Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- March 2012 to February 2022
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the second Archived Forum which was active between 1st March 2012 and 23rd February 2022

beogram 4000 fettle

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

maculate
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Bronze Member
maculate Posted: Wed, Dec 24 2014 4:51 PM

hi all, picked up a beogram 4000 and beomaster 4000 a few months ago, and have finally found time to start to fettle the record deck. it's a type 5215, serial #164550, and seems to be in a pretty poor mechanical state of tune. we'll see how the electronics shape up when all the moving-part basics have been looked at.

first thing i need to do is source a pulley and washer. service manual duly notes the introduction of item 124, 2722015 pulley and triangular profile pulley; these are present but a bodged repair has been attempted and failed, probably hence the discounted price deck and amp were offered for sale at. the pulley had in the past been overtightened and had split the spigot where tightening screw goes into the nut; meaning the pulley  would no longer sit squarely on the shaft. this had then been glued into place, still out of true, with the clamping screw left loose. start up the deck and the tension in the belt pulls the pulley off of the shaft, and the shaft pops loose of its' mooring at the pulley end. whirr, whirr, etc.

the shaft to which the pulley clamps appears to be true enough; this still needs to be checked [as does the alignment] but will have to wait as i do not have the equipment to hand.

so, question one. i need to source a pulley [item 2722015], complete or bare, and accompanying washer [item 2620027]. failing a member here having one for sale, can anyone direct me to a person or organisation likely to have one for sale?

i'm looking forward to spending the time working on this deck. i'm also looking forward to hearing it thru the accompanying amp. pity the guy selling the pair had coupled them with a pair of b&w speakers and not b&o...

regards, and thanks in advance

paul.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS