Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

Beogram RX- Stainless Steel Top Plate Unglued

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

DavidNYC
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
DavidNYC Posted: Sun, Nov 30 2014 7:57 PM

Hello Everyone- This is my first posting and I thank everyone for their assistance in advance-

I purchased a Beogram RX and the top stainless steel plate is no longer attached to the rest of the turntable plinth. Is there a special adhesive to use to glue it back or is there another correct way of attaching this? I see the stainless steel top plate has about 6 or 7 black circles on the bottom and the plinth has corresponding raised areas to match the top plate. BTW- I checked the archived posts and didn't see any reference to this before. Is this uncommon?

Also, the black rubber "grommets" which hold the counterweight to the tone arm no longer work-dried out. Is there a fix for this?

Any other refurbishing hints would be appreciated.

Thanks again

David

Dave Farr
Top 50 Contributor
France
Posts 2,283
Gold Member

Hi David,

more often than not it's just double sided sticky tape.  You should be able to remove the old tape with something like IPA or white spirit then use new tape.  Sometimes, thin velcro (hook and loop) has been used but that can leave the top raised too much.

For the rubber, you could try using a rubber restoring liquid that's used on cars to rejuvenate rubber pieces.  It restores elasticity in dried out rubber and makes it swell slightly to form better seals.

Clean and lubricate according to the service manual, set-up the tonearm likewise and if necessary, get the cartridge retipped.  At some point it's likely that capacitors will need replacement - kits are available from Member 'Dillen' but possibly not for the RX.

Dave.

DMacri
Top 100 Contributor
United States
Posts 881
Gold Member
DMacri replied on Mon, Dec 1 2014 11:49 PM
I don't know if it's the same configuration, but I found 3M double sided carpet tape worked perfectly on the Beogram TX loose top I repaired a few years ago.

Dom

2x BeoSystem 3, BeoSystem 5000, BeoSystem 6500, 2x BeoMaster 7000, 2 pair of BeoLab Penta mk2, AV 7000, Beolab 4000, BeoSound 4000, Playmaker, BeoLab 2500, S-45, S-45.2, RL-140, CX-50, C-75, 3x CX-100, 3x MCL2 link rooms, 3x Beolab 2000, M3, P2, Earset, A8 earphones, A3, 2x 4001 relay, H3, H3 ANC, H6, 2014 Audi S5 with B&O sound, and ambio 

DavidNYC
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
DavidNYC replied on Tue, Dec 2 2014 11:41 AM

Thank you both for your suggestions!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS