in 1987-ish.

The issue I have is after recently selling the remote on eBay to a chap in France he is claiming it no longer works. However, he is trying to use it to control a Beocentre 9500 and an Overture - systems that didn't appear in Band and Olufsen's catalogue until 1994.

It worked fine with my Beovision MX1500 before I posted it, but I was wondering if a 1987 remote would actually be forward-compatible and work properly on a newer 1994 system.

Most probably it has broken due to being thrown about while in transit, in which case I can file a damages claim.
Many thanks!
Howard
Howard
Not Ranked
London, UK
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Howard replied on Sat, Oct 25 2014 9:59 PM

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

Tell him to look at the ir-sender through a phone camera and press a button. If he sees a light, it works :)

(might also be the option setting on his equipment)

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 25 2014 10:17 PM

Common issue for this remote is the battery compartment, probably oxidized or loose contact with the battery.

Brengen & Ophalen

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

Sorry, wrong info.

I have the same remote. It is this one: http://beocentral.com/vterminal
From what I can see, it only works with video sources. I am able to control my Beovision 7 with it, but not my beomaster 5500 :(

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

Leslie, there is no way to choose any audio equipment on that remote :(

I tried every possible combination. There is no "shift" button on it :(

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Sat, Oct 25 2014 10:31 PM

We're discussing the Beolink 1000 remote right?

Brengen & Ophalen

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
Posts 13,191
Founder
Dillen replied on Sat, Oct 25 2014 10:41 PM

Beolink 1000 will operate both audio and video but I think, the actual one is a Video Terminal like the one
pictured above - for video only.

Martin

Howard
Not Ranked
London, UK
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Howard replied on Sun, Oct 26 2014 8:49 AM

Many thanks for the replies, it looks like this little mystery has now been solved!

I always had a recollection that the remote being a bit of an odd one, but as the LX2500 went years ago I had completely forgotten about the lack of audio controls despite having visually compared it to a "real" Beolink 1000!

I've checked back over the eBay listing and I had actually described it correctly, so it looks like the buyer now has a nice paperweight!

"Bang and Olufsen Video Terminal remote control. This is the first type of this design, later named the Beolink 1000 and came with the LX2500 and LX2800. I've tested the basic functions and it works fine."

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,700
Silver Member
Carolpa replied on Sun, Oct 26 2014 10:46 AM

Howard:

Many thanks for the replies, it looks like this little mystery has now been solved!

I always had a recollection that the remote being a bit of an odd one, but as the LX2500 went years ago I had completely forgotten about the lack of audio controls despite having visually compared it to a "real" Beolink 1000!

I've checked back over the eBay listing and I had actually described it correctly, so it looks like the buyer now has a nice paperweight!

"Bang and Olufsen Video Terminal remote control. This is the first type of this design, later named the Beolink 1000 and came with the LX2500 and LX2800. I've tested the basic functions and it works fine."

actually to be completely correct:

B&o started with the Beolink 1000 family with a separate Video Terminal, an Audio Terminal and an AV Terminal.

The first was only for Video the second only for Audio. They still can be used, but only as intended. The AV Terminal was the first remote for both audio and video. All were replaced by the Beolink 1000 mkI

the three in the middle are an Audio and two Video Terminals (only two rows on top). The both with the small display on top are the AV terminal. The other are several types of Beolink 1000 (and the rest)

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 2,373
Bronze Member

I find you lack of control disturbing ;)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS