Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 10 update

rated by 0 users
This post has 18 Replies | 3 Followers

LifeStyle
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
LifeStyle Posted: Wed, May 16 2012 7:18 PM

Will there be an update for the BV 10 this year? Someone supposed at the "Beovision 10 Sale" thread that the Beovision 10 will get a new chassis just like the Beoplay tv. Can we expect also other improvements, maybe 3D?

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
Posts 4,220
Bronze Member
koning replied on Wed, May 16 2012 7:38 PM

I've been told end of the year, 3D i don't know.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, May 16 2012 8:53 PM

My dealer claims the BV10 won't go 3D as B&O do not believe the 46" panel is large enough to view 3D effectively. No doubt it will get the same chassis as the V1 this year. Whether it's worth holding off on a purchase for this chassis, is another matter. Remember, there's always newer/better technology around the corner - Ultra HD, OLED and so on. If you wait another 6 months, you might as well wait another 6 months for the next update and then another 6 months...

KingOfSnake
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Bronze Member

Hi, was it a mistake then to launch the 7-40 with 3D assuming that has a smaller screen than a 10-46?Hmm

LifeStyle
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
LifeStyle replied on Wed, May 16 2012 9:14 PM

The BV 7-40 is now available with 3D so why not the BV 10-40 / 46? If it's worth waiting for an update like this or not depends on what improvements will come, if its not 3D what will it be else?

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, May 16 2012 9:24 PM

KingOfSnake:

Hi, was it a mistake then to launch the 7-40 with 3D assuming that has a smaller screen than a 10-46?Hmm

Good point. But that's what my dealer said when I asked about a BV10 update the other day. Clearly forgot there's a BV7-40 3D and I didn't notice either. He said we'd never see a B&O 3D screen under 55" :)

Maybe he was trying to imply that B&O don't see 3D as worthwhile on anything less than the BV7-55.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
I'm watching my 10-46 as I write, and my only criticism is that for £9,000 they could have at least made it 3d. It's not something I seek to be honest but after walking round Currys and seeing a £500 LG passive 3d demo which to be frank was amazing. My kids would certainly have used it a lot .

It's the only thing, and fairly peripheral to be honest. Don't need a HD module but a built in Blu Ray player would for me make it an Avant equivalent(I have a Beolab 11!!!) MacBook Pro style insert subtly added on the side.

Rioja time :-)

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

PhilLondon
Top 50 Contributor
London
Posts 3,637
Bronze Member
PhilLondon replied on Wed, May 16 2012 10:37 PM

moxxey:
If you wait another 6 months, you might as well wait another 6 months for the next update and then another 6 months...

I would agree in general when you don't exactly know when and what the next feature is about, but the V1 chassis has some very interesting features, unfortunately it lack Masterlink. But when/if the BV10 gets all the features of the V1, plus Masterlink, I might get tempted!

TV technology evolves very quickly, so getting a newly released model gives keeps your TV fresh for a bit longer!

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, May 16 2012 10:48 PM

Chris Townsend:
It's the only thing, and fairly peripheral to be honest. Don't need a HD module but a built in Blu Ray player would for me make it an Avant equivalent(I have a Beolab 11!!!) MacBook Pro style insert subtly added on the side.

A couple of points though - firstly the Blu-ray player would take one of the HDMI ports (the BV7's implementation is a bit of a kludge). Also, The MacBook Pro's are rumoured to be ditching the optical drives in the next revision, due next month. Reason? Few people use them.

I have around 75 Blu-ray movies. My Blu-ray player isn't even connected up. The HDMI cable broke on the Apple TV, so I switched over the one from the Blu-ray player. Never missed it. Now I stream all my movies instead. I'm half-tempted to buy a portable Blu-ray player and rip some of my most important movies to the NAS drive.

Blu-ray drives are so yesterday. Blu-rays are way too expensive as a format. Amazon.co.uk often ask £17 for a recent release. I barely watch movies more than twice. For £4.50 I can rent a 1080p movie via the Apple TV. Rented the new Sherlock Holmes movie last night and the picture was stunning.

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 389
Bronze Member
MartinW replied on Wed, May 16 2012 10:50 PM
The V1 chassis does not have ML therefore i don't think it will ever be part of an ML capable product - so i don't think the Bv10 chassis will change. The only reason the BV7-40 has 3D i believe is because the Beosystem 3 chassis was updated for the 55", BV12 and home cinema use, therefore it got it almost by default (albeit with an update to the screen too)
Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Wed, May 16 2012 11:34 PM

Moxxey,

Thanks for that regarding Blu-Ray   i keep putting off buying a Blu-Ray player as i'm truly scared it's a dead format.  I use iTunes for everything, so i'm going to take your advice and start buying HD films. I bought one of my Best Friends a SONY blu-ray player for a wedding present two years ago and the little tinker told me that he's never used it  hmmmmm    he downloads everything!

Guys, i'd totally forgotten about 3D!!!

KingOfSnake
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Bronze Member

LOL, I thought you would like my cheeky reminder - maybe your Dealer forgot about the 7-40 3D...... because he hasn't sold any.

Trust me, press your Dealer for what he isn't telling you what is in line for the 10-40 mk3..........

3d and 1080p for that matter is more impressive the larger the screen format, but then again who would pay £10k+ for a 40 that doesn't feature the 3D capability.

I have had a 3D TV for 18 months now, I watched it in 3D once, it was ok.

Flappo
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 850
Bronze Member
Flappo replied on Thu, May 17 2012 9:09 AM

I quite agree regarding 3d , we've had a couple of projectors with 3 d and even with a big screen I have to say - whats the point of it ?

TBH i don't like the effect at all . 3d comes over as a use once never again gimmick , nothing more

Also agree about Blu ray being a pointless format , I've got dozens of the useless things and much prefer Itunes for watching films - so much more convenient and the quality on the new hd d/ls is pretty impressive !

MartinW
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 389
Bronze Member
MartinW replied on Fri, May 18 2012 12:33 AM
KingOfSnake:

who would pay £10k for a 40 that doesn't feature the 3D capability.

I have had a 3D TV for 18 months now, I watched it in 3D once, it was ok.

presumably all the people that realise after all the fuss of 3D they will watch it once and think its ok!
beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member

and that is what I was trying to explain in another thread about the technology and the premium brands. 

What is the point having 3D TV if you'll never watch movies in 3D! Many premium brands offering 3D TV but can anybody tell me how many more tvs they have sold because of 3D?

During my last visit to my dealer he also told me that BV 10 will be updated end of this year. However, he did not confirm me about the ML! B&O will loose customers if they'll not use ML connection on new BV10. That is my personal oppinion. 

Beovision Avant 55 / BV 11-40 / BV7-40 / Beovision Avant / Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 Encore / Beosystem 4500 / Beosystem 6500 / Beocenter 9000 / Beolab 5000 / Beolab 18 / Beolab 19 / Beolab 11 / Beolab 17 / 3 sets of Beolab 4000 / Beovox Red Line 60.2 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 5,359
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, May 18 2012 7:28 AM

beopiranha:

During my last visit to my dealer he also told me that BV 10 will be updated end of this year. However, he did not confirm me about the ML! B&O will loose customers if they'll not use ML connection on new BV10. That is my personal oppinion. 

I couldn't use my BC6-23 in the other room without ML. The only possible picture is via the BV10, through ML. Without it, the BC6-23 is a dead product or I'd need an external Freeview box (which I want to avoid).

Rikard
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 218
Bronze Member
Rikard replied on Fri, May 18 2012 7:35 AM

ML is one of the big pros for B&O, with ML I can use my tv and BC2 with the same speakers, without ML I need to have double setup of speakers.. 

RussR
Not Ranked
Posts 63
Bronze Member
RussR replied on Fri, May 18 2012 12:57 PM

I see 2 things going on in this thread that I wish to address:

1)  A lot of us seem to be saying that B&O are foolish for not offering 2 feature in their 'entry level' V-1 which most of us agree that we don't need anyway.  The argument goes "But at $xxx, everyone else on the market has it!"  How about the things that the V-1/40 (and BV-10 40/46) does have?  Do any of the 'competitors' include speakers that sound anywhere near those in the 40/46?  Could you bear to listen to music through them for even a minute?  5.1 surround processor?  Anything at all like the PUC?  3 year warranty?  I don't know the EU marketplace, so please enlighten me.  Celebrate what we do have, eh?

2)  The V-1 doesn't have ML, and the purported update to the BV-10 would drop it.  Disaster!!  How many here remember the introduction of the BeoSound 4000?  No support for MCL!!  No DataLink!!  Disaster!!  In less than 2 years we had both the ML>MCL converter AND the 'New" BeoLink converter.   We did lose DataLink for good though.  Given their history, and the ML Gateway sitting on the shelf already, don't you think it...just...might...be possible that something is coming along to solve this issue?  In time for the V-1 launch, obviously not.  The purported BV-10 update?  No one knows.  Nothing concrete has been said, just hints and sly winks.  They're making a new omelet, going to break a few eggs; I'm thinking there's something in the mise en plas waiting to be added.

But, we'll see

Russ

We kid because we love.

beopiranha
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
Posts 125
Bronze Member

Russ,

you can also add "motorised Stand" to your list which is a great feature.

Beovision Avant 55 / BV 11-40 / BV7-40 / Beovision Avant / Beosound 9000 / Beosound 5 Encore / Beosystem 4500 / Beosystem 6500 / Beocenter 9000 / Beolab 5000 / Beolab 18 / Beolab 19 / Beolab 11 / Beolab 17 / 3 sets of Beolab 4000 / Beovox Red Line 60.2 

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS