Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BV-8 40 dvb-HD module version

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Zwets
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 111
Bronze Member
Zwets Posted: Mon, May 21 2012 6:30 PM

Hallo,

Does anyone know how I can check which version of the DVB-HD module I have in my BV-8 40? I would like to switch from my current UPC provider (with settop box) to a fibre supplier and use that without a settop box. I need to knwo if my DVB-HD module supports CA+. The TV type number is 9560.

thanks! 

DoubleU
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 562
Bronze Member
DoubleU replied on Mon, May 21 2012 9:27 PM

The TV type number is not relevant. You need the number from the optional DVB-HD module.

I assume you mean CI+, right? 

Unfortunatly CI+ is not relevant for your fiber provider in the Netherlands. It’s only supported for Ziggo and UPC.

However, all the basic channels for fiber are “free to air”. But if you want to watch HD, you need their settop box.

So if your DVB-HD module is the latest, (CI+ supported) I would stick with UPC. 

Zwets
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 111
Bronze Member
Zwets replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 9:02 PM
How do i find this number? The fact that fibre suppliers like Lijbrandt are not using CA+ is good new then? I should then be able to plug into my dvb-hd module ven if its the older version, right?
1983beo
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 127
Bronze Member
1983beo replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 9:18 PM
Zwets

Fiber providers won't use the dvb-c standard. Every fiber provider has their own software and standard. So if you switch to a fiber or another provider as Ziggo or UPC you will need a settopbox.

There is no tv at the market yet which have a build in module for fiber providers.
Zwets
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 111
Bronze Member
Zwets replied on Tue, Jul 3 2012 7:42 PM
I believe Lybrandt supports all ziggo certified decoders. Anyway still have not been able to fing out which version of the dvb-hd module i have. Anyone?
Zwets
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 111
Bronze Member
Zwets replied on Wed, Sep 12 2012 10:58 AM

I still have not found a way to check to see if my HD module is CI or CI+ . Can anybody help me?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS