Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Vertical lines on BV5

rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger Posted: Thu, May 17 2012 1:05 PM

Turned the BV5 (SD) on today and was presented with lots of thin vertical lines of different colours. Could still hear the sound from the channel on the Freeview STB. Switched to the skybox: just the same, could hear the channel but no picture, just vertical lines.

Turned everything off and started again. Picutre returned as normal.

I assume that this was some sort of glitch in the TV rather than with a STB. It's gone for now, but does this indicate possible problems in the future?

Graham

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,422
Gold Member
vikinger replied on Fri, May 18 2012 9:43 AM

Never happened to anyone else with a B&O plasma?

Looking at the Panasonic forums, had this been a permanent fault it looks like it could have been a board module, screen or ribbon cable problem. Poor factory soldering also seems to lead to faults.

Most faults appear not to be multiple vertical lines with no picture: most are a few lines (thin to wide to 1/4 screen) with the picture being visible on what's left of the screen. There also seems to be a common Panasonic complaint that it's cheaper to buy a new TV than to get a replacement screen (and fault diagnosis is often a progressive substitution starting with lowest cost board working up to the screen.) Maybe the B&O module suitcase approach is the right one after all!

Graham

digi
Not Ranked
Bremen
Posts 75
Bronze Member
digi replied on Fri, May 18 2012 10:44 AM

Hallo Vikinger,

i know this problem of my old BV5 i've soled a few weeks ago. The problem occurred only a few times a year. But switching the tv off and on again always solved this problem. The tv had this phenomenon for several years and usually works fine. Since the problem occurred only rarely, I've never asked a technician.

Digi

BV 14-55 mit BL 18, BL 8000, BL 2, BeoRemote One-BT, ATV 3; BS 9000 & BS Core & BS 4500 mit BL 12-3, BL 12-2, BeoLink 1000; BeoLine mit BC 2, BC 6000; BS 8; BeoVox CX100; BeoTime (analog), BeoTime (digital); Earphone A8; Beoplay H3 + P2

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS