Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram 8000 failure - arms lifts too slow

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Beogek
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Beogek Posted: Mon, Nov 3 2014 8:50 PM

I own a beogram 8000 which works very well except one thing. When I press pause, left or right, the arm used to snap up very fast. At a certain moment this snapping goes much slower, and often so slow that the stylus slides over the record… I think this is a mechanical failure but I don’t know how to fix it. I hope some one can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member

I replied to this yesterday but yet again, it's disappeared from the forum!

Sounds like a clean with IPA and relubrication of the pivot points are needed as the grease may have gunked things up a bit.

Upgrade to Silver or Gold for access to the service manual but this issue has been covered on the forum so if you do a search you'll find more info.

Dave.

Beogek
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Beogek replied on Wed, Nov 5 2014 10:07 PM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I did do a lot of searching on this forum but did not find a similar post regarding this particular problem on a beogram 8000. I have already downloaded a copy of the service manual but unfortunately I'm not able to find the 'pivot points' you're mentioning :-(

Can you please tell me where I can find these 'pivot points'. Do I need to dismantle the tone arm to get access to it?

Sorry for these 'stupid' questions but I have little experience with this wonderful beogram.

René

Beogek
Not Ranked
Posts 14
Bronze Member
Beogek replied on Tue, Nov 11 2014 8:19 AM

Dave,

I've followed your instructions to dismantle all the parts of the arm lift for cleaning. After putting things together and re-balancing the arm, the arm-up mechanism works again as it should be. Thanks again for your support!

Rene

chartz
Top 25 Contributor
Burgundy, France
Posts 4,171
Gold Member
chartz replied on Tue, Nov 11 2014 9:30 AM

And now you can support Beoworld!

Jacques

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS