Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Re-covering beolab 6000 grills

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Ronnie
Top 500 Contributor
Milton Keynes, UK
Posts 110
Bronze Member
Ronnie Posted: Thu, May 17 2012 7:56 PM

Hello there, 

My grills on my beolab 6000s are showing their age with holes and threads here and there and have decided it is time to recover them, I would also like to change them to white as i have seen them in person and look very nice.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience doing this, also I heard tights are the cheapest and best way to recover them is this right?

Your help would be much appreciated as I would like to get them looking nice as I am having a party on sunday and would be nice to show them off.

Thanks in advance!

rednik
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Bronze Member
rednik replied on Thu, May 17 2012 9:13 PM

Goto you dealer, and buy some new grills.  They are not expensive and if you allow an hour to botch it yourself, are probably cheaper than wasting your own time.

Ronnie
Top 500 Contributor
Milton Keynes, UK
Posts 110
Bronze Member
Ronnie replied on Thu, May 17 2012 9:29 PM

£170 for a couple of bits of metal and thin fabric is quite a lot to be honest, seeing as the metal parts of the grills on my beolabs are fine it only seems logical to replace the fabric myself, seeing as the speakers were over two grand in the first place.

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
Posts 751
Bronze Member
BeoIce replied on Thu, May 17 2012 9:30 PM

You may ask Darren of timeless-av.co.uk. They offer professional recover of your frets. They did mine too and they are great.

Regards

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK3, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500, LCS9000, BeoLab 11, BeoLab 7.2, BeoLab 7.1, Beolab 4 PC, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoSound 8, Beosound 2, BeoVision 7-40 MK2 , BeoVision 7-32 MK3, BeoVision 6-22, BeoVision 4-42, BeoMedia 1, BeoCom 4, BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5, BeoLink 4 & BeoTime

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Thu, May 17 2012 9:33 PM

Ronnie:

£170 for a couple of bits of metal and thin fabric is quite a lot to be honest, seeing as the metal parts of the grills on my beolabs are fine it only seems logical to replace the fabric myself, seeing as the speakers were over two grand in the first place.

You're right, do it yourself! Buy speaker cloths on Ebay. It's quite easy to do it yourself. I did quite a lot of those, the only thing you need is good quality double sided 3M transparent tape.

Brengen & Ophalen

Ronnie
Top 500 Contributor
Milton Keynes, UK
Posts 110
Bronze Member
Ronnie replied on Thu, May 17 2012 9:43 PM

Leslie:

Ronnie:

You're right, do it yourself! Buy speaker cloths on Ebay. It's quite easy to do it yourself. I did quite a lot of those, the only thing you need is good quality double sided 3M transparent tape.

Please could you point me to a good white speaker cloth on ebay that would be suitable?

Thanks

Ronnie
Top 500 Contributor
Milton Keynes, UK
Posts 110
Bronze Member
Ronnie replied on Thu, May 17 2012 9:43 PM

Leslie:

Ronnie:

Please could you point me to a good white speaker cloth on ebay that would be suitable?

Thanks

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Thu, May 17 2012 9:58 PM

Check Ebay for pure white or off white!

Don't spend to much money for things you can do yourself!

The green ones are the originals, blacks are mineSmile

Brengen & Ophalen

Ronnie
Top 500 Contributor
Milton Keynes, UK
Posts 110
Bronze Member
Ronnie replied on Thu, May 17 2012 10:44 PM

Great! Thanks very much. Looking forward to an improved looking pair of speakers.

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Thu, May 17 2012 10:48 PM

Thank me by showing pictures of the result (bad and good!) Big Smile

Brengen & Ophalen

Ronnie
Top 500 Contributor
Milton Keynes, UK
Posts 110
Bronze Member
Ronnie replied on Fri, May 18 2012 12:01 AM

No problem, will upload the finished result.

elms
Not Ranked
Posts 17
Bronze Member
elms replied on Fri, May 18 2012 3:01 PM

It's probably too late, but if you go to the store and buy some black stockings (pantyhose) it is literally the exact same material as the 6000 frets, really easy to work with, and conveniently already sized for the 6000s. AND people have two legs so you only need one box. Stick them on with hot glue on the back and you are good to go!

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
Posts 7,357
Bronze Member
tournedos replied on Fri, May 18 2012 3:31 PM

elms:
It's probably too late, but if you go to the store and buy some black stockings (pantyhose) it is literally the exact same material as the 6000 frets, really easy to work with, and conveniently already sized for the 6000s.

And you can select from a number of exciting patterns! Just make sure the seams are straight Big Smile

(Great idea, BTW.)

--mika

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
Posts 5,423
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Fri, May 18 2012 9:31 PM

elms:
buy some black stockings

But he wants white!

Brengen & Ophalen

RaMaBo
Top 150 Contributor
near Munich
Posts 626
Gold Member
RaMaBo replied on Mon, May 21 2012 2:25 PM

Leslie:

elms:
buy some black stockings

But he wants white!

okay, so get white pantyhose then. Do you remember "Schwanensee"?  Those ballet dancer pantyhose are white ;)

Ralph-Marcus

Ronnie
Top 500 Contributor
Milton Keynes, UK
Posts 110
Bronze Member
Ronnie replied on Mon, May 21 2012 3:25 PM

Sounds good, the cheapest and quickest way.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS