Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

H2 headphones

rated by 0 users
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
Chris Townsend Posted: Wed, Dec 10 2014 4:24 PM
I tried a pair of H2's on today and compared them to a pair of H6'.

They feel a lot firmer on the head and you could almost run with them on, they are that tight(I have a fat head) The firmness should negate noise leakage.

The sound is warner and bassier , which meant I didn't have to turn them up so loud compared to the H6's. The H6's although sounding more accurate , felt almost soulless compared. Distant and flat.

Money aside, I'd take the H2's. Yes - thumbs up

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Wed, Dec 10 2014 9:00 PM

"Something for the young at heart" is the headline on the latest Beoplay newsletter on the item about these headphones!

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Dec 10 2014 9:01 PM

What next? - dustbin subs for hatchbacks??

Ban boring signatures!

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Wed, Dec 10 2014 9:08 PM

Puncher:

More to the point, the "young at heart" must refer to people who'd put a dustbin liner in the sub thinking it's for refuse disposal; the more mature folk.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Wed, Dec 10 2014 9:52 PM
Agree with Chris.

2x H2 = 1x H6 Big Smile
Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,729
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Wed, Dec 10 2014 10:05 PM

BeoBoy68:
Agree with Chris.

2x H2 = 1x H6 Big Smile

Is that what he said?!Huh?

Ban boring signatures!

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Dec 10 2014 10:19 PM
Puncher:

Ban boring signatures!

Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Dec 10 2014 10:20 PM
Puncher:

Is that what he said?!

Ban boring signatures!

Two for one and twice as good ?

BeoNut since '75

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
elephant:

Two for one and twice as good ? The Essence of B&O is discretion in design and life

Probably, I guess it all depends on your taste of music listening. If you bomb round the house or listen whilst taking the dog for a walk, then the H2's would make more sense. I appreciate the extra bass and would feel that I wouldn't have to have them as loud as the H6's to appreciate the music.

I took them to be the cheaper junior option, a compromise. That's incorrect, they are a different type of headset for a different type of customer, who likes a different type of sound.

I like them.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Wed, Dec 10 2014 11:59 PM

Hi Chris,

I was listening to them in Harrods today. They're ok but they looked a bit ugly compared to the B&W and Sennheiser Momentum Mini's which are still my favourite. Sound was Ok.

Saw the Avant for the first time today along with the 85" and was left disappointed. To me, the plastic material around the screen and the aluminium looked very cheap compared to the BV11 which still looked outstanding. It only took me a second to see where the cost cutting had taken place with the Avant. I didn't think it was a pretty design which B&O should be. Sadly, I didn't like the flat sound of their bluetooth speaker thing - it was boring to listen to and univoving.

To me, it looks as though the David Lewis designs are taking a lot of beating! The BV11 looked in a different league compared to the Avant. Just my opinion.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,531
Bronze Member
It's funny because there is a discussion about the H2's on hi-fi.org(i think) where they prefer the sound of the H2's compared to the B&W P5-3's, but prefer the almost B&O finish of the B&W's Huh?

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
Posts 1,247
Bronze Member
BeoBoy68 replied on Thu, Dec 11 2014 3:04 AM
Paul W:

Saw the Avant for the first time today along with the 85" and was left disappointed. To me, the plastic material around the screen and the aluminium looked very cheap compared to the BV11 which still looked outstanding. It only took me a second to see where the cost cutting had taken place with the Avant. I didn't think it was a pretty design which B&O should be....

To me, it looks as though the David Lewis designs are taking a lot of beating! The BV11 looked in a different league compared to the Avant. Just my opinion.

Agree, the New BeoVision Avant use thinner and cheapier materials compare the BeoVision 11. It is a pity.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,730
Bronze Member

Well i'm sure a motorised speaker isn't that cheap to produce - so i don't think it's actually cost cutting, it's just a perception about what materials you would prefer on a television. :-) 

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Thu, Dec 11 2014 5:40 PM
And Paul, there is no plastic material around the screen, only aluminium (black/silver).

Sure the black alu looks like plastic but it is not.
Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Warwickshire
Posts 2,590
Gold Member
Guy replied on Fri, Nov 27 2015 10:00 AM

Good deal at Amazon on H2s: http://www.amazon.co.uk/PLAY-Bang-Olufsen-Detatchable-Smartphones/dp/B00OW2PJP8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1448618191&sr=8-1&keywords=bang+olufsen

(It's a 'lightning deal' hence expires in a couple of hours)

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,553
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Fri, Nov 27 2015 11:18 AM

I also prefer the sound of the H2s Chris.  Much brighter.  Whilst they do feel firm on your head at first, it does ease a little after a couple of minutes of wear as they adjust to your head size/shape. You are right that you could run in them but the fact they are fabric means they are not great for any activities that involve sweat! My H3s are better for the gym.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS