Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

BEOGRAM 7000 AMPLIFICATION?

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Hans Dubourcq
Not Ranked
Naarden , Netherlands
Posts 4
Bronze Member
Hans Dubourcq Posted: Mon, Dec 22 2014 8:49 AM

Hello other Beogram 7000 users.

During the dark days of christmas it was again time to listen to some of my old records.This time the sound was 'dry' and needing much more volume (50+). I suspected my old pick up needle and bought another MCC4 and replaced it selecting the correct balance value. No result however. Strange fact is that when the needle is lifted, a  normal and louder sound is heard for about a millisecond.

My question as a stranger to the technical inside: Does this player have a separate pre amplifier? If  so, can I do anything myself with standard tools?

Thanks in advance for any hint to a new Beoworld member,

Henri

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Dec 22 2014 8:53 PM

The Beogram 7000 does have a built in RIAA so it must be having problems - there is a muting circuit designed to hide the sound of the needle hitting the record and I would suggest that this is where the problem lies. However check the DIN plug as well!

Peter

Lee
Top 150 Contributor
Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Posts 734
Bronze Member
Lee replied on Mon, Dec 22 2014 9:43 PM

I'll second Peters suggestion, likely to be the muting relay... Try lowering and hiring the tone-arm (with the control buttons) several times to remove any oxidization on the relay.

Lee 

Hans Dubourcq
Not Ranked
Naarden , Netherlands
Posts 4
Bronze Member

Thanks for a quick and helpful reaction Peter and Lee!

This makes sense and I will take both your advices soon. Keep you posted

Henri

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS