Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beovision 5 USA and appletv gen 1 working plug and play

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

papichullo
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Bronze Member
Just wanted to share a success story

I dusted off my old appletv gen 1

Software 3.02 build 714

Using component in upper input panel and digital optical sound in SAT of lower panel having programmed SAT via menu on bv5 for component.

Apple TV gen 1 registers 1080i to my surprise and works well with AirTunes and iphone remote app however as with others the iPad remote app doesn't register.

Note that AirTunes works and there is no Airplay out of the box for gen1 and thus no steamed video sound away from AppleTv but it can still act as a AirTunes speaker.

This was ( beyond telling the bv5 which spectrum to look for in the SAT input ) plug and play. The apple iphone remote app is seamless and wonderful. I do wish I could use the beo4 remote with the aTV but I am happy everything is still working and I can enjoy my music on my B&o

I shared this because I believed erroneously that the 1st generation appletv didn't support 1080 ..it does at least for me and shows up in the menus and settings properly.

Cheers

Will post screenshots later.
Stoobietoo
Top 150 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 692
Gold Member
Stoobietoo replied on Sun, Dec 28 2014 11:47 AM

papichullo:

I do wish I could use the beo4 remote with the aTV but I am happy everything is still working and I can enjoy my music on my B&o

You should be able to control your ATV1 with the Beo 4 via the STB controller in your TV.

I controlled my ATV1 from my Beo 4 via STB controller in my UK spec BV5 (with scart sockets). You have to plug in an IR emitter and then set the TV correctly in the TV menu. Unfortunately  I cannot remember the setting as I now have a Windows Media PC connected, but I think I connected it and set it to V-Aux. However when you have it set up you choose Apple Remote in the BV5 menu (there was a choice of 3 Apple) and I remember choosing Apple Remote as the others did not work. You have to ensure you have no apple remotes "paired" to the ATV and do not "pair" the STB emitter. (it seems pairing any remotes interferes with the BV5 being able to control it. The manual tells you how to unpair all remotes.) .

Hope this helps

Stoobie

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS